Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum

D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum D-League Forum, Minor League and world international basketball forum

Old 06-19-2007, 02:34 PM   #1
HoopNightmare
I brick open layups

HoopNightmare has an OK reputation so far
Default the Tony Parker of the ASIA...

Jason Castro
NBA Position: Point guard
HT: 5’10
WT: 165
College Team: Philippine Christian University
Club Team: HARBOUR CENTRE BATANG PIER (PBL Philippines)
NBA Comparison: Tony Parker

Jason Castro is a cat like quick point guard who can get to the bucket and finish at will. He is a proven winner and his efficiency rating is second to none in the PBL.

MVP of the Philippine Basketball League Silver Cup 2006
MVP of PBL Unity Cup 2007
First Team Silver Cup ALL-PBL 2006
First Team Unity Cup ALL-PBL 2007
2006 SEABA Club championship (Jakarta Indonesia)
2006 PBL Silver Cup finalist
2007 PBL Unity Cup Champion
HoopNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 05:46 AM   #2
jerky10
Decent playground baller

jerky10 has not been impressing people
Default Re: the Tony Parker of the ASIA...

LOL. I can't even see him play in the PBA for a long time.
jerky10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 09:37 AM   #3
HoopNightmare
I brick open layups

You probably said the same thing about Willie Miller. Back to Back MVP!!! He's doing something right.
Old 06-20-2007, 02:27 PM   #4
HoopNightmare
I brick open layups

Jason Castro is PBL MVP
06/14/2007 | 04:33 PM

Jason Castro is the 2007 Philippine Basketball League's (PBL) Most Valuable Player.
Castro led in the players and media votes that was included in his 335.7 statistical points for a leading 490.77-point total.

Castro, a former Philippine Christian University (PCU) standout and NCAA MVP, bested Cebuana Lhuillier Pera Padala center Ken Bono who led in points but failed to gain the nod of his fellow players and those covering the league.

"I never thought I'd win this honor," said Castro who was congratulated by basketball great Caloy Loyzaga before Thursday's Game 3 of the PBL Unity Cup finals between Harbour Center and Cebuana Lhuillier Pera Padala.

Castro, also the league's 2006 MVP, and Bono led the Mythical first team composed of Moneymen forward Doug Kramer, Batang Pier guard Chico Lanete and Toyota Balintawak forward Dennis Daa.

Making up the second Mythical team were Burger King center JR Quinahan, Roadkings guard Ronjay Buenafe, Moneymen pointguard Macky Escalona, Batang Pier forward Richard Alonzo and Roadkings shooter Patrick Cabahug .

Other awards were given to the following: Moneymen coach Luigi Trillo was chosen as the Quotable coach; Kristoffer Robles of Henkel Sista as Academic All Star; Escalona as Fan Favorite; Lawrence Bonus of Sista as Quantum Leap; Jonas Villanueva of San Miguel Magnolia as True Gentleman; Josh Urbiztondo of Burger King as Defense Stopper; and Ryan Reyes of Sista as Fantastic Freshman. - GMANews.TV
Old 07-06-2007, 08:34 AM   #5
snipes12
Dirk Madness

snipes12 has not been impressing people

the guy is only 5'8 listed in pba mock draft.. good for local competition only ..
snipes12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 08:58 AM   #6
HoopNightmare
I brick open layups

It does not matter what his height is. He is a point guard and he doesn't need to be tall. Back to Back MVP speaks for itself. He will be succesful.
Old 07-07-2007, 01:54 PM   #7
HoopNightmare
I brick open layups

"5.Jason Castro ( Air 21)-

Name: Jason Castro
Height: 5’8
Weight: 170 lbs
DOB: 1986
School: Philippine Christina University
Team: Toyota Balintawak
Award: MVP of the ABC Tournament, PBL Mythical 5 member (2), (2) PBL Most Valuable Player.

The 2007 PBL MVP one of the best combo guard in the NCAA and PBL would be an excellent pick for the young and upcoming Air 21 Express with Winnie Arboleda on the backcourt this will be an excellent run and gun team. With Jason Castro and Chico Lanete producing numbers befitting their status and Ryan Arana providing the needed firepower, the Batang Pier etched their names in the history books when they overpowered Cebuana Lhuillier Pera Padala, 90-75 and completed a swept of the PBL Unity Cup at the Olivarez Sports Center.

PBL Stats

12.28 PPG
5.33 RPG
4.0 APG
1.6 SPG
23 MPG

Jason Castro move

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WknLiog7CuY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kLrEYaeyHw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3_6IEWruzk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RdHxUBCmgc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0FBQj2PNms

Source: http://www.ubelt.com/ub/uaap/mbb/player.aspx?id=183"

-Lebron 23
Old 07-17-2007, 03:54 AM   #8
theodip12
Can barely lace up my sneakers

theodip12 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoopNightmare
"5.Jason Castro ( Air 21)-

Name: Jason Castro
Height: 5’8
Weight: 170 lbs
DOB: 1986
School: Philippine Christina University
Team: Toyota Balintawak
Award: MVP of the ABC Tournament, PBL Mythical 5 member (2), (2) PBL Most Valuable Player.

The 2007 PBL MVP one of the best combo guard in the NCAA and PBL would be an excellent pick for the young and upcoming Air 21 Express with Winnie Arboleda on the backcourt this will be an excellent run and gun team. With Jason Castro and Chico Lanete producing numbers befitting their status and Ryan Arana providing the needed firepower, the Batang Pier etched their names in the history books when they overpowered Cebuana Lhuillier Pera Padala, 90-75 and completed a swept of the PBL Unity Cup at the Olivarez Sports Center.

PBL Stats

12.28 PPG
5.33 RPG
4.0 APG
1.6 SPG
23 MPG

Jason Castro move

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WknLiog7CuY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kLrEYaeyHw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3_6IEWruzk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RdHxUBCmgc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0FBQj2PNms

Source: http://www.ubelt.com/ub/uaap/mbb/player.aspx?id=183"

-Lebron 23

i think he neeeds more experience.. but he's a very quality player. good baller
theodip12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 09:07 PM   #9
Lebron23
GOAT Small Forward

Lebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

PBL star to stay amateur

WITH HIS athleticism and attitude, Jason Castro is certainly be a big catch in the pro league’s annual draft pick next month.

But the prolific Harbour Center guard passed up that rare opportunity yesterday after revealing his decision to play for the national team for one last time.

"Playing in the PBA is everybody’s dream but playing for flag and country is something you have to embrace and experience. Walang katulad ang maging member ng national team" said Castro. "I’m still young, so I decided to forego my plan of turning pro this year."

The soft-spoken Pampanga pride is being considered as one of the probable members of the Philippine team that will play, and hopefully restore the country’s pride in the SEA Games which is slated in Thailand this December.

Castro, who made a history in the PBL after winning back-to-back MVP titles, just turned 21 last month. He also played a key role in Harbour title-clinching win in the recent Unity Cup.

Castro’s decision was warmly welcomed by amateur basketball godfather and Harbour Center owner Mikee Romero.

"I’m glad Jason made that decision, at least we are assured of having one good guy in the team," said Romero. "That is a great sacrifice on his part because most of the big stars in the amateur ranks are all set to join the pro ranks."

Erick Arejola, tasked by Romero to supervise the ongoing tryouts for the RP team, also heaved a big sigh of relief and said: "With Jason around, we’re assured of at least one go-to-guy in the team."

Also one reason why he deferred his decision to turn pro is his plan to finish his studies at the Philippine Christian University where he’s taking up a business management course.

If given another chance, he also wants to play for the PCU Dolphins next season.

"I still want to play for PCU next year, " said Castro, who played for the Harbour-RP team in the SEABA Club Championship in Jakarta, Indonesia last April.

Meantime, RP team coach Junel Baculi was also overjoyed by Castro’s decision to stay in the amateur ranks for at least another year.

"I salute him for doing this patriotic act," said Baculi. "I hope others will follow."
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 09:53 PM   #10
HoopNightmare
I brick open layups

BRUNEI — Jason Castro produced a performance worthy of his MVP status but the Philippine training team still lost to import-powered LG Sakers of Korea, 87-102, in the Brunei Cup Monday at the National Indoor Stadium here.

After scoring only six points in their 89-79 win over Jordan All-Stars last Sunday, the PBL back-to-back MVP winner made his presence felt by coming through with a brilliant all-around show to lead the team with 19 points on an impressive 7-of-13 shooting.

But Castro’s effort went down the drain as LG’s imports Odartey Blackson and Calvin Warner imposed their will in the second quarter to take the fight out of the RP training squad.

Castro, who also had three rebounds and an assist, gave the RP training team a 40-37 advantage when he completed a three-point following a gutsy drive in front Warner, a play the drew thunderous applause from the pre-dominantly Filipino crowd.

But it proved to be their last taste of the lead as the Sakers came through with an avalanche of baskets through the efforts of Blackson and Warner.

The two imports combined for 53 points with Warner, exploiting his size advantage to the hilt, topscoring for the Sakers with 32 points.

The win was the second straight for the Sakers while the Harbour Centre-backed RP training team fell to 1-1, the same record of PBA’s Sta. Lucia which absorbed a 67-82 loss to Darwin All-Stars last Sunday.

RP coach Junel Baculi offered no excuses for the defeat, saying: "We lost to a better team. Their imports outplayed and outscored us."

Still, Baculi was pleased with how his boys persevered in carrying out their mission, especially the way they mixed up their defensive coverages on two imports.

"The players defended well and hustled at every opportunity but their imports were simply too hot to handle," said RP team manager Erick Arejola. "But it’s not yet over for us, we hope we can do better next time."

The training team’s defeat exposed the need for tall and athletic big men when the country defends its title in the SEA Games this December in Thailand.

Former pro Allan Salangsang, who topscored for RP the last time with 24 points, was held to just 10 points after being shadowed by Blackson most of the time.

Last edited by HoopNightmare : 08-28-2007 at 09:55 PM.
Old 08-29-2007, 09:03 PM   #11
dab0yech0
3 Ball like Piatkowski

dab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation here

Lol I had an offer to play in the Phillipines but I decided to just go to college here and get a degree instead... Anyone here ever heard of the league called Pac Rim? Its in the Los Angeles area and they are always scouting guys to go to the PBL
dab0yech0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 10:35 PM   #12
jesronne
I airball my layups

jesronne has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by dab0yech0
Lol I had an offer to play in the Phillipines but I decided to just go to college here and get a degree instead... Anyone here ever heard of the league called Pac Rim? Its in the Los Angeles area and they are always scouting guys to go to the PBL

give me ur name paps??? are u a filipino???
jesronne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 08:06 PM   #13
HoopNightmare
I brick open layups

SINGAPORE — If an offer comes his way and the pay is good, Jason Castro, the high-leaping guard of the Philippine team, may play for a professional Singapore team in favor of a PBA career.

The back-to-back PBL MVP winner might be playing for the Singapore Slingers, one of the teams in the National Basketball League (NBL) Hummer Championship in Australia.

Castro caught the fancy of one of the officials of the Slingers after helping the SEA Games-bound RP team to an impressive 100-93 win over the taller and heftier pro squad.

In that game, the 5-foot-10 Castro awed his defenders and dazzled the crowd with his explosive moves. He scored 16 points, five assists and three steals against the Slingers.

"May lumapit sa akin from the Slingers and he informed me na they’re looking for Filipinos to play for the team," Castro said.

"Kung maganda ang offer, baka subukan ko, pero sana may kasama ako para di malungkot," said Castro.

Businessman Paul Monozca, one of the leaders of the Filipino community here, said the Singapore Slingers management wants the organization more attractive to some 120,000 Filipino workers.

"But I told them, that if they want to gain the attention of Filipinos here, they need to get at least three Filipinos (to play for the team)," Monozca said.

Mikee Romero, who owns Harbour Centre — Castro’s team in the PBL — said he won’t stand in the way if Castro would be given the chance to play in the NBL, Australia’s version of the PBA.

"I’ll be happy if one of my boys would be given the chance to play in the Australian league. Malay natin, baka iyan ang maging tulay niya na makalaro sa NBA," Romero said.
Old 11-15-2007, 08:07 PM   #14
HoopNightmare
I brick open layups

SINGAPORE – If the price is right, RP team standout Jason Castro could be heading to a more lucrative stint in Australia next year and not to the PBA.

This after the 5-foot-10 Castro caught the fancy of one of the officials of the Singapore Slingers after helping the SEA Games-bound RP team to a come-from-behind 100-93 win Tuesday here.

“Someone from the Slingers approached me and told me they’re looking for Filipinos to play for the team, he seemed interested in getting me,” said Castro in Filipino.

“If the offer is good I might try it but I hope I’ll be with some Filipinos so that I won’t get lonely,” Castro said.

The Singapore Slingers are campaigning in the Australia-based National Basketball League Hummer Championship.

The spitfirish Castro, who deferred plans to join the PBA draft to join the RP team in next month’s SEA Games in Thailand, impressed the Slingers with his lightning-quick moves and steady shooting.

He finished with 16 points, five assists, three steals and the same number of rebounds in 31 minutes of action.

Harbour Centre team owner and amateur basketball godfather Mikee Romero said he would not stand in Castro’s way if he would choose to play in the NBL, Australia’s version of the PBA.

“I’ll be more than happy and proud that one of my boys would be given that golden chance to see action in the Australian League,” said Romero. “And if things work out well, it could be a way for him to play in the NBA.”

The Slingers are just into their second season in the 13-team NBL and have made progress in their campaign in the Hummer Championship. – Joey Villar
Old 05-08-2012, 06:55 PM   #15
Lebron23
GOAT Small Forward

Lebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

He might win his first PBA MVP this year.
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: