Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 07-06-2006, 01:27 PM   #1
traditionone
High school junior varsity star

traditionone has an OK reputation so far
Default Another day, another new trade rumor

This involves the Charlotte Bobcats.

Mihm and Cook for Knight and Carroll

I've read this rumor on several boards who were passing along a Sirius rumor. Charlotte fans and Lakers fans don't like this deal.

Knight doesn't fit in the triangle since he is not a good shooter. Carroll is a good shooter, but he can't do anything else.

Now, if we can get Ely via S&T, then it would make the trade interesting. They can keep Knight and toss in Ely and I'll do that deal. We get a big in return, they keep Knight as their backup point guard, we get a cheap shooter.
traditionone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 02:03 PM   #2
Lakers_Kobe_Fan
NBA sixth man of the year

Lakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by traditionone
This involves the Charlotte Bobcats.

Mihm and Cook for Knight and Carroll

I've read this rumor on several boards who were passing along a Sirius rumor. Charlotte fans and Lakers fans don't like this deal.

Knight doesn't fit in the triangle since he is not a good shooter. Carroll is a good shooter, but he can't do anything else.

Now, if we can get Ely via S&T, then it would make the trade interesting. They can keep Knight and toss in Ely and I'll do that deal. We get a big in return, they keep Knight as their backup point guard, we get a cheap shooter.

I agree...I like Ely a lot.....but would create a log in the middle. can he play small forward? I think we need a scorer......remember if PG was the necissity they would have gone after it harder rather then signing vad rad...we need consistent scoring...rad is good off the bench but thats it.....I still think we should trade for JR Smith and make him play SF what u think
Lakers_Kobe_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 02:16 PM   #3
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Defensively, are either of these players going to fill a need the Lakers have?
SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 02:27 PM   #4
GM2BE
Can barely lace up my sneakers

GM2BE has an OK reputation so far
Default Trade Mitch Kupchak

I Will Never Forgive That Sorry Sob For Not Being Able To Manage His House... You're Fired Mitch!!!
GM2BE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 05:03 PM   #5
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Melvin Ely Can defend, rebound and score.

he would be the best part of that trade. that way we keep lamar at the 3 and use melvin to sub in for radman
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 05:38 PM   #6
traditionone

People who have kept up with my posts knows how much I want Ely on this team. With him on board, we're set at the 4 and 5. He can put points on the board and gives us versatility inside with regards to the combinations of players we can throw out there.

I prefer Pargo over Knight just because Pargo is younger, experienced in the triangle, and he can actually shoot the ball.
Old 07-06-2006, 06:17 PM   #7
Mr. Clutch
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Mr. Clutch has an OK reputation so far

this would be a good trade for us but i like cook he's pretty tight he just needs to stop shooting everytime he touches the ball but i mean you cant blame him cuz thts his role but melvin ely would be solid in the purple and gold plus he has much more upside then butterfingers kwame
Mr. Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 02:26 AM   #8
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by traditionone
People who have kept up with my posts knows how much I want Ely on this team. With him on board, we're set at the 4 and 5. He can put points on the board and gives us versatility inside with regards to the combinations of players we can throw out there.

I prefer Pargo over Knight just because Pargo is younger, experienced in the triangle, and he can actually shoot the ball.

I want Ely also.

Have you guys notcied something is always wrong with every gaurd we want or are rumored to get or even have for that matter?

Smush- Played bad Defense and shot poorly in the playoffs.
Sasha- shoots 35% from the field
Marcuc Banks- Plays D but isnt as a good a shooter
Jordan Farmar- Same
Knight- same

Whats wrong with these guys

they either shoot poorly and play bad D or visa versa

what a disgrace/
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 03:12 AM   #9
hotsizzle
Superstar

hotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation here

i've also heard about this rumor. pjax said that they need to address quickness and speed this offseason. knight would help them there. knight is also pretty good defensively and avg gets many steals. moreover, he is a pass first PG. only bad thing is that hes small, other than that, he would be a good fit imo.

i, too, would love to see melvin ely there. guy can score, rebound, and defend. could be a big boost off the bench.
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 11:10 AM   #10
traditionone

I'm a Brevin Knight fan. He's done a great job in Charlotte. The problem is that he's a traditional point guard and he doesn't fit the system. He's a horrible three point shooter. He's a great decision maker, but we should first target Ely and see if he's willing to come here. Carroll is just a throw in. We could use a shooter off the bench.

Charlotte should keep Knight because he and Jumaine Jones are the only veteran players they have.

If we really want to bring in another point guard, offer Pargo the 1.7 mil exception and see if he accepts. He's quick enough.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: