Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Charlotte Hornets Forum

Charlotte Hornets Forum Charlotte Hornets message board forum

Old 06-27-2007, 11:11 AM   #1
TarHeelBorn
Local High School Star

TarHeelBorn has an OK reputation so far
Default News coming today

"Charlotte is telling teams that they'll make a decision sometime today on what to do with the No. 8 pick. As we discussed on Monday, they have been shopping this pick hard for the past several weeks and collected five to six legitimate offers for the pick.

Andy Katz reported last night that the Suns were one of the teams in the mix to get No. 8. That explains why they had Joakim Noah, Corey Brewer and Jeff Green in on Tuesday. And why they'll get Brandan Wright and Al Thornton in today.

However, sources say they are not the front runners to get the pick. Several other teams are offering better deals for No. 8, including the Sixers (offering No. 12 and No. 21), Warriors (offering Monta Ellis and No. 18), Grizzlies (???) and one mystery team that the source refused to disclose."

I hate the Sixers deal. I guess we want to take Nick Young at 12 and then have 21 & 22 for who knows what (trades?).

Monta Ellis and 18 doesnt look bad. Ellis could be a decent scorer and he's still young. The 18 could be used for Sean Williams but the Knicks might be moving up to get him; but they are also trying to deal with the Warriors to get him at 18.

Who knows what the Grizzlies are wanting to deal but unless it involves Gasol or maybe Mike Miller, I'd say no.

My wishful thinking on the mystery team is Denver for Marcus Camby. That's about it ... pretty much, unless its a very quality center or a good scorer, it's not worth it.
TarHeelBorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 09:32 PM   #2
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Timmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: News coming today

The mystery team could mean anything. It could mean a sign-and-trade with GW to anybody like the Sonics for Rashard Lewis, the Nets for RJ or VC. Lots of options.

Like you said. The only way I'd deal with the Grizz is if we work something out for Gasol. Especially if Amare Stoudemire goes to Atlanta. If that deal happens and we get squat, we're screwed this year.
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 10:38 PM   #3
TarHeelBorn
Local High School Star

TarHeelBorn has an OK reputation so far

Ya, no kidding. We are screwed if they get Amare ... BUT I dont think it will happen. Pheonix has ATL's first round pick next year, so why would they want to make ATL better?

Also, the word from ESPN is that the Suns don't want to trade Amare. All of the talk about that 3-way trade that had Amare with the Haws was between Minnesota and Atlanta; Pheonix wasn't involved. Their goal is to trade Marion for a top 10 pick but I don't think they will get it unless Marion agrees to sign with whoever gets him in a trade.

Tomorrow at 7:30ish Atlanta will lose a ton of value no matter who they take 3rd, let's just hope they can't get rid of the pick before then.
TarHeelBorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 12:36 AM   #4
liverpooty
Local High School Star

liverpooty is a pretty well-respected posterliverpooty is a pretty well-respected posterliverpooty is a pretty well-respected poster

If we could get Eliis and the 18th pick for the 8th that would be unbelievable. What a great trade that would be.
liverpooty is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: