Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Denver Nuggets Forum

Denver Nuggets Forum Denver Nuggets forum - Denver Nuggets message board

Old 07-10-2006, 11:37 AM   #1
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

Default can you guys describe Kenyon Martin's game as a nugget?

in NJ he was an enforcer on defense, a fierce rebounder, runs the floor whenever he has a chance to finish on the wings, can hit the midrange J (though without any real consistency), and though he has a limited post game, he had bee nworking on it in his last season in NJ he worked on his baby hook.

how has he atrophied in DEnver?
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 05:44 PM   #2
milehi
Can barely lace up my sneakers

He hasn't been the same after the knee surgery, but I think a lot of it is probably motivation as well. When he gets fired up and wants to play, he is still a dominating force. I think he'd be pretty productive somewhere else, but he just doesn't want to show up here anymore. Jason Kidd definitely brought out the best in him, but Andre Miller is a little too deliberate and doesn't throw that oop as nice. When he's hungry, he can be still be unstoppable, like that 34 points he had against the Mavericks or the 28-12 game he had against Detroit.

His knee might feel a whole lot better in a place where he wants to be.
milehi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 07:45 AM   #3
douglaspuckett12

He should get down and praise Jason Kidd for all the money Kidd made him.

He runs the floor well, but has no offensive game whatsoever. He also has found out that he can't bully the real PF out in the west like he did in the east.
Now you have this guy with a bad knee aswell, called Denver is stuck for about 4 more years with a 15mill player that won't even start for them anymore.
douglaspuckett12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 10:23 AM   #4
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

Default re:

back in the NJ days, i remember how Martin would consistently own guys like Antoine Walker and Kurt Thomas on a continuous basis.
Old 07-11-2006, 11:12 AM   #5
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

Default re:

Kenyon MArtin must bow down to this:

Old 07-11-2006, 12:18 PM   #6
dmenzion
I hit open layups

Martin just has no motivation wut so ever!
he needs to come to a different place and play hed b so much better, he was a beast in NJ...i say they swap in Philly, C-Webb for K-Mart
dmenzion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 09:56 AM   #7
douglaspuckett12

I hate both C-Webb and Martin, and philly and denver are my two fav. teams
douglaspuckett12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 11:26 PM   #8
Ben mc
I brick open layups

K-Mart gives me some serious grief.
He is an Animal if hes on his game, but unfortunately for denver it will take some serious divine intervention for him to find the form that made him a beast for NJ.

as hard as it is to accept it, kenyon has to go because denver just dosnt seem to have the right fit for him - mind you, its gunnu suck when he rips us to shreds in the comfort of a new franchise.
Ben mc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 05:04 PM   #9
Benjithonious

I think I might be the only Nuggets fan that thinks K-Mart is still a good fit here in Denver. I love the guy, when he's healthy. I think he just had a really tough season because of the lingering problems with his knee. I mean, it seems like the guy runs on pride, and nothing can serve up a hot slice of humble pie like watching from the bench while your team is winning games without you. He wants to be a leader, that's obvious. Just watch him hype up our other bigs when they make a play.

Also, do you remember our incredible run during the second half of the '04-'05 season? Kenyon was healthy and he played great! He's the very definition of a big man who likes to run the floor, so why wouldn't he still be a perfect fit for the Nugget's run and gun offense? Also, I kind of like his showmanship (arrogants) when he's playing well enough to back it up.

I hope that Kenyon gets healthy and that he and the Nugs can work it out, because he's still a perfect fit for the Nugs' game plan.
Benjithonious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 05:12 PM   #10
bigboi_baller
NBA rookie of the year

I think martin's problem is simple: he has a hard time breathing in denver. He looses sleep because of his hard time breathing and that makes him very cranky and irritatible. That along with the fact that oxygen doesnt reach his brain causes all the incidents. He gets hurt because his body isn't healthy because he can't sleep and oxygen never reaches his muscles. It's very simple, the poor guy needs to move to a lower elevation. KMart to sacramento for Bonzi!!!!!
bigboi_baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 02:57 PM   #11
bigboi_baller
NBA rookie of the year

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboi_baller
I think martin's problem is simple: he has a hard time breathing in denver. He looses sleep because of his hard time breathing and that makes him very cranky and irritatible. That along with the fact that oxygen doesnt reach his brain causes all the incidents. He gets hurt because his body isn't healthy because he can't sleep and oxygen never reaches his muscles. It's very simple, the poor guy needs to move to a lower elevation. KMart to sacramento for Bonzi!!!!!
Im dying to get a reaction to this, someone respond!
Old 08-09-2006, 06:10 PM   #12
kobedaman24
its ours nxt year LA09

K-Mart's an indescribable player on the nuggets. he used to be better on the nets. no question. i dont know why he gave up all that for the nuggets, who arent ok with him right now either.
kobedaman24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 06:11 PM   #13
nuggetsoftruth

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboi_baller

He must have had a pocket sized oxygen generator every 1 out of 7games, because in the games he was on he had absolutely no problem on one leg and low oxygen. He's gonna have a hard time recovering from any injury in this altitude, but it's only another challenge any dedicated athlete should be able to overcome.
nuggetsoftruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 07:00 PM   #14
bigboi_baller
NBA rookie of the year

i was joking with my last post about the air, but know that i think of it, it would kind of make sense about oxygen and injuries
Old 08-15-2006, 05:46 AM   #15
Y2Gezee
Troll spotting pro

I think he's been underrated in Denver. He's been an enforcer here, they can't play good team D without him for the most part. His first year before the surgery in what was a low minute year for him he scored his same average on a career high fg%, got 7 boards playing next to Camby (Its not wise to expect 2 10 board a game guys). I don't necessarily see too much of a problem with his numbers, considering his minutes and that he's been dealing with this knee since the year before he got here and put off surgery til last summer, and played when he shouldn't have been.

They've got too many options for him to score too many pts. Like I said he's been shooting at career highs for fg%, so its not like he just cant score. I think with more minutes and better health both scoring and rebounding would definately increase. I hope he stays in Denver, as I see many reasons they need him. But if he does get moved, I hope its to a good team.
Y2Gezee is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: