Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 06-25-2007, 01:53 PM   #1
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool
Default Subway vs Quiznos

which is better?

Taste:

Subway has a variety of meats and condiments. THey are dabbling with new hot sandwiches and toasted varieties. But Quizno's has more flavored meats and more varied sauces and condiments

Quiznos

Price:

Subway offers half subs as low as $3.19. their Sub of the Day deal lowers it even further to $2.59. a "regular" sub at Quizno's is about $5-6.

Subway

Size:

Subway is now dealing with Double Meat and "Super Stuffed" varieties of their subs for an extra (hefty) charge. Looks big though. Quizno's has always naturally put a lot of good stuff in their products.

Even

Health Content

Subway sandwiches when made incorrectly (such as extra cheese meatball sub or no veggies and jack it full of mayo and cheese) can still be unhealthy. but in general, make it properly and you have a low calorie, low fat filling meal. Quizno's is all flavor, all sauce, all fat.

Subway

Overall:

Subway in a very close match. My desire for staying fit and keeping my wallet full is what gives Subway the edge. but I do concede Quizno's tastes infinitely better
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 01:56 PM   #2
Enigmatism
Raving Lunatic

Enigmatism has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Subway vs Quiznos

I've have been to Quizno's a couple of times, but I can't deal with them anymore. The last time I went for lunch at like 11:30 or 12:00 and it ran through me by 5:00... I'm not going through that !@#$ again for no Honey Bourbon Chicken sammich

Last edited by Enigmatism : 06-25-2007 at 01:58 PM.
Enigmatism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 01:57 PM   #3
Wadeisabeast
I hate mondays

Wadeisabeast has an OK reputation so far

I've had Quizno's 2-3 times, and I don't think I'm ever going back. Very expensive and not one of them has been good.
Wadeisabeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 01:59 PM   #4
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

For me it's just about price (Subway) vs taste (Quiznos). Not that Subway is bad but Quiznos definitely has better tasting subs. Depends on whether I feel like spending $8 or $6 (for good 12" subs).

One big plus for Quiznos is that they always seem to send out some good coupons. Simple "buy one get another of equal or lesser value" free coupons with no BS where you have to buy it in a combo or something.

I don't eat fast food very often so the health issues to me aren't very important. I'll eat these maybe once a month or so.

I'll go with Quiznos + coupons.
Qwyjibo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 02:01 PM   #5
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

here is my take. Quiznos meat items tend to be better, but they cost way too much and there is less availability of veggie options. I like subway better cause its cheaper and I can get a sandwich with spinach, jalepenos, bell peppers, olives, and cucumbers ( I hate iceberg lettuce and shoddy tomato slices, etc).

Also, I can eat at subway and still maintain (or regain) my svelte girlish figure.
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 02:03 PM   #6
Enigmatism
Raving Lunatic

Plus, I think they (Quizno's) make me sick cuz they are really made out of these:
Old 06-25-2007, 02:33 PM   #7
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool

the fact that Quizno's REFUSES to release their nutritional content and most things I've eaten there before just taste too good.. I think it is a safe bet their products are as unhealthy as a burger joint's
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 02:45 PM   #8
SupermanOnSteroids
Local High School Star

SupermanOnSteroids has an OK reputation so far

Potbelly
SupermanOnSteroids is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 02:51 PM   #9
BradMiller52
Kings fan

BradMiller52 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigmatism
I've have been to Quizno's a couple of times, but I can't deal with them anymore. The last time I went for lunch at like 11:30 or 12:00 and it ran through me by 5:00... I'm not going through that !@#$ again for no Honey Bourbon Chicken sammich

+1!!!
BradMiller52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 03:59 PM   #10
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

HaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputationHaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputation

Fire House subs murks them both.
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 04:14 PM   #11
Skyscraper
Local High School Star

Skyscraper is considered somewhat coolSkyscraper is considered somewhat coolSkyscraper is considered somewhat cool

Subway all the way. who cares about gourmet sandwiches? i want deli style old fashioned ham and turkey sandwcihes
Skyscraper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 04:17 PM   #12
Enigmatism
Raving Lunatic

you misspelled sammich
Old 06-25-2007, 04:20 PM   #13
reppy
Apparently likes anime

reppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation here

I like Quizno's French Dip.
reppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 04:22 PM   #14
jbot
Future D1 Dad

jbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

neither. both places are way too expensive to be paying for a bread sandwich.
jbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 04:26 PM   #15
Ballastic
<////////////}~

Ballastic has an OK reputation so far

I was reading this thread earlier this morning so I went out and picked up a sandwich from Quizno's. I eat at Subway all the time and seldom eat at Quizno's, so I thought I would give it a go. I ordered a regular sized prime rib cheesesteak with chips, drink and a cup of clam chowder. The sandwich was horrible, there was no flavor and I dont even feel full, luckily I had the jalapeno chips with the meal which made it somewhat better. The clam chowder wasnt all that great either. Total bill came out to $12.55.
Ballastic is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: