Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 07-09-2007, 08:16 AM   #1
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Going to the movies

Do you like going by yourself?
If you do go by yourself what times do you go?
If you dont go by yourself what do you think about people who do?
Do you need to be going with someone/group of people?
If you go to the movies with someone it has to be the opposite sex?
What do you think of males going to the movies together?

Last movie you saw?
How was it?

Next movie you're gonna see?
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 08:33 AM   #2
Richie2k6
Smooth Like Butter

Richie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Going to the movies

Quote:
Sometimes. Usually have a friend though.
Quote:
Afternoon - early evening.
Quote:
I think there's nothing wrong with'em. I sometimes like to kick back, grab some spare cash and go see a relaxing movie. :)
Quote:
Nah.
Quote:
Male or female, doesn't matter.
Quote:
If you're friends then it's cool but if you're homosexual, well, that's your perogative.
Quote:
Last movie you saw?
Spiderman 3. Didn't like it as much as the first two.
Quote:
*Sigh* I guess Transformers. Everybody's talking about how it's so cool and everything... I feel as though it's overrated. They remade a movie about a cartoon series. Just seems childish to me. "Transformers", like come on.
Richie2k6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 09:51 AM   #3
D-Wade
Great college starter

D-Wade has an OK reputation so far

Quote:

I have only been to the movies on my own 4 times. One time was when i went down Florida to meet a pal and i get there early, there was a theatre right there. Other times, thay want to go see one movie but i want to go see another so just go in alone.

Quote:

8pm-10pm

Quote:

Depends why thay go on there on.

Quote:

Not really

Quote:

Dnt matter

Quote:

I go with my male friends all the time

Quote:
Last movie you saw?

Die hard 4

Quote:
How was it?

Great

Quote:

Transformers
D-Wade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 10:14 AM   #4
ALBballer
Religion? LOL? WTF?

ALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation here

I've never gone by myself, but I think theres absolutely nothing wrong with it. I hate going with a group and they're never ready and I have to wait to see a later showing when I just want to see it then. So going by yourself saves you that hassle and sometimes you have those friends that insist to talk to you while watching the movie, and you just want them to shut up.

Last movie I saw was Evan Almighty. Eh I guess it was alright, too much of a kid movie.
ALBballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 10:22 AM   #5
rknine15
Buckets Baby

rknine15 is considered somewhat coolrknine15 is considered somewhat coolrknine15 is considered somewhat cool

No

I would go around the same time during 7 maybe you may find sumone you know and sit near them.... or if you dont want to be see anyone around noon

gansters

Yes, its more enjoyable

No, you dont but going with the opposite sex would be a lot better unless it's
family... you no what i mean

Nothing, they have friends

Last movie you saw?
Spiderman 3

How was it?
alright

donno i sold all my free movie tickets
rknine15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 10:22 AM   #6
Cannonball
Lets GO PENS!

Cannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation here

LOl what is this myspace bulletin ****?

no

Only when its cheaper matien or however its spelled.

Uh they don't know about torrents/are stupid or like high quality films?

At least 1 other person.

Nope.

Uh its fine? When I go its with my male friends.. If a hot girl will come with me tho of course shes going.

Last movie you saw? Die Hard

How was it?Pretty good.

Next movie you're gonna see?Transformers.
Cannonball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 10:24 AM   #7
Cannonball
Lets GO PENS!

Cannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation here

Gobb was someone clowning on you for going to movies by yourself?
Cannonball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 10:33 AM   #8
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Kebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I've never been on my own

N/A

I don't have a problem with people going to see a film on their own.

I don't need to but I always end up going with a few friends.

Nope

Who cares if 2 or more guys go with each other. If 2 guys want to enjoy a film together then by all means do it but I wouldn't go with just one guy, I usually go with 2 or more friends.

Last movie you saw?
300 or Blood Diamond, can't remember which one.

How was it?
Both were great films, I enjoyed both of them.

No idea. I Was going to see the new Harry Potter film this Thursday but I can't be bothered going now. Not really interested in it anyway.
Kebab Stall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 10:36 AM   #9
AIR SETH
Local High School Star

AIR SETH has decent reputation

No
I could care less
Yes
Preferably
I could care less
Last movie you saw?
I can't remember, it was a while ago
How was it?
Probably good
Transformers
AIR SETH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 11:38 AM   #10
Walton_04
Decent playground baller

Walton_04 has an OK reputation so far

Speaking of movies. How many of you think it's really hard to go to a theater and enjoy the movie without disruptions? I mean, how many times have you gone to a movie where people around you are having conversations, giggling and joking during the serious parts of the movie? I've noticed it's a bigger problem now than 10-12 years ago before everyone had cell phones.

A few months ago I went to see "We Are Marshall" and during the plane crash scene, these teenage girls behind me start burping and giggling and just taking away from the emotions of the movie. I warned them once to stop and they refused. So I went and got security, and all 5 of them were kicked out. I got a free pass to another movie.

At least twice I've had to tell other teenagers to shut up as they're talking on their cells during the movie.
Walton_04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 11:46 AM   #11
Boxcar Willy
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Boxcar Willy has an OK reputation so far

Go by myself occasionally, although I'd be much more up for a sporting event by myself, movies seem more of a date thing or buddy thing.

I like going late at night (midnight starts etc...).

I'll probably see the Simpsons movie next.
Boxcar Willy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 11:47 AM   #12
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Kebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walton_04
Speaking of movies. How many of you think it's really hard to go to a theater and enjoy the movie without disruptions? I mean, how many times have you gone to a movie where people around you are having conversations, giggling and joking during the serious parts of the movie? I've noticed it's a bigger problem now than 10-12 years ago before everyone had cell phones.

A few months ago I went to see "We Are Marshall" and during the plane crash scene, these teenage girls behind me start burping and giggling and just taking away from the emotions of the movie. I warned them once to stop and they refused. So I went and got security, and all 5 of them were kicked out. I got a free pass to another movie.

At least twice I've had to tell other teenagers to shut up as they're talking on their cells during the movie.
Never really had that problem. Neally every movie I've gone to see has had little to no people under the age of 16-18. So I hardly ever get that trouble. But I have realised that people usually start messing around when they have more friends with them. If there is only 2-3 people then they don't reall do anything but when you start getting groups of people then that's when trouble starts.
Kebab Stall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 11:58 AM   #13
Randy
NBA sixth man of the year

Randy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

There's no shame in going to a movie alone. I've done it a few times, I've even ditched a group of people that wanted to see a certain movie that I didn't want to see and watched a different one by myself.

I usually end up going with guy friends because they appreciate the same types of films that I do. Occasionally there is a movie that speak to both sexes but usually it is obvious which demographic they are shooting for.

I've seen quite a few movies this summer, my last was Transformers which I was pretty disappointed in and the next one will have to be The Simpsons. I hate Harry Potter.
Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 12:00 PM   #14
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannonball
Gobb was someone clowning on you for going to movies by yourself?

No...why? I'm only creating some off court topics since there isnt much NBA related news. Figure you create some normal everyday kind of subjects and post.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 12:29 PM   #15
bballnoob
Decent college freshman

bballnoob is considered somewhat coolbballnoob is considered somewhat cool

Don't see the point of going to a movie by yourself. Not raggin on people who do but if I'm gonna piss away that much money on overpriced ticket and possibly food, might as well be a social thing too.
bballnoob is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: