Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 07-03-2007, 06:26 PM   #1
bullzballboy
I hit open layups

bullzballboy has an OK reputation so far
Default In todays DailySouthtown Jim Kurotsuchi says SF- Deng's position easiest to replace

: :
bullzballboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 06:33 PM   #2
lurch67
Caution: Adult Content

lurch67 has decent reputation
Default Re: In todays DailySouthtown Jim Kurotsuchi says SF- Deng's position easiest to replace

Replace him with what? Pax isnt going to spend that kind of money this FA year. Next year, the FA Market will be FULL of big time, marquee players. So please explain to us all then how do you trade a SF for a SF and improve with out giving up another key player on the team? Did you idolize Isiah Thomas as a kid?
lurch67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 06:58 PM   #3
ConanRulesNBC
Very good NBA starter

ConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this board
Default Re: In todays DailySouthtown Jim Kurotsuchi says SF- Deng's position easiest to replace

It's not easy to replace a 6' 9" player who has the potential that Deng has. Deng is going to lead this team in scoring next season. I'm calling it right now. He'll average 20 PPG this season and will make the all-star team.
ConanRulesNBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 07:10 PM   #4
bullzballboy
I hit open layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConanRulesNBC
It's not easy to replace a 6' 9" player who has the potential that Deng has. Deng is going to lead this team in scoring next season. I'm calling it right now. He'll average 20 PPG this season and will make the all-star team.

so what? he'll make the allstar team? so what if he leads the team in scoring. who cares. gordon led them in scoring this year and he's on the trading block every week. last i checked, the goal here is to win championships. the bulls need a GOOD player to score down low to do that .not some 9 pt. 8 rebound hack. the BEST way to get that valuable comodity is to trade the one position where you have depth- SF. noce starting will avg. 17 with 8 boards. not bad and not much worse than deng. imagine gordon, hinrich, wallace, noce, a PF who can score on the block with thomas and sefolosha off the bench. we will win it all with that lineup
Old 07-03-2007, 07:14 PM   #5
bullzballboy
I hit open layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurch67
Replace him with what? Pax isnt going to spend that kind of money this FA year. Next year, the FA Market will be FULL of big time, marquee players. So please explain to us all then how do you trade a SF for a SF and improve with out giving up another key player on the team? Did you idolize Isiah Thomas as a kid?

not a FA. make a trade for a PF knucklehead. deng for a PF. do i need to put that in bold and caps for you? Again. GET A GOOD PF FOR DENG.
Old 07-03-2007, 07:48 PM   #6
Tyquan1987
I airball my layups

Tyquan1987 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: In todays DailySouthtown Jim Kurotsuchi says SF- Deng's position easiest to repla

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullzballboy
not a FA. make a trade for a PF knucklehead. deng for a PF. do i need to put that in bold and caps for you? Again. GET A GOOD PF FOR DENG.

No.....I'd rather keep Deng, wait a year, and pick up Garnett in FA.
Tyquan1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 07:59 PM   #7
beau_boy04
Local High School Star

beau_boy04 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
: :

alright lakers boi
beau_boy04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 08:16 PM   #8
lurch67

Quote:
ok knucklehead, in your own posting, a SF position is the easiest to replace. Read between the lines that means there is a surpluss of them. If that is the case, that means his value is lowered. Its basic supply and demand. If you think for one iota of a second supply and demand has no effect on basketball, you are a moron. Basketball is a buisness. Being a buisness, why would the Chicago Bulls pay Nocioni to play SF at a lower level of play than Luol Deng who by the way is cheaper than what the Bulls would have to pay Noc. If no trades are made by the Bulls and we do resign Noc, then have Noc start at PF! Hes better at PF than he is than at SF. And that is why his value of trade is higher!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Because he can be a great sixth man some where else filling in the 3 & 4 spot. Hes not really good enough to start, but a good option off the bench. Chicago cant utilize this because we are a team full of versitile hy-brid position sixth man types.
Old 07-03-2007, 08:51 PM   #9
bullzballboy
I hit open layups

Quote:
ok knucklehead, in your own posting, a SF position is the easiest to replace. Read between the lines that means there is a surpluss of them. If that is the case, that means his value is lowered. Its basic supply and demand. If you think for one iota of a second supply and demand has no effect on basketball, you are a moron. Basketball is a buisness. Being a buisness, why would the Chicago Bulls pay Nocioni to play SF at a lower level of play than Luol Deng who by the way is cheaper than what the Bulls would have to pay Noc. If no trades are made by the Bulls and we do resign Noc, then have Noc start at PF! Hes better at PF than he is than at SF. And that is why his value of trade is higher!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Because he can be a great sixth man some where else filling in the 3 & 4 spot. Hes not really good enough to start, but a good option off the bench. Chicago cant utilize this because we are a team full of versitile hy-brid position sixth man types.

your stupid supply and demand analogy would be great except for the fact that it assumes that because there are more good SF's than PF's out there that deng's value is automatically lessened. what your dumb theory fails to consider is that deng is still our most valuable trade commodity where there is a good backup waiting. so even if there are 10 SF's who are better than deng in the league (which there probably aren't) that leaves alot of other teams that may be interested in bettering themselves by trading for our most valuable player. a marketable player is a marketable player and we would definitely get more (a PF) for deng in a trade than any other player on the roster. noce is 6'7 and shoots 3's and he's a PF? i don't think so loverboy. also, you said noce is a 6th man but claim his trade value is higher than deng, a starter and your love-interest? whatever. there is no way noce's trade value is higher than deng's.
surpluss? buisness? hy-brid? you ARE a knucklehead. you should be studying the dictionary instead of posting about your boyfriend deng.
Old 07-03-2007, 09:01 PM   #10
KaptnKirk12
High School Varsity 12th Man

KaptnKirk12 has an OK reputation so far

Do you not understand the team management? They are saying he is untouchable. Wait let me put that in caps for you - U N T O U C H A B L E.

The Bulls do need a low post scorer, but they want Deng to be part of the team, and I agree with them. He improved from being a role player to being one of the top SF's in the NBA in a year - why would you waste that when he could possibly become even better this next season?

I say they resign Nocioni - which they are wanting to.

See if they can possibly get a 15 pts/10 reb a night player with Nocioni, Duhon and a possible draft pick. If they can't then wait till next year or try to get something done in the season.
KaptnKirk12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 09:05 PM   #11
bullzballboy
I hit open layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaptnKirk12
Do you not understand the team management? They are saying he is untouchable. Wait let me put that in caps for you - U N T O U C H A B L E.

The Bulls do need a low post scorer, but they want Deng to be part of the team, and I agree with them. He improved from being a role player to being one of the top SF's in the NBA in a year - why would you waste that when he could possibly become even better this next season?

I say they resign Nocioni - which they are wanting to.

See if they can possibly get a 15 pts/10 reb a night player with Nocioni, Duhon and a possible draft pick. If they can't then wait till next year or try to get something done in the season.

i respectfully disagree obviously. my whole point is that he should not be UNTOUCHABLE. i know what management says.
Old 07-03-2007, 09:13 PM   #12
KaptnKirk12
High School Varsity 12th Man

KaptnKirk12 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
i respectfully disagree obviously. my whole point is that he should not be UNTOUCHABLE. i know what management says.

And thankfully you are not in charge.
KaptnKirk12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 09:24 PM   #13
bullzballboy
I hit open layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaptnKirk12
And thankfully you are not in charge.

actually i am. i am jerry reinsdorf.
Old 07-03-2007, 09:25 PM   #14
lurch67

Quote:
your stupid supply and demand analogy would be great except for the fact that it assumes that because there are more good SF's than PF's out there that deng's value is automatically lessened. what your dumb theory fails to consider is that deng is still our most valuable trade commodity where there is a good backup waiting. so even if there are 10 SF's who are better than deng in the league (which there probably aren't) that leaves alot of other teams that may be interested in bettering themselves by trading for our most valuable player. a marketable player is a marketable player and we would definitely get more (a PF) for deng in a trade than any other player on the roster. noce is 6'7 and shoots 3's and he's a PF? i don't think so loverboy. also, you said noce is a 6th man but claim his trade value is higher than deng, a starter and your love-interest? whatever. there is no way noce's trade value is higher than deng's.
surpluss? buisness? hy-brid? you ARE a knucklehead. you should be studying the dictionary instead of posting about your boyfriend deng.
When the staring center is 6'9", yeah, 6'7" can make a PF. And thank you for stating that hes a good back up. thats the whole point. A BACKUP. Not STARTER. If you did trade deng for a good PF, who would be the backup SF? A team is only as good as the bench numb nuts.
Old 07-03-2007, 09:32 PM   #15
bullzballboy
I hit open layups

Quote:
When the staring center is 6'9", yeah, 6'7" can make a PF. And thank you for stating that hes a good back up. thats the whole point. A BACKUP. Not STARTER. If you did trade deng for a good PF, who would be the backup SF? A team is only as good as the bench numb nuts.

backup in the sense that he's waiting in the wings to start. not because he's not good enough to start. he is good enough to start and has started tons of games nimrod. "a team is only as good as its bench"- you obviously pulled this one out of your a*** . so screw the starters and only worry about your bench. makes sense. shouldn't you be studying the dictionary?
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: