Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Boston Celtics Forum

Boston Celtics Forum Boston Celtics message board - Boston celtics fan forum

Old 07-12-2006, 07:02 AM   #1
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default So, you can all stop feeling sorry for Paul Pierce now...

Paul Pierce set to survive three years of internet trade rumors and stupid messageboard garbage.

Was there ever any doubt?

Well, maybe there was...but, I've always felt sure enough about P's desire to be a Celtic. He does have a LeBron-inspired three-year out clause in the extension, but he definitely wants to be a career Celtic and is willing to see where the team is going. See, guys? Not every star in the league bails on his team whenever they go through some losing. There are still some fighters out there. So you can all stop pitying P (those of you that did), bewailing the "waste of his prime," because he chose to be here, and choosing to stay here.

Last edited by insidehoops : 07-12-2006 at 12:24 PM.
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 07:06 AM   #2
crisoner
10 plus years on ISH

crisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
Paul Pierce set to survive three years of internet trade rumors and stupid messageboard realgm garbage.

Was there ever any doubt?

Well, maybe there was...but, I've always felt sure enough about P's desire to be a Celtic. He does have a LeBron-inspired three-year out clause in the extension, but he definitely wants to be a career Celtic and is willing to see where the team is going. See, guys? Not every star in the league bails on his team whenever they go through some losing. There are still some fighters out there. So you can all stop pitying P (those of you that did), bewailing the "waste of his prime," because he chose to be here, and choosing to stay here.

Well I can easily tease and say he we always be a Celtic but never win a ring hope he is happy etc.

But f*ck that...props to Paul and the Celtics. In this day and age of pro sports is good to see a franchise player stay with his team. I know it feels good to get a new player here and threr...but I felt the sting of when players you rooted for so long leave.
crisoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 07:14 AM   #3
sydneyking
Banned

sydneyking has not been impressing people

Hey Get F.uckets, what happened to your mock draft? WE COULD HAVE MADE IT !!!!!
sydneyking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 07:32 AM   #4
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisoner
Well I can easily tease and say he we always be a Celtic but never win a ring hope he is happy etc.

But f*ck that...props to Paul and the Celtics. In this day and age of pro sports is good to see a franchise player stay with his team. I know it feels good to get a new player here and threr...but I felt the sting of when players you rooted for so long leave.
P will get his ring. It will take years, but I predict that his perseverence will be rewarded here in Green.

I do wonder if, behind the scenes, as part of him resigning, he's pressuring the team to get AI or another such star, but if he is I wouldn't blame him.
Old 07-12-2006, 08:12 AM   #5
JohnnySic
green is good

JohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation here

Praise PP.
JohnnySic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 08:39 AM   #6
TMan
I brick open layups

TMan has no real reputation yet.

It's one thing that a player wants to stay with a franchise all the way, it's another thing that a franchise wants to stick with a player all the way. AI wants to stay as a Sixer, but I guess King doesn't think the same way.
TMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 09:09 AM   #7
Grand Villain
Banned

Grand Villain has an OK reputation so far

Paul Pierce - without a doubt one of the most underrated players in the league today (especially the past few seasons). I hope he remains a Celtic for life. He's been nothing but loyal to the city of Boston and their fans. He's been on the superstar rollercoaster, but he's a genuinely great player season-after-season.

Quote:
P will get his ring. It will take years, but I predict that his perseverence will be rewarded here in Green.

As much as I'd love to agree with you - Danny Ainge is raping the Celtic franchise. He's not giving Pierce an opportunity to win a ring in Boston. Even with Pierce being a top caliber player, he still needs to be the 2nd option on the team. Pierce playing the role of 2nd option would free him up to do whatever he wants at will, which is where his game would flourish. Until Pierce gets some serious help, the Celtics' drought will continue.

Last edited by Grand Villain : 07-12-2006 at 09:33 AM.
Grand Villain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 09:26 AM   #8
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

We no doubt need to improve the team, but which Piston of their recent repeat EC Championship team is a better scorer than P? Or even as good? The original Celtic Dynasty didn't have a better scorer than P until Havlicek came along, and he didn't get to start until the Cooz was gone. P's a good enough scorer to be the #1 option. As for Danny, I don't agree with all of his moves (never saw the point in signing Scal, and am not sold on the Ricky/Wally swap, although we had to find a way to get rid of Mark) and he has also had moves I liked that bombed (re-signing Mark, drafting Marcus) but overall he's been right. The team that he inherited wasn't going to win a Championship, it was built to make the playoffs and then maybe pull off an upset (Indy and Detroit). But could the Pierce/Walker/Battie/Bremer/Williams team have beat Detroit in their two years, or Miami this year? No way, so Danny went young. Now we have some talents/tradeable assets, and Danny's got us in the thick of the AI sweepstakes. Get Iverson or another star of his caliber and we've got possibly the best duo in the NBA, depending on how much Shaq falls off this summer. Danny's trying to make a Contender here, and I'll take P and AI over P and Antoine.
Old 07-12-2006, 09:38 AM   #9
Grand Villain
Banned

Grand Villain has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Get Iverson or another star of his caliber and we've got possibly the best duo in the NBA, depending on how much Shaq falls off this summer. Danny's trying to make a Contender here, and I'll take P and AI over P and Antoine.

This is a great point. While I don't agree with your Danny Ainge defense, acquiring Iverson would allow Pierce to free-flow his offense. AI would be the # 1 go-to guy, while Pierce attacks in his shadow. That would be the perfect combo for Pierce. Yes, Pierce is certainly good enough to be a # 1 option, but he would thrive being the 2nd option. That's just how his game is built.
Grand Villain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 09:39 AM   #10
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Rasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation here

Celtic fans may as well give up their pipe dream

Celtics arent gettin Iverson... Billy King said that the deal was dead the day after the draft....

If Paul Pierce wants to team up with AI he'll have to do it here in Philly
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 09:46 AM   #11
JohnnySic
green is good

JohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation here

I'm glad Ainge isn't selling the farm to get AI - its just not worth it.

And please, stop the Ainge bashing - Danny's done a spectacular job. The team he inherited 3 years ago had Pierce, Walker and then a bunch of role players with very little trade value and bad contracts. Ainge has assembled a stable of young talent with value around the league. Not to mention they are exciting to watch.
JohnnySic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 09:47 AM   #12
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

I'm not sure what you mean when you say P's game would thrive. He just averaged 27ppg on 47% shooting. How's AI going to make that better? I want AI to improve the team, not P. Iverson, as a Celtic, would be a shoot-first combo guard, which isn't the ideal player to boost up P's game (Pierce just needs to have shooters around him to space the floor). That's why P's numbers improved after Ricky was traded for wally in spite of Ricky being the better player, because Ricky needs the ball. AI would be needing it even more than Ricky. AI would attract doubles but it's not like teams would stop doubling P.
Old 07-12-2006, 09:51 AM   #13
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasheed1
Celtic fans may as well give up their pipe dream

Celtics arent gettin Iverson... Billy King said that the deal was dead the day after the draft....

If Paul Pierce wants to team up with AI he'll have to do it here in Philly
The original deal, which included the 7th pick, is dead. But AI is still on the market, and our Cs are reortedly one of the leading candidates. If Philly's going to deal Iverson (and that's what the rumors--which, I will grant, are often wrong--indicate) then of the primary contenders we appear to have the best bargaining chips (Denver is supposedly offering ridiculously overpaid K-Mart and old Camby).
Old 07-12-2006, 09:59 AM   #14
Bosh4life
Local High School Star

Bosh4life has an OK reputation so far

I really don't see Philly still willing to trade IVerson unless they get one hell of a deal.
Bosh4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 10:34 AM   #15
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

I wouldn't either in their position, but they're reportedly mad at him for all of his off-court transgressions, with being late for fan appreciation day as some kind of last straw.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: