Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 06-28-2007, 09:27 PM   #1
Pombal
Banned

Default Joakim Noah

Hawes avaiable..

But we took Noah
Pombal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 09:46 PM   #2
lurch67
Caution: Adult Content

Default Re: Joakim Noah

That guy makes me want to vomit... How long till he cries that hes not getting enough playing time. This guy has had a silver spoon all his life. Did anyone notice his face when Brewer got picked ahead of him. The bulls dont need this Prima-Dona on this club. God help us in round 2.
lurch67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 11:17 PM   #3
lurch67
Caution: Adult Content

Do we put Noah on Curry or Randolph when we play New York? I feel sick...And it's lovely to see Detroit loading up on more big physical sgs.
lurch67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 11:37 PM   #4
trig
Decent college freshman

Give the guy a chance. have faith on pax. but damn bulls almost got brandan....
trig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 12:28 AM   #5
Bulls_Fan20
Local High School Star

Post Re: Joakim Noah

The only reason I'm any kind of OK with this is because he fits the kind of player that Skiles wanted. We still won't be able to score, but if Noah and TT can become decent scorers in a few years, that will be all we need.

BTW, too bad Chris Richard was taken by the T-Wolves. He and Noah would've played well together.

Is it just me or is every player that would be good on our team getting drafted before us?

Last edited by Bulls_Fan20 : 06-29-2007 at 12:56 AM.
Bulls_Fan20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 12:32 AM   #6
Crazy Style
Bulls official mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by trig
Give the guy a chance. have faith on pax. but damn bulls almost got brandan....

We almost got B. Wright, but I think the Bulls would have stayed with Noah any way since on FSN they pretty much only talked about him. I personally would have probably selected Hawes do to his low post skills. Oh well, we'll have to see how things end up. I do think the Bulls are in better shape than they were before though.
Crazy Style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 12:42 AM   #7
Bulls_Fan20
Local High School Star

Post Re: Joakim Noah

I think Noah will have a better first season than Hawes, and he will definitely be more effective on the court. As much as it will pain me to look at him game in and game out, I can't find any way to be upset about this. Brandan Wright would have made me happier, but since I've been preparing for Noah all week, so I'm ok with it.
Bulls_Fan20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 12:50 AM   #8
MustangDoug
Can barely lace up my sneakers

I like the pick of Noah. He plays really hard. Doesn't matter if he got Hawes or anyone else at that pick. We would of needed a trade for a post player to help out next season anyways. Hawes would not of been the final piece to the puzzle.
MustangDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 01:46 AM   #9
spin57
I brick open layups

very good pick Noah will be the replacement for Big Ben in a couple years also nice pick with Gray(,nice back up ) but wish we would of got Strawberry with last pick he`s 6`5 still good draft need to sign a good free agent.
spin57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 02:05 AM   #10
KaptnKirk12
High School Varsity 12th Man

Seeing Noah in a Bulls jersey is going to make me sick. How can you pass up on a player that fits the needs of the team - we needed a solid offensive post player, Hawes was there and we don't pick him up? Where is the logic in that?

Second round was pretty good though, we got Aaron Gray who kind of fills the role of a post player although he really isn't that good.

Getting JamesOn Curry isn't a terrible pick, I am happy with it, but I wish we would have got DJ Strawberry - he is a little taller and is a better defensive player than JamesOn, although Curry can flat out shoot the ball. Looks like we will have a Ben Gordon who can pass the ball.
KaptnKirk12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 02:11 AM   #11
hutcht02
Mr. Basketball

Quote:
Originally Posted by spin57
very good pick Noah will be the replacement for Big Ben in a couple years also nice pick with Gray(,nice back up ) but wish we would of got Strawberry with last pick he`s 6`5 still good draft need to sign a good free agent.

Noah will never replace Big Ben. He has heart but he will never have the body it takes to be the type of player Big Ben is in the NBA. Noah, I doubt, will even ever be a center in the NBA. He's too thin and doesn't guard the post well enough to be respected as a 5.
hutcht02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 02:13 AM   #12
AirGordon7
Decent playground baller

Hawes is not what we need if he was then Pax wouldve got him. Noah can contribute right away and will help us win games.
AirGordon7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 02:17 AM   #13
KaptnKirk12
High School Varsity 12th Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGordon7
Hawes is not what we need if he was then Pax wouldve got him. Noah can contribute right away and will help us win games.

Who said Pax did the right thing by getting Noah? And Noah can not contribute the way the Bulls need a big man to contribute - they need a big man who can score. Hawes was the big guy that could score who was on the board when we were picking. This is one of those moments -
KaptnKirk12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 02:20 AM   #14
AirGordon7
Decent playground baller

The guy hasnt even played a game yet and we can still trade for a big man.

Hawes isnt a good fit on the bulls anyways
Old 06-29-2007, 02:22 AM   #15
AirGordon7
Decent playground baller

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaptnKirk12
Who said Pax did the right thing by getting Noah? And Noah can not contribute the way the Bulls need a big man to contribute - they need a big man who can score. Hawes was the big guy that could score who was on the board when we were picking. This is one of those moments -

Pax has seen both these guys during workouts so if he likes Noah better then im with him.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: