Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 06-11-2007, 12:47 AM   #1
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default LEWIS HAMILTON Wins Canadian Grand Prix

22 year old, Lewis Hamilton won his first F1 race, he is also the first black driver to win a F1 race...

Quote:
Canadian GP race: McLaren - Hamilton: "I'm on another planet!"
Vodafone McLaren Mercedes driver Lewis Hamilton won the Canadian Grand Prix in Montreal and took his maiden Formula 1 victory. After 70 laps with four Safety Car periods, Lewis won 4.3 seconds ahead of Nick Heidfeld and Alexander Wurz. Fernando Alonso ended up seventh following a 10 second stop-and-go penalty. Both drivers were on two-stop strategies. Lewis came in on laps 22 (9 seconds) and 48 (6 seconds) whilst Fernando made his stops on laps 23 (7.8 seconds) and 53 (5.7 seconds). Fernando set the fastest lap of the race with a time of 1m16.367 on lap 46. In the Drivers' World Championship, Lewis took the lead with 48 points ahead of Fernando with 40 points. After six of the season's 17 races, Vodafone McLaren Mercedes heads the Constructors' table with 88 points ahead of Ferrari on 60.

LEWIS HAMILTON
Im on another planet after this I simply cant find the words to describe what it feels like to win my first Formula 1 race. The team has done a fantastic job and Im so happy to be part of the Vodafone McLaren Mercedes family. I made an OK start off the line nothing spectacular but managed to get a good exit out of the first corner and whilst mayhem was happening around me I was able to keep my cool and focus. Obviously Im pleased that my good friend Robert is OK after his accident. It seemed like every time I opened up a bit of a gap the Safety Car came out and I had to start all over again. It was only a few laps from the end I realised that victory was within my grasp and I started noticing things like the fans cheering and when I crossed the finishing line it was amazing. I now have to stay focused and keep up the good work. Its been an incredible start to my Formula 1 career so far but I know there is a tough season ahead of us. Finally thanks to the entire team at McLaren and Mercedes-Benz for all the hard work they have put into the car its an absolute pleasure to drive and be part of such a winning combination.

gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 12:53 AM   #2
AtTheDriveIn
04'

AtTheDriveIn has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: LEWIS HAMILTON Wins Canadian Grand Prix

Good for him. I watched the race early this morning here in Australia. (2.45am to be exact). Another great result by Heidfeld to finish to far up the order as well as Wurz. Very surprising race from him to be in the top 3. I remember when a couple years back when he used to be my favorite drive.

Little bit disappointed in Massa and Fisichella, though.
AtTheDriveIn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 12:59 AM   #3
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtTheDriveIn
Good for him. I watched the race early this morning here in Australia. (2.45am to be exact). Another great result by Heidfeld to finish to far up the order as well as Wurz. Very surprising race from him to be in the top 3. I remember when a couple years back when he used to be my favorite drive.

Little bit disappointed in Massa and Fisichella, though.
yeah it is good rokie driver wins in first season rare stuff indeed...i missed it all, i guess kubica had a hell of a crash... broke his leg, concussion...
Old 06-11-2007, 01:02 AM   #4
gts
Sons of Antartica

yikes huge crash.... wow lucky lucky man
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5STiMMD1AI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-0X5KFUuAE

Last edited by gts : 06-11-2007 at 01:05 AM.
Old 06-11-2007, 01:03 AM   #5
wally_world
M0derator

wally_world has decent reputationwally_world has decent reputation

yep... i'm a huge fan of Kimi in his days with the McLarens team... now that he left im still a fan of him as i am for McLarens... i don't really like Alonso... Lewis hamilton is in a good momentum to win drivers championship this year... go Kimi go Lewis!
wally_world is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 01:07 AM   #6
AtTheDriveIn
04'

AtTheDriveIn has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by gts
yeah it is good rokie driver wins in first season rare stuff indeed...i missed it all, i guess kubica had a hell of a crash... broke his leg, concussion...

What's even more surprising is that Hamilton leads the championship right now, He's been leading it, or being tied for first since about Round 2.

Funny story I heard, when he was about 11 or so, he met the McLaren team chief and told him he'd be racing for him one day, and here is now, racing for McLaren.

Yeah, Vettell (test drive) will most likely race the next 5 or 6 Grand Prix's for the BMW team.
AtTheDriveIn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 01:12 AM   #7
gts
Sons of Antartica

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtTheDriveIn
What's even more surprising is that Hamilton leads the championship right now, He's been leading it, or being tied for first since about Round 2. Funny story I heard, when he was about 11 or so, he met the McLaren team chief and told him he'd be racing for him one day, and here is now, racing for McLaren.

Yeah, Vettell (test drive) will most likely race the next 5 or 6 Grand Prix's for the BMW team.
as long as he stays steady he can do well, it's a long season so anything can happen...

Wally,
kimi's one of my favorites too seems like just yeasterday he was one of the young bulls in line to take the crown from messrs shumacher and his generation...
Old 06-11-2007, 01:21 AM   #8
eboloid
Flash Gordo

eboloid has an OK reputation so far

It's a little difficult to see on the low-res Youtube clip, but did anybody else think that Kubica hit the stationary Spyker (or Toro Rosso?) right before crashing into the inside wall? Nobody in the press is mentioning this, but I'm pretty sure I wasn't just making that up, then again it was 1am and I was about ten beers in. If he'd T-boned the other car, that could have been a lot worse.
eboloid is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: