Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 07-08-2006, 02:09 AM   #1
ittybitty814
Can barely lace up my sneakers

ittybitty814 has an OK reputation so far
Default clyde announcing

I love him I think he's the greatest announcer out there, for basketball at least. Anyway I was wondering your opinions on him, I have heard lots of people actually don't like him for all the vocabulary and metaphors he uses (matador d haha thats the best one). And also why hasn't he become a national announcer? did he turn it down? because hes better than most out there, there are some really bad national announcers ie bill walton.
ittybitty814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 06:25 PM   #2
spree8149
I airball my layups

spree8149 has an OK reputation so far

clyde sux yo. hes got a boring voice and the most annoying laugh ive ever heard. he freakin thinks he was the greatest player of all time like he had no flaws or anythin. the knicks shud get rid of him and make kenny smith the permanent announcer.
spree8149 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 10:45 PM   #3
knicksfan3

knicksfan3 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by spree8149
clyde sux yo. hes got a boring voice and the most annoying laugh ive ever heard. he freakin thinks he was the greatest player of all time like he had no flaws or anythin. the knicks shud get rid of him and make kenny smith the permanent announcer.

You should really stfu because he was the leader of the Knicks team that actually won us a championchip. As an annoncer hes ok, he does have a boring voice but give him respect.
knicksfan3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 06:18 PM   #4
Joey Zaza
Local High School Star

Joey Zaza is considered somewhat coolJoey Zaza is considered somewhat coolJoey Zaza is considered somewhat cool

I love clyde, mostly because I'm a Knick fan. He really knows the team and really knows the sport. He does not hold back with criticism - which is great. He is extremely tough on point-guards.

His rhyming and chiming have actually slowed since he's been on TV (him and Breen used to dominate the radio together) but its still omnipresent when he breaks it out.
Joey Zaza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 06:33 PM   #5
PatCummingsFan
I airball my layups

PatCummingsFan has an OK reputation so far

C'mon man, why all the hate for "The Rolls Royce" ???

I enjoy Walt Frazier, anyone that says they would rather have Kenny the Jet obviously is not a hardcore Knicks man, how do you diss someone from your squad that got us a title some time back ?

It's always a pleasure hearing commentary from a Knicks Legend, why the hatred baby ?

Oh yeah, he has a boring voice
PatCummingsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 10:20 PM   #6
ittybitty814

ittybitty814 has an OK reputation so far

i love clyde as i said, but just cause he was a great knick doesn't make him a great announcer, he just is. for example starks is the worst announcer ever.
ittybitty814 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: