Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Portland Trail Blazers Forum

Portland Trail Blazers Forum Portland Trail Blazers forum - Portland Trail Blazers message board

Old 07-11-2007, 09:38 PM   #1
blazerfan22
Retro is in

blazerfan22 has an OK reputation so far
Talking LaMarcus Aldridge

Aldridge is looking good in the Summer League! I think he's going to have an outstanding year now that Zach is not in the paint. Your looking at a future All-Star. Not to mention Roy and Oden.
blazerfan22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 10:40 PM   #2
blazerfan22
Retro is in

Default Re: LaMarcus Aldridge

Did I forget to mention Sergio. He's going to be something special too.
Old 07-12-2007, 02:22 AM   #3
Nygher
Banned

Nygher has an OK reputation so far

...Ok...Zach left...but Oden came...that almost measures out

Aldridge MIGHT be a future All-Star if he developes a better inside game but he won't be an All-Star in the West if he keeps putting up 15 footers and tip backs

And I'm not hating...I'm a Blazer fan...but I'm also unbiased
Nygher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 09:14 PM   #4
blazerfan22
Retro is in

I don't know, Aldridge was showing very good potential at the end of last season and recently in Summer Camp. All I'm seeing is improvement and good ball from him lately. I think he's doing just fine.

Oden will too.

Patience my friend, patience. :)
Old 08-15-2007, 03:53 PM   #5
marny_navis
Banned

marny_navis has decent reputation

If Aldridge can develop into a Chris Bosh type and be able to hit fifteen footers while Oden destroys everyone in the post, then Portland will be even sick-er than they already will be. Plus, with Channing Frye being pretty much the same player, you have 2 times the chance at developing that type of player. I also like the depth with J-Mac, Sergio, Jack if you keep him, and Rudy. Add Brandon Roy in there and Portland's gonna win multiple championships for sure. That's assuming Durant doesn't become Jordan-like and completely destroy everyone in the West like he don't give a damn how sucky his team is. Portland-Seattle will be the best rivalry come 4-5 years.
marny_navis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 11:55 PM   #6
mateo31
Go ahead, make my day.

mateo31 has an OK reputation so far

He had some good games last season as a rookie. It seems like he has been having a good summer. Yeah like other people on the Blazers forum have said, this is looks like a very solid young team. It will be exciting to watch Portland play this season.
mateo31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 02:16 AM   #7
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by marny_navis
If Aldridge can develop into a Chris Bosh type and be able to hit fifteen footers while Oden destroys everyone in the post, then Portland will be even sick-er than they already will be. Plus, with Channing Frye being pretty much the same player, you have 2 times the chance at developing that type of player. I also like the depth with J-Mac, Sergio, Jack if you keep him, and Rudy. Add Brandon Roy in there and Portland's gonna win multiple championships for sure. That's assuming Durant doesn't become Jordan-like and completely destroy everyone in the West like he don't give a damn how sucky his team is. Portland-Seattle will be the best rivalry come 4-5 years.

Exactly. I like our depth as well (Big Cat is actually in Jersey now).

PG: Blake/Jack/Sergio
SG: Roy/Webster
SF: Outlaw/J. James (still by far our weakest position)
PF: Aldridge/Frye
C: Oden/Przybilla

Plus, with McRoberts, T. Green, Fernandez, Koponen, the Blazers have good odds of at least one of these players developing into something fairly special.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 03:22 AM   #8
berraco
Darko The Ripper

berraco has decent reputationberraco has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myth

Plus, with McRoberts, T. Green, Fernandez, Koponen, the Blazers have good odds of at least one of these players developing into something fairly special.

Yeah I think the Blazers have now the roster with more chances to be a contender in 3-4 years. A lot of young and talented guys that will have minutes to develop their game. Just need to fix the SF and hope a couple of these prospects explode (I think Aldridge will do it this year) and you have it.
berraco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 08:01 AM   #9
Myth

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Plus we have large contracts coming off the books in 2 years. So as I see it, we have 2 years for hardcore development. By then we need to be really appealing to free agents so we can lure them in as final pieces to building a championship.
Old 08-17-2007, 12:38 PM   #10
berraco
Darko The Ripper

berraco has decent reputationberraco has decent reputation

Quote:
Plus we have large contracts coming off the books in 2 years. So as I see it, we have 2 years for hardcore development. By then we need to be really appealing to free agents so we can lure them in as final pieces to building a championship.

Any idea (or a link or whatever) of who is going to be FA by that date?
berraco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 03:17 PM   #11
marny_navis
Banned

marny_navis has decent reputation

Quote:

By J-Mac I was referring to Josh McRoberts not Jamaal Magloire.
marny_navis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 03:12 AM   #12
Myth

Quote:
Originally Posted by marny_navis
By J-Mac I was referring to Josh McRoberts not Jamaal Magloire.

Oh, got ya.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: