Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 07-13-2007, 03:54 PM   #1
Lebron23
GOAT Small Forward

Lebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Mark Him Down Cuban wants to buy the Chicago Cubs

Quote:

Cuban officially joins crowded field of Cubs suitors

ESPN.com news services

Mark Cuban confirmed Thursday that he has submitted his application to Major League Baseball to purchase the Cubs. Cuban, who has owned the NBA's Dallas Mavericks since January of 2000 and is known for his free-spending ways, told the newspaper he sent the paperwork in last week.

Cuban's efforts to enter the already crowded field to purchase the team is being met with some speculation. The Chicago Tribune summed up Cuban's efforts to buy the team in its Thursday edition as follows: "And while Internet billionaire Mark Cuban, owner of the Dallas Mavericks, has expressed interest, most observers think Major League Baseball would balk at a potential owner as unpredictable and outspoken as Cuban."

When e-mailed by the Tribune to respond to the sentence, Cuban replied via e-mail: "I never comment on 'most observers' reports. It's like responding to a random blog post, a waste of time."

The Tribune Co. announced in April it would sell the team at season's end, after the ailing media conglomerate announced its acquisition by billionaire investor Sam Zell. It put one of sports' most storied and star-crossed franchises on the block, a year shy of the 100th anniversary of its last World Series title.

Gammons on Mike & Mike

Peter Gammons tackles the Cubs and Yankees. Peter doesn't see Mark Cuban as future owner of those lovable losers and says the Yankees should not be counted out either as postseason contenders or Alex Rodriguez's steady employer. Listen

Zell, a real estate magnate who already owns part of his hometown Bulls and White Sox, did not comment about why he's was not interested in keeping the Cubs in connection with the $8.2 billion deal. The team is one of Tribune's richest assets.

Cuban faces some stiff competition among suitors for the Cubs. The Tribune reported Thursday that the Ricketts family, which founded discount broker TD Ameritrade Holding Corp., has joined the list of potential bidders.

Sources close to the situation said the Ricketts family is readying their application MLB requires for all parties wishing to bid on a franchise. The group is led by Thomas Ricketts, 41, who is the founder and chief executive of the Chicago-based investment firm, Incapital Holdings LLC.

Thomas Ricketts is the son of J. Joe Ricketts, an Omaha billionaire who founded Ameritrade. Forbes Magazine this year estimated the Ricketts' family worth is $2.3 billion.

The Tribune reports other bidders include John Canning, who heads the Chicago-based private-equity firm Madison Dearborn Partners and is a part-owner of the Milwaukee Brewers. Additionally, a partnership of restaurateur Larry Levy and Chicago business owner Craig Duchossois is also thought to be interested in entering the fray.

Don Levin, who owns the Chicago Wolves minor league hockey team has said he is interested in bidding for the team, as is a partnership of Chicago attorney Thomas Mandler and area businessman Jim Anixter. A group led by industrialist and private-equity investor Thomas Begel may also try bidding on the Cubs, the newspaper reports.

Bidding for the ballclub and historic Wrigley Field, however, is certain to be fiercely competitive. Forbes Magazine recently valued the Cubs at $592 million, fifth-highest in baseball, although experts speculate the bidding could start at $600 million. Tribune paid $20.5 million for the team in 1981.

Cubs manager Lou Piniella seemed impressed with Cuban's credentials.

"I don't know him, but the guy basically, he's a winner. He's a character. He has obviously got the resources," Piniella said Friday.

"I do know that he's got a lot of charisma. He likes the competition and he likes to win. So he's certainly a very viable candidate to buy the club. But there are going to be a lot of people that want the club."

Piniella said he didn't think he'd have any problems working with a hands-on boss like Cuban, if that should ever happen.

"I can work for anybody. I've done this for 20 years, all I do is my job on the field. Let me tell you this, there are going to be a lot of people that have interest, and Mark is one of them," Piniella said.

Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2934920

From a being well known team owner of the Dallas Mavericks Billonaire Mark Cuban now wants to invade the baseball world.

Mark " Strike 2" Cuban
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 04:10 PM   #2
Y2Gezee
Troll spotting pro

Y2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Mark Him Down Cuban wants to buy the Chicago Cubs

They won't let him in.
Y2Gezee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 05:03 PM   #3
JalenRawley
Local High School Star

JalenRawley has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebron23
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2934920

From a being well known team owner of the Dallas Mavericks Billonaire Mark Cuban now wants to invade the baseball world.

Mark " Strike 2" Cuban

Gee, thanks for completely posting the article that's posted on ESPN's front page.

I think it's time we got you banned again.

Try writing something on your own, instead of stealing a writer's article and posting it just to crank up your post count and keep creating threads.

When, oh when, will you ever figure it out?

Last edited by JalenRawley : 07-13-2007 at 05:08 PM.
JalenRawley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 05:15 PM   #4
BankShot
5-time NBA All-Star

BankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

maybe he's sick of NBA salary cap rules, and wants to own a team where he can absolutely buy his way into the world series

can you say A-Rod as a cub?
BankShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 05:53 PM   #5
kentatm
NBA Legend

kentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Cuban would be a VERY good thing for MLB. They are in serious need of new ideas and marketing strategies. Hopefully Cubes would be able to force Bud Selig to actually act like a commissioner instead of the lapdog he currently is.

I just wish he could pry away the Rangers from Tom Hicks. Then Hicks could focus on the Stars who he seems a bit better at running.
kentatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 06:23 PM   #6
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y2Gezee
They won't let him in.
I think you may be right!

I WOULD LOVE THIS TO HAPPEN! Their are so many bad MLB owners!
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 06:35 PM   #7
RobertSwift31
High School JV MVP

RobertSwift31 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by JalenRawley
Gee, thanks for completely posting the article that's posted on ESPN's front page.

I think it's time we got you banned again.

Try writing something on your own, instead of stealing a writer's article and posting it just to crank up your post count and keep creating threads.

When, oh when, will you ever figure it out?
When will you figure out that people do this to pass news along and start discussion?
RobertSwift31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 07:10 PM   #8
JalenRawley
Local High School Star

Quote:
Stop spamming our thread i gave you a warning the lnext time you insult me in my thread. I would probably report you just grow up your lame attempt of insulting me does not even work.

I change alot and unlike you i am not sour graping for nothing just move on.

Post ON TOPIC Please

Just like how every LakerRaider post is all about his need for spelling out every single acronym, every single post of yours is all about how clueless you are. So, I'm right down the centerline of the topic. Right in the groove.

As soon as you get a clue, maybe that'll change, but it hasn't yet. And instead of posting uninformed, overloaded-agenda threads about LeBron and the Cavs, you've moved to plagiarism occasionally followed by an uninformed, overloaded-agenda comment.

Stop spamming the board, stop creating threads, and -nobody- will be insulted, because whenever you create a thread, you insult the intelligence of everyone here.

Report away. Ya might as well, I'm the person who reports pretty much every single offensive post you make. How many times have you been banned now? Still haven't learned a thing right? Right.
Old 07-13-2007, 07:18 PM   #9
Lebron23
GOAT Small Forward

Lebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
The Message is Hidden because Jalen Rawley is in your ignore lists

If you have problem tough man you can PM and we might actually have a chit chat in real life.

I do not do any harm and i never disrespected you in this forum.

Who in the blue hell are you telling me to stop posting? If you are really a big guy in real life you can PM me the place and we can settle this face to face.

I am sick and tired of you harassing me in every thread that i make. So I am not challenging you but if you want to talk to me. I will talk to you personally Jalen Rawley.

We can do it in a place we can see each other not in this forum because you know your the biggest attention whore in this site.
Old 07-13-2007, 07:25 PM   #10
RobertSwift31
High School JV MVP

RobertSwift31 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Most people, yes.

LeBron23? No.

Maybe if you gotten all of the facts before opening your mouth, you would have realized that.

I know, I know, why on Earth would someone want to gather facts before opening their mouth, right? Isn't it better just to shout your ignorance so that everyone can see that you don't know what you're talking about?

I'm sorry to say that no, it's not. With the shortsightedness of youth, it's easy to see why it's so prevalent, but that doesn't make it any less ignorant.
What? What facts do I need to know to realize that there is no problem with passing on news to a message board?
RobertSwift31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 07:56 PM   #11
JalenRawley
Local High School Star

Quote:
If you have problem tough man you can PM and we might actually have a chit chat in real life.

I do not do any harm and i never disrespected you in this forum.

Who in the blue hell are you telling me to stop posting? If you are really a big guy in real life you can PM me the place and we can settle this face to face.

I am sick and tired of you harassing me in every thread that i make. So I am not challenging you but if you want to talk to me. I will talk to you personally Jalen Rawley.

We can do it in a place we can see each other not in this forum because you know your the biggest attention whore in this site.

Ooh, an e-thug! Now I'm really impressed. Yeah, I can see the signs of your growth and maturity plain as day. How could I have possibly missed them?

Who am I to tell you to stop posting? An informed, contributing member of this board. I guess it could be seen as an isolated perspective if I was the only person who felt this way, but it's not just the majority who feels this way, it's the -overwhelming- majority of people here who feel this way. Again, how many times have you been banned? I've lost count after it got to double digits, and that was not very long after you arrived.

We're not meeting in real life. You're not even in this country, and you're a -very- immature minor. You don't know **** about ****, and as per your well-documented learning curve here, it's very possible that you never will. The credibility and integrity of people who threaten -anything- over an anonymous network with zero accountability speaks for itself.

I don't want to talk to you, in fact, I would be ecstatic if you -never- posted at ISH again (hell, anywhere for that matter, even places I don't go), and once again I definitely wouldn't be the only one. Of course, you will ignore minor details such as that, but the truth remains. But it -is- supposed to be a forum available to everyone, and everyone should have the chance to contribute, but it's people like you who ruin it for everyone else. It's people like you who give open forums (let alone the internet as a whole) a (justified) bad name. It's people like you that lower the value of a place like this. How many chances have you been given? Again, how many times have you been banned now? You obviously aren't getting it, are ya? Just figure it out already. There's only so many times a person can say the same things to you, waiting for you to learn. It's like trying to teach Helen Keller to say "water", only instead of water, you keep saying, "LEBRAN MVP! CAVS MBA CHAMPZ! LOL1!!1".

I like this place. I like the concept of having a shared community of basketball information. To me, the rumor page and this board are inseparable. It's like, "Here's a bunch of stories, discuss! If you find ones we don't have, share them and discuss!" The only requisite is that you have some idea of what you're talking about... and that's where it falls short. There's a few people here who have a clue, I don't think I need to mention you're not one of them. Oops, mentioned it anyway! But in order to have an intelligent conversation, you have to have intelligence. In order to have a conversation on a topic, you kinda have to know a little about the topic.

You don't qualify.

Now, you could. You could read and interpret information, create thoughts of your own, come up with a unique point of view, but for whatever reason, you just haven't done that yet. And I for one am sick of logging into a board full of pure retardation, and when I say to myself, "Self? Why is this board full of stupidity?" My self says, "I don't know, why don't we look at who is creating threads." Suddenly, it all becomes clear. Look! LeBron23 just created six threads! That explains it.

You mention me being an attention whore? Um, how many threads do I create? That's right, none. So, if I'm trying to get everyone's attention, would I go out of my way to create threads? Wouldn't I go out of my way to post every single thing I could possibly post? Even if it's already been posted? Even if there's a dozen threads right there on the front page? Even if it's just posting someone else's article and a link? Even if it's just a post to stick something obvious in people's faces? Even if it's my own personal agenda that I want to plaster everywhere?

Hey wait a minute, that sounds familiar. Why... I just described you! When you were only posting about LeBron and the Cavs, it wasn't because you had important information you felt you needed to share with the world, it was just to put your two, albeit clueless, cents in. Now that we've called you enough times on that, and after the Cavs lost the way they did, you're just posting any article you can find, even if you really don't have any knowledge or any care about that particular topic. If you were posting things that weren't directly on the rumors page here at ISH, or directly on the front page of the most common sports sites in the world, then I'm sure somebody could see it as a form of contribution to the board. But when you post duplicate threads, Mr. Obvious threads, and threads with links that are sitting right there on the rumors page, that's not contribution, that's duplication.

So on behalf of everyone with an IQ over 45, please, get a clue already. How many more bannings will it take? How many hundreds of ISH posters have to call you on your ignorance? How long do we have to wait for your learning process to kick in? Can you give us a ballpark figure? Should I give you a couple weeks?
Old 07-13-2007, 07:59 PM   #12
JalenRawley
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertSwift31
What? What facts do I need to know to realize that there is no problem with passing on news to a message board?

Nevermind, I forgot where I was. Here I was thinking people might have the slightest desire of knowing what they were talking about before talking about it.

My mistake.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled bliss.
Old 07-13-2007, 08:02 PM   #13
Lebron23
GOAT Small Forward

Talking Re: Mark Him Down Cuban wants to buy the Chicago Cubs

Quote:
This message is hidden because Jalen Rawley is on your ignore list.

Reported and Put in my Ignore lists.

Go away, we don't want you here.

Lebron23

We Now return to our regular posting habits.

Mark Cuban by the way would be an awesome Team Owner in the MLB as he will bring back the excitement back into the Major League Baseball.

Mark Cuban= Chicago CUBS

Last edited by Lebron23 : 07-13-2007 at 08:09 PM.
Old 07-13-2007, 08:09 PM   #14
JalenRawley
Local High School Star

Quote:
Reported and Put in my Ignore lists.

We Now return to our regular posting habits.

Mark Cuban by the way would be an awesome Team Owner in the MLB as he will bring back the excitement back into the Major League Baseball.

Mark Cuban= Chicago CUBS

=Exactly= as expected. Denial isn't a very fun place to be once you figure out where you really stand. Someday, you might just figure that out. I personally won't be holding my breath though. Funny how much of the truth you ignore. T-minus 11 days until your next banning! </Nostradamus>
Old 07-13-2007, 08:44 PM   #15
-primetime-

Quote:
=Exactly= as expected. Denial isn't a very fun place to be once you figure out where you really stand. Someday, you might just figure that out. I personally won't be holding my breath though. Funny how much of the truth you ignore. T-minus 11 days until your next banning! </Nostradamus>
honestly...I wouldn't mind talking about the chances of Cuban buying the Cubs.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: