Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Atlanta Hawks Forum

Atlanta Hawks Forum Atlanta Hawks message board - atlanta hawks fan forum

Old 05-24-2007, 09:13 AM   #1
idizzle
Good college starter

idizzle is considered somewhat coolidizzle is considered somewhat coolidizzle is considered somewhat cool
Default Billy Knight Up To No Good?

I was watching the news last night and Billy Knight was talking he might consider trading the picks to get some veteran help seeing that the team is young. I would be all over this idea but then this is Billy Knight and he might trade the picks to get a veteran bust point guard and center. I rather he draft some help that could be impact players instead of giving up the picks and we don't contend for the playoffs 9 years straight. I hope Billy is smart and won't jeopardize this franchise as he has for the last 4 years.

Last edited by idizzle : 05-24-2007 at 09:16 AM.
idizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 09:28 AM   #2
HawksFan
Can barely lace up my sneakers

HawksFan has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Billy Knight Up To No Good?

Cut Billy some slack...Joe Johnson...Josh Smith...Marvin Williams...Josh Childress...Zaza Pachulia...Sheldon Williams...Tyronne Lue...Salim Staudemire...Solomon Jones...are all quality NBA players...all drafted or signed by Billy. Add in the # 3 and # 11 picks...plus a bunch of unused salary cap money...and Billy is in an enviable position to exploit the off season period. I for one think that the Hawks will be a contending team in the East this coming season as the "NBA's youngest team" matures.

Go Billy...Go Hawks
HawksFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 08:10 PM   #3
idizzle
Good college starter

idizzle is considered somewhat coolidizzle is considered somewhat coolidizzle is considered somewhat cool

He done good with them but all the drafts since 2004 he had a chance to draft a point guard and he didn't. He signs backup point guards to be starter. If Billy Knight were to trade the picks what veteran point guard and center could he get for them?
Old 05-24-2007, 09:59 PM   #4
frankthetank966
I hit open layups

frankthetank966 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawksFan
Cut Billy some slack...Joe Johnson...Josh Smith...Marvin Williams...Josh Childress...Zaza Pachulia...Sheldon Williams...Tyronne Lue...Salim Staudemire...Solomon Jones...are all quality NBA players...all drafted or signed by Billy. Add in the # 3 and # 11 picks...plus a bunch of unused salary cap money...and Billy is in an enviable position to exploit the off season period. I for one think that the Hawks will be a contending team in the East this coming season as the "NBA's youngest team" matures.

Go Billy...Go Hawks
Okay, I will give you this; Johnson, SMith, Williams, Zaza and Lue are good NBA players. But Sheldon is a good 6th man and he provides the Hakws with what we need with defense and rebounding. Salim is pretty good but the coach does not know how to utilize him. But Chilldress has been a slight bust that everyone forgets about how we drafted him over A.I. and Deng because we got Smith. Solomon is alright nothing superb. If he trades a pick it better be #11, so we draft Conely with #3 and try to get KG or Dirk or Gasol!!!
frankthetank966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 12:21 AM   #5
Perezident
Kings>>>Clippers

Perezident has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankthetank966
Okay, I will give you this; Johnson, SMith, Williams, Zaza and Lue are good NBA players. But Sheldon is a good 6th man and he provides the Hakws with what we need with defense and rebounding. Salim is pretty good but the coach does not know how to utilize him. But Chilldress has been a slight bust that everyone forgets about how we drafted him over A.I. and Deng because we got Smith. Solomon is alright nothing superb. If he trades a pick it better be #11, so we draft Conely with #3 and try to get KG or Dirk or Gasol!!!
No way you guys can get KG Gasol with an 11th Pick???

maybe the 3rd ....i think you guys should really consider a Bibby Brad miller #10 for #3 and Fillers

If you guys wanna win now maybe?
Perezident is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 02:11 AM   #6
frankthetank966
I hit open layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perezident
No way you guys can get KG Gasol with an 11th Pick???

maybe the 3rd ....i think you guys should really consider a Bibby Brad miller #10 for #3 and Fillers

If you guys wanna win now maybe?
Who are you kidding? We are not going to trade the two most important picks in our franchise history for Brad Miller and Mike Bibby. They will only be here for 5 years at most. I would take Conely. And i am not saying only #11 for KG or Gasol, you would have to packgae something else like Salim or Chilldress.
Old 05-25-2007, 04:27 AM   #7
statman32
NBA Legend

statman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Who are you kidding? We are not going to trade the two most important picks in our franchise history for Brad Miller and Mike Bibby. They will only be here for 5 years at most. I would take Conely. And i am not saying only #11 for KG or Gasol, you would have to packgae something else like Salim or Chilldress.
The only way you get KG is if you trade JJ and the #3.
statman32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 08:45 AM   #8
HawksFan
Can barely lace up my sneakers

HawksFan has an OK reputation so far

Please bear in mind...Billy inherited a bunch of seriously overpaid underperformers...a team already 5 years out of the playoffs. Since he blew up the residual mess at the 2004 February trade deadline...3 years and 3 months ago...with the trading of Glenn Robinson...Theo Ratliff...Shareef Abdur Raheim (kindly excuse my spelling)...he has totally reconstructed the team. With the # 3 pick and the # 11 pick (a low budget Free Agent signing...Steven Jackson...traded to Indiana for Al Harrington...who was traded back to Indiana for the # 11 pick)...Billy is now poised to fill the two remaining voids in the Hawks' 10 player rotation...starting Point and starting Center. All other positions are filled with quality NBA players. Joe...Marvin...Josh at starting # 2, # 3, # 4. T-Lue...Salim...Chills...Sheldon...Zaza off the bench with Speedy, Anthony, Solo, Lorenzen in reserve. So please...hold your fire...Billy understands that he has two key positions that need to be filled. With the # 3 and # 11 picks in a talented and deep draft...with unused Cap money...with Free Agents and Restricted Free Agents coming on to the market July 1...Billy is PERFECTLY positioned to pick up the starting Point and starting Center we need. Maybe he will draft two players...maybe he will trade one or both...maybe he will sign one or more Free Agents...maybe he will make one or more Sign 'n Trade deals. The bottom line is this...the Hawks just secured two VERY valueable assets...# 3 and # 11...and a ton of flexibility. I, for one, will not be the least bit surprised if Billy fills the starting Point and starting Center positions with two high quality "long, athletic, talented" players come Fall Camp.

Go Billy...Go Hawks
HawksFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 04:41 PM   #9
frankthetank966
I hit open layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawksFan
Please bear in mind...Billy inherited a bunch of seriously overpaid underperformers...a team already 5 years out of the playoffs. Since he blew up the residual mess at the 2004 February trade deadline...3 years and 3 months ago...with the trading of Glenn Robinson...Theo Ratliff...Shareef Abdur Raheim (kindly excuse my spelling)...he has totally reconstructed the team. With the # 3 pick and the # 11 pick (a low budget Free Agent signing...Steven Jackson...traded to Indiana for Al Harrington...who was traded back to Indiana for the # 11 pick)...Billy is now poised to fill the two remaining voids in the Hawks' 10 player rotation...starting Point and starting Center. All other positions are filled with quality NBA players. Joe...Marvin...Josh at starting # 2, # 3, # 4. T-Lue...Salim...Chills...Sheldon...Zaza off the bench with Speedy, Anthony, Solo, Lorenzen in reserve. So please...hold your fire...Billy understands that he has two key positions that need to be filled. With the # 3 and # 11 picks in a talented and deep draft...with unused Cap money...with Free Agents and Restricted Free Agents coming on to the market July 1...Billy is PERFECTLY positioned to pick up the starting Point and starting Center we need. Maybe he will draft two players...maybe he will trade one or both...maybe he will sign one or more Free Agents...maybe he will make one or more Sign 'n Trade deals. The bottom line is this...the Hawks just secured two VERY valueable assets...# 3 and # 11...and a ton of flexibility. I, for one, will not be the least bit surprised if Billy fills the starting Point and starting Center positions with two high quality "long, athletic, talented" players come Fall Camp.

Go Billy...Go Hawks
Reasonable points. Anyways the only thing scares me going into this draft is that Billy will trade the picks for a bad veteran who was a has been. He is not so good at picking up vets I make my case with Speedy and Lorenzen. I hope in heaven that he does not draft Wright. At least he should trade down to four if they want Wright.
Old 05-25-2007, 05:46 PM   #10
idizzle
Good college starter

Rumor has it that Portland wants to get Mike Conley to play alongside Greg Oden and theirs a rumor Portland could do a 3 team trade with Atlanta and Washington where Atlanta gives the #3 pick to Portland and Portland gives Atlanta Jarret Jack and Washington give Zach Randolph and Portland gets Antawin Jamison. I'm 50/50 on this one.
Old 05-25-2007, 07:22 PM   #11
Perezident
Kings>>>Clippers

Quote:
Originally Posted by idizzle
Rumor has it that Portland wants to get Mike Conley to play alongside Greg Oden and theirs a rumor Portland could do a 3 team trade with Atlanta and Washington where Atlanta gives the #3 pick to Portland and Portland gives Atlanta Jarret Jack and Washington give Zach Randolph and Portland gets Antawin Jamison. I'm 50/50 on this one.
LMAO at that hilarious rumor!

so Atl would be morons trading a Number 3!!! pick for JACK?????...bear in mind now atl has the power to draft any one they choose they dnt have to draft Conely ..they could Yi Horford Conely B.Wright etc.....Conely>Jack

so your telling me if Jack was in this years draft He'd go Number 3 still??? if atl was picking??

lol wow funniest thing i've ever heard in a long time idizzle....your ma boy n all but that doesnt make any sense...not saying u made it up (i know its a rumor but still!)
Old 05-25-2007, 07:33 PM   #12
frankthetank966
I hit open layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by idizzle
Are you saying we would get both Jack and Randolph? Because thats pretty interesting. I would probably do that since Randolph can play center and has been doing really well the past few seasons. He is big and we could use him. But I would ask Portland to pay for some of his salary and a #2 rounder.
Old 05-25-2007, 07:45 PM   #13
Perezident
Kings>>>Clippers

Quote:
Are you saying we would get both Jack and Randolph? Because thats pretty interesting. I would probably do that since Randolph can play center and has been doing really well the past few seasons. He is big and we could use him. But I would ask Portland to pay for some of his salary and a #2 rounder.
No he's saying

Wiz get Randolph
Port get Antwane Jamison
Atl get Jack for the #3
Old 05-25-2007, 07:48 PM   #14
frankthetank966
I hit open layups

Well then hell no. That would be a dumb trade.
Old 05-25-2007, 09:42 PM   #15
idizzle
Good college starter

Billy Knight would be crazy enough to do it!
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: