Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 06-10-2007, 02:11 PM   #1
bigboi_baller
NBA rookie of the year

Default Ab Lounge Machines

Does anyone own them? How effective are they?

The reason I'm asking is, its the offseason right now and I've hurt my wrist so I actually play ball anymore or do my initial plan of lifting weights. I'm wearing a fat arm brace, so even running is really hard.

I was thinking about getting this and working on my core muscles (abs) for the summer. I'm running about 1.5 miles per day and I do about 75 pushups (on my fists due to injury) daily, so I have other forms of exercise.

I can get this ab lounge thing for 50 bucks and my abs are the only part of my body that doesn't look decent. I've got a little belly and I'm hoping this thing can take care of that.

Is it worth it?
bigboi_baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 02:14 PM   #2
NoGunzJustSkillz

Default Re: Ab Lounge Machines

Your diet is more inportant to your abs then a machine or workout for that matter. I am also interested in getting a ab machine, but I was also wondering how effective they are.
NoGunzJustSkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 02:18 PM   #3
Da KO King
NBA sixth man of the year

The Ab Lounge is more about cosmetics than core strength. If one of your goals for your core is to impress the hoes its not bad. Just follow the workout plan that comes with it.

Don't be afraid to admit part of the reason you workout is for the hoes either. Probably 80% of guys who work out secretly workout to impress the ladies. They normally try to cover it up with some BS about it making them feel better.
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 02:20 PM   #4
bigboi_baller
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoGunzJustSkillz
Your diet is more inportant to your abs then a machine or workout for that matter. I am also interested in getting a ab machine, but I was also wondering how effective they are.
Explain about your diet. Cause with me, I'm in good shape. I play league ball in a HS division. I'm can run as fast as most guards and I can bang down low with most big men. In the past few years, I've played every position but PG. Now, I play SF, so I thats why I'm that versatile.

I eat decently healthy. You'd never catch me eating a packet of chips or candy/chocalate. But, I'll have a soda once a day and fastfood every 2 days. My body type is between long/lean and average athletic.
Old 06-10-2007, 02:22 PM   #5
bigboi_baller
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da KO King
The Ab Lounge is more about cosmetics than core strength. If one of your goals for your core is to impress the hoes its not bad. Just follow the workout plan that comes with it.

Don't be afraid to admit part of the reason you workout is for the hoes either. Probably 80% of guys who work out secretly workout to impress the ladies. They normally try to cover it up with some BS about it making them feel better.
Nah, obviously having nice abs would be nice. Especially in the summer but I've also heard from a lot of sources that having strong upper body/arms or strong legs is almost pointless if you core (abs) are not just as strong. Its like killing 2 birds with one stone, getting better looking abs and getting better at basketball.
Old 06-10-2007, 02:23 PM   #6
bballnoob
Decent college freshman

I'm pretty sure doing some ab excercises with some free weights would be better than spending it on one of those ab lounges. You can work out different ways and I'm pretty sure the ab lounges only allow you to move in one motion.
bballnoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 02:25 PM   #7
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

The main reason people want abs, want muscles is to impress females and eventually get them. Its pretty hilarious...small % actually care about being in shape or in good to great condition. You just wanna look ripped or be musclar so you can get attention from females. Next time you do some crunches, lift weights ask yourself. Self? Seriously what am I dong it for? And when self says "The females you homo, now get back to work". Just laugh.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 02:40 PM   #8
bigboi_baller
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Self? Seriously what am I dong it for? And when self says "The females you homo, now get back to work". Just laugh.

Self questions always make me crack up
Old 06-10-2007, 02:51 PM   #9
gts
Sons of Antartica

do sit ups of various types for your core, it also builds lower back muscles which is as imporatnat
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 02:58 PM   #10
IversonMelo2K7
BIG KAHUNA

Quote:
The main reason people want abs, want muscles is to impress females and eventually get them. Its pretty hilarious...small % actually care about being in shape or in good to great condition. You just wanna look ripped or be musclar so you can get attention from females. Next time you do some crunches, lift weights ask yourself. Self? Seriously what am I dong it for? And when self says "The females you homo, now get back to work". Just laugh.

duh, since when it it taboo to want to impress fems? ur gay if you don't.
IversonMelo2K7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 03:04 PM   #11
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Originally Posted by IversonMelo2K7
duh, since when it it taboo to want to impress fems? ur gay if you don't.

Where in my post did I say it was taboo you bimbo?
Old 06-10-2007, 03:04 PM   #12
reppy
Apparently likes anime

Being in excellent shaped really helped me with my basketball game. I could jump like a mother****er.

Download an 8 Minute Abs video off some file sharing program. Don't waste your money on those ab machines.
reppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 03:07 PM   #13
IversonMelo2K7
BIG KAHUNA

Quote:
Where in my post did I say it was taboo you bimbo?
are you so ego-centric you think everyone is talking directly to you?? just becasue i quoted you doesn't mean my post was directed toward you u d00fus. your quote was pertinant to my statement. if you actually read the damng posts, you would see your post was essentially dismissing the fact that it is taboo and i was agreeing.
IversonMelo2K7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 03:09 PM   #14
reppy
Apparently likes anime

Also, for the love of **** and balls... use the off topic forum!
reppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 03:09 PM   #15
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Originally Posted by IversonMelo2K7
are you so ego-centric you think everyone is talking directly to you?? just becasue i quoted you doesn't mean my post was directed toward you u d00fus. your quote was pertinant to my statement. if you actually read the damng posts, you would see your post was essentially dismissing the fact that it is taboo and i was agreeing.

Ok now spit my nuts out your mouth please.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: