Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Minnesota Timberwolves Forum

Minnesota Timberwolves Forum Minnesota Timberwolves forum - Minnesota T-Wolves message board

Old 06-27-2007, 04:13 PM   #1
myzt52
Can barely lace up my sneakers

myzt52 has an OK reputation so far
Default Minnesota Gators?

According to the Newest trade rumors on ESPN.com, Minnesota is trying to acquire Atlanta's 3rd and 11th pick for KG. In a 3-way trade, KG would go to Phoenix, Amare would go to Atlanta, and Minnesota would get Atlanta's 3rd and 11th pick. http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2917781

Now contemplate this...With the 3rd pick in the draft, Minnesota selects Al Horford. With the 7th pick in the Draft, Minnesota selects Corey Brewer. With the 11th Pick in the Draft, Minnesota selects Joakim Noah. With the 41st pick in the draft, Minnesota selects Taureen Green. Minnesota signs undrafted Chris Richards and Lee Humphrey.

Minnesota would gain instant success, with 4 (or maybe 6) players that have played, grown up, and developed chemistry together (not to mention that have won back to back NCAA championships) for the past three years. With Minnesota needing help at virtually every position, how can they go wrong? Now, what do you think of this scenario if it were to happen?

If only Billy D wasn't banned from the league for 5 years...

Last edited by myzt52 : 06-27-2007 at 04:16 PM.
myzt52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 05:22 PM   #2
TarHeelBorn
Local High School Star

TarHeelBorn has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Minnesota Gators?

I don't understand why the T-Wolves would be willing to give up KG for so little in return. Draft picks often bust and KG has much more value than 2 lottery picks, even if the Hawks throw in Josh Smith or Marvin Williams.

The T-Wolves should keep Garnett for a few more months then trade him for a 3-4 year veteran who is a stud in a 1 for 1 trade. I have no idea who that stud is but its just a good experience range in my opinion since they already have had time to adjust to the NBA and the player is past just being 'potential' - he either is or isn't. Good choice would be Chris Bosh, for example; I just don't think Toronto would part with him.
TarHeelBorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 05:28 PM   #3
myzt52

myzt52 has an OK reputation so far

The reason it wouldn't make sense for Minnesota to make a 1 for 1 trade for another veteran is because they don't have the pieces to make a championship run. They might as well start from scratch and rebuild with young guys. If they get another veteran, by the time the team has quality players around him he'll be too old to play. It makes more sense for them to trade for several young players and build around them.
myzt52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 11:18 PM   #4
TarHeelBorn
Local High School Star

TarHeelBorn has an OK reputation so far

Hey, you got 2 of 'em.
TarHeelBorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 05:12 PM   #5
kgtrendsetter21

kgtrendsetter21 has an OK reputation so far

Yeah, I'm still kind of scratching my head with the Chris Richard pick. We don't need anymore niche big men who can survive based on intensity like Craig Smith. Richard is undersized, survives on rebounding, but isn't a shotblocker or supremely athletic. Even though we had Brewer, we passed on Derrick Byars who was a Top25 pick. He would have given the Wolves huge size in the backcourt/frontcourt...
kgtrendsetter21 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: