Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Atlanta Hawks Forum

Atlanta Hawks Forum Atlanta Hawks message board - atlanta hawks fan forum

Old 06-18-2007, 02:11 PM   #1
csc30
Saw a basketball once

Default #3 Al Horford

Ok, we should definitely take Horford with #3. All of you who always say we always take forwards blah blah blah, that doesn't matter. I agree that Shelden and Marvin were not the best picks, but Horford is. I think we take him and trade some of our other forwards. Plus, we still get #11.
csc30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 04:24 PM   #2
frankthetank966
I usually hit open layups

Default Re: #3 Al Horford

I think we take him an trade some other people to. Maybe to get another pick or C.
frankthetank966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 05:04 AM   #3
T21
Learning to shoot layups

I agree! I think Horford will become a monster and a PF of the future in the mold of Amare, just more defensive minded... He is NBA ready and just imagine him and Josh Smith?! WOW!
I also don't buy that talk that we already have enough forwards... Lets draft the best and then make trades and FA signings to complete our roster!
T21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 10:42 AM   #4
brooklynchild155
High School Varsity 6th Man

im not a atlanta hawks fans. but watching the hawks play i think the only player the hawks should be looking at, at #3 is mike conley. the hawks desparately need a point gaurd like mike conley. he would make joe johnson a better player, josh smith and so on. he would make the whole team better. yall already have like 4-5 forwards already. y take onother one.
brooklynchild155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 05:49 PM   #5
frankthetank966

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklynchild155
im not a atlanta hawks fans. but watching the hawks play i think the only player the hawks should be looking at, at #3 is mike conley. the hawks desparately need a point gaurd like mike conley. he would make joe johnson a better player, josh smith and so on. he would make the whole team better. yall already have like 4-5 forwards already. y take onother one.
I think we should take Horford IF HE CAN PLAY CENTER if not then take Conely. But I have tons of confidence in him that he is capable of playing center and being successful. Lets look at some other big men around his height and weight. Al Horford (6-10 245 lbs and still growing) Marcus Camby (6-11 230) Dwight Howard (6-11 265) Carlos Boozer (6-9 258) Tim Duncan (6-11 260) and Amare Stoudemire (6-10 245 exactly like Horford). All of those guys I just listed are top 6 rebounders in the league and a few of them (Stoudemire and (Boozer) are top 10 scorers in the league. I think Horford can easily play the center position seeings as he is NBA ready, has excellent post skills and great defense and is a hard worker so he can do anything he desires. And if Conely is not available at 11 then we take Crittenton who could do just as well.
Old 06-20-2007, 06:06 PM   #6
ILLEFEX
Serious playground baller

i'm a bulls fan and i also think that you guys should take horford........if the bulls had the 4th pick, i'm sure paxson would be crossing his fingers that atlanta won't take horford.........since we got the 9th pick, we really could care less cause we know lotz of good players will be gone by then..........

anywayz, take horford..........trade shelden or marvin to the blazers for magloire..........take acie law with the 11th pick.......or trade the pick for a more legit, proven pg.............thatz just what i think.........
ILLEFEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 07:52 PM   #7
frankthetank966

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLEFEX
i'm a bulls fan and i also think that you guys should take horford........if the bulls had the 4th pick, i'm sure paxson would be crossing his fingers that atlanta won't take horford.........since we got the 9th pick, we really could care less cause we know lotz of good players will be gone by then..........

anywayz, take horford..........trade shelden or marvin to the blazers for magloire..........take acie law with the 11th pick.......or trade the pick for a more legit, proven pg.............thatz just what i think.........
We should take Horford but def. not law. He is more of a SG than a PG. But I wouldn't mind trading Shelden and Chilldress but I wouldn't trade Shelden and Marvin especially for Magloire.
Old 06-20-2007, 09:08 PM   #8
final.wrath
Banned

Shelden Williams should be the Hawk's center of the future. When he got consistent minutes he was a dominant rebounder and decent defender.

Mike Conley is the right choice. Think about it. He completes your team.
final.wrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 11:12 PM   #9
frankthetank966

Quote:
Originally Posted by final.wrath
Shelden Williams should be the Hawk's center of the future. When he got consistent minutes he was a dominant rebounder and decent defender.

Mike Conley is the right choice. Think about it. He completes your team.
Thats true, but wouldn't you rather take Horford; then try to trade Shelden and 11 and move up to get Conely or vis ver su.
Old 06-21-2007, 09:08 AM   #10
T21
Learning to shoot layups

[quote=frankthetank966]Thats true, but wouldn't you rather take Horford; then try to trade Shelden and 11 and move up to get Conely or vis ver su.[/QUOT
Exactly! Hawks have enough pieces to make things happen'...
T21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 04:30 PM   #11
frankthetank966

[quote=T21]
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankthetank966
Thats true, but wouldn't you rather take Horford; then try to trade Shelden and 11 and move up to get Conely or vis ver su.[/QUOT
Exactly! Hawks have enough pieces to make things happen'...
Yep and I think it could, if we get Horford and Conely it will be one sick draft.
Old 06-21-2007, 06:18 PM   #12
csc30
Saw a basketball once

So Horford it is with that pick. Hopefully Billy feels like the majority of this board and will take him too. I mean I understand people being upset with Billy taking some of the draft picks he has in the past, but HORFORD is the BEST player after oden and durant in the draft. We take him, and trade some others.
csc30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 11:20 AM   #13
frankthetank966

Yea, who cares about the past. As long as we get one of the two PG's Crittenton or Conely I will be happy. We draft Horford and one of those bad @$$'s. Horford should play center the question is whether or not woodson will put him there. Our other center Zaza is only 6-11 so it wont be terrible putting Horford at Center seeing as he probably has better post skills than anyone even oden.
Old 06-22-2007, 11:55 AM   #14
idizzle
Good college starter

I think he could be as good as Amare Stoudermire. He has that same build as him. I could really see J-Smoov and Al Horford in the frontcourt together

PG-Whoever we draft or sign
SG-Joe Johnson
SF-Marvin Williams
PF-Josh Smith
C-Al Forford
idizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 12:56 AM   #15
mateo31
Go ahead, make my day.

Yeah this guy is incredibly talented. It would be a great idea to take him at #3. It would be very very hard to pass up Conley, but this guy is a beast. At #11 the Hawks could take Acie Law, Rodney Stuckey (he's a big point guard from Eastern Washington and a great overall point guard), or Javaris Crittenton (PG from Georgia Tech he has the talent to be a good point guard).
mateo31 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: