Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 06-17-2007, 09:01 PM   #1
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

Default The New York Knicks Draft Wilson Chandler

He skipped Chicagos draft camp because of his ankle but supposely the Knicks gaurenteed they would draft him at 23.

Could be a false room but he's expected to go 2nd round. Around the 40th pick.

6'8 wing form DePaul with a smoothe jumpshot and jumps out the gym.
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 11:27 PM   #2
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Default Re: Wilson Chandler

HTR, where did you read the guarantee??
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 01:56 AM   #3
j Fresh
Local High School Star

can he play defense?
j Fresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 03:26 AM   #4
HKSVIP
I hit open layups

http://www.collegehoopsnet.com/new/s..._chandler40828

http://www.nbadraft.net/admincp/prof...nchandler.html

http://www.draftexpress.com/viewprofile.php?p=505
HKSVIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 06:35 AM   #5
Blue&Orange
NBA lottery pick

Looks like a bigger and stronger Balkman.
Blue&Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 06:56 AM   #6
Q.E.C
нυєy

is he related to tyson chandler? you don't hear that last name to often.
Q.E.C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 10:32 PM   #7
Don Che
I hit open 5-footers

I like balkman,Lee, and Q. No need for this guy.
We are in need of a PF and a SG.
ZEKE has to be bluffin wit this shi#
I'm sick of him actin like he doesnt need change for this team.
Complete bull. We gotta trade for a 4 or a 3(that blocks shots and can hit a 3) and draft a 2(this whole draft are 2's and he has to know that)
Don Che is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 12:06 AM   #8
bigdaddybluesman
Local High School Star

Zeke is not going to show his hand.

We will know who he drafts when he picks.

I say if Almond is there he's our guy.

If he's taken earlier maybe Isiah will make a trade for him.

I don't think we need any big men. We need to keep working with the one's we have.

They are all very young and developing, yes they have certain deficiencies.

All players do and hopefully in time they will do the work necessary to improve and raise their playing level.

I have not given up on Frye, Lee is going to be an awesome player next season. Balkman is going to be very good if he starts shooting better. I haven't given up on Jefferies, yet, and he's still young. Curry has improved more than any other player I have ever seen in this past year. Morris has an NBA ready body and looks comfortable on the court, we really don't know what he's capable of doing. We won't for another 2 years.

Let's look at the facts, there are no quick fixes and this team is being built for the long haul.

We have 6 big men on this team that are all young and talented. It won't be for another 2-3 years until we see who does what. By that time all these young players will be veterans and they will be who they are. You have to crawl before you walk and walk before you run. These guys are just finding their walking legs.

We have to be patient and I hope Isiah is too. I trust Isiah's talent assessment and judgment, he's proven himself there.

Some of us are older men and some are young on this forum.

Take it from me, some times young men wake up and the light bulb goes off in their heads. They turn into great players when that happens. Some times by being a great player it mean learning your limitations and developing a niche or style of play that makes you an important player on the roster. It might not mean being a starter or all star, it might just mean learning to be a role player and doing your job.

Your job in BBall is to play defense, pass the ball to the open man and hit the jumper if it's in your range, maybe drive if you have an open lane.

You might not have a postup game or 3 point range or shot blocking ability. just play good fundamentals and start from there.

So maybe Morris will be a backup C/PF and play 30 minutes a game providing some defense and an inside presence when Curry is not in the game, we don't know that yet. Maybe Frye never starts and becomes a bench player who gives us quality minutes. Maybe Lee develops a consistent jump shot and low post moves and turns into an All Star. Maybe Balkman starts hitting 3 pointers and with his work inside becomes a really good player for us.

We won't know this for a few seasons.

Hey maybe Nate matures and learns to play the point.......nay, never happen, sorry I got too excited.

OK now I'm really going to take a long stretch and say maybe James has a heart to heart with Isiah over cheese burgers. He then commits himself to getting in shape and giving quality minutes as a defensive presence and shot blocker and takes his job seriously instead of being a clown.........that's a real stretch isn't it.....
bigdaddybluesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 11:40 AM   #9
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

He's way better than Balkman. I've seen him play quite a few times because I was a Depaul fan. Well really i used to like watchin Sammy Mejia play but Chandler is going to be something special. I wasn't aware he was coming out of college. He can ball. A nice jumpshot and great size on him. I wouldn't mind havin him at all. I'd even go as far as getting rid of some of our guards. I still want Thad Young though. If he trickles down to us we HAVE to take him. HAVE TO!!!!! He has that much raw talent and potential.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 04:09 AM   #10
Don Che
I hit open 5-footers

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
He's way better than Balkman. I've seen him play quite a few times because I was a Depaul fan. Well really i used to like watchin Sammy Mejia play but Chandler is going to be something special. I wasn't aware he was coming out of college. He can ball. A nice jumpshot and great size on him. I wouldn't mind havin him at all. I'd even go as far as getting rid of some of our guards. I still want Thad Young though. If he trickles down to us we HAVE to take him. HAVE TO!!!!! He has that much raw talent and potential.
Theres a reason y Chandler is being projected for the 2nd round. Ive seen the kid play and he has good upside but doesnt seem like he has the drive to achieve. Me and you know what we will get from balkman day in and day out..EVERYTHING. Balkman is less talented but more heart(and we know what wins).Young is good but is underacheiving now but that will change and I like Mejia's game as well. Chandler I'm not a big fan of.

We should draft the BEST player or the most NEEDED player...and this kid is neither...i promise if Wilson Chandler comes out of David Sterns mouth my loved ones are having a long night with me ranting. Lee,Balkman, Q, and MAYbe Jeffries are better then him and all these guys take playin time at the 3 and are all young so theyll be here in 2 or 3 years as well.
Don Che is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 09:29 AM   #11
brooklynchild155
High School Varsity 6th Man

this wouldnt make any sense to me. we have no shot blocking, it looks like sean williams would be on the board he's young and athletic and in half a season he averaged 5 blocks and ur goin to pass on him. if he's there u have to take him.
brooklynchild155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 10:08 AM   #12
Da KO King
NBA sixth man of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklynchild155
this wouldnt make any sense to me. we have no shot blocking, it looks like sean williams would be on the board he's young and athletic and in half a season he averaged 5 blocks and ur goin to pass on him. if he's there u have to take him.
Sean Williams is a head case and his upside doesn't outweigh the risk of giving him a guaranteed deal.

Despite the fact I don't want the Knicks to draft him, a guy like Thad Young's upside outweighs his risk. He lacks the perimeter skills to be a NBA SF right now but Thad knows that and went to Georgia Tech to work on it. You can go either way with that and say he put himself (need to improve on the perimeter) ahead of the team (his ineffectiveness on the perimeter versus on the interior). Either way he shows he understand where he's weak and needs improvement.

Williams knows his flaws yet managed to get kicked out of school instead of developing his game. Williams would be better off in the second round. Maybe that way he has a real incentive to stop puffing the magic dragon.

As for Chandler....

I didn't get to see him at all last season. While it's entirely possible the Knicks are looking at him the current reports about a promise are a reach.

Chandler has not worked out for anyone yet and the whole speculation is based on Thomas saying Randolph Morris was his first 2007 pick so he can draft for potential with #23.
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 10:39 AM   #13
brooklynchild155

y do people always say we need to draft a small. i love balkmans game. people bashed him saying he only averaged 9 points y is he a first rounder. he plays with so much heart its not even funny. and your goin to draft another small who people questions his heart and is being drafted just cause of his potential. that dont make any sense. when u look as his numbers for the whole season, when he got to play he was ballin putting up great numbers. if he played more minutes he would have been an all-rookie first teamer. what the knicks need to do is cut lose some guys so he can get more minutes.
Old 06-22-2007, 01:04 PM   #14
bigdaddybluesman
Local High School Star

I agree, I love Balkman and really enjoy watching him hustle and go after the ball. He also fights in the paint and has that hunger to be a winner. I wish Frye had his heart and Balkman had Frye's jumper.

And here in lies the problem. Balkman has no jump shot. He and Lee will never be starters until they can knock down that 15 foot jump shot. Once they start doing that other teams will not be able to do so much doubling and even triple teaming our shooters. Lee has a shot but he doesn't have confidence in it yet, he will and will be our starting PF next season in my opinion.

We need a SG who has the body of a legit 2. If he's skinny he needs to be 6'7" or taller, if he has some bulk 6'5" or more. I envision a backcourt of Collins at 6'6" and a SG at 6'7". Try matching up with that. Nate and Crawford can come off the bench and do fine but they do not have starters bodies and mentalities, Defense Defense Defense. That's why I love Q but you can't rely on him because of his back.

So we need a tall shooting 2 that wants to learn how to play the right way. Most of all he needs to have a high BBall IQ, something Marbury, Francis, Nate and Crawford are lacking in various degrees.
bigdaddybluesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 06:59 PM   #15
brooklynchild155

lets just put it like this if he draft this guy im not goin to be to happy but with isiahs track record for drafting really good players. i probably would sweat it to much cause no matter what u say about isiah. his past draft picks have been real good so we will see what happens.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: