Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 07-13-2007, 04:53 PM   #1
poorlilrich
woop woop

poorlilrich is popular on this boardpoorlilrich is popular on this boardpoorlilrich is popular on this boardpoorlilrich is popular on this board
Default What do you do when you can't sleep?

I have had 2 nights in the past week where I slept 4 hours or less. I usually fall asleep pretty fast but every once in a while I lay in my bed staring at the ceiling for hours.

Before I go to sleep, I try to tire my eyes by posting on ISH or by watching TV. Is there anything you can do when you are not tired that will make you fall asleep faster? (aside from taking pills)

I guarantee I'm not insomniac, so I don't need medical help.

... sleeping late is bad, but the worst part is waking up at 7 in the frigging morning.
poorlilrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 04:57 PM   #2
Cannonball
Lets GO PENS!

Cannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: What do you do when you can't sleep?

hmm usually I have a prob. keeping awake, lol I tried to stay up and work on school all night and made it till 6am then I just feel asleep with the book in my hands and woke up at 3pm lols.

Don't drink any pop.and turn on some music low volume. and have a fan on.
Cannonball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 04:59 PM   #3
SJellen
I hit open 5-footers

SJellen has an OK reputation so far

-*********e
-have a shot
-listen to music

for about a year i could only fall alseep to pulp fiction, so every night i would have to play pulp fiction. sure enough i would fall alseep before the opening credits started
SJellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 05:01 PM   #4
hateraid
Is it in you?

hateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I introduce Palm-ela to my frined One-Eyed Willy. I get them to shake hands.
hateraid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 05:03 PM   #5
Lebron23
Most Valuable Player

Lebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by poorlilrich
I have had 2 nights in the past week where I slept 4 hours or less. I usually fall asleep pretty fast but every once in a while I lay in my bed staring at the ceiling for hours.

Before I go to sleep, I try to tire my eyes by posting on ISH or by watching TV. Is there anything you can do when you are not tired that will make you fall asleep faster? (aside from taking pills)

I guarantee I'm not insomniac, so I don't need medical help.

... sleeping late is bad, but the worst part is waking up at 7 in the frigging morning.

Call your girlfriend to come in your house for a quick juicing and if she does not have the time to go into your place. Maybe you can just do the thing with your 2 hands.
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 05:08 PM   #6
Richie2k6
Smooth Like Butter

Richie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Close your eyes. Simple, yet true. A lot of people say they can't sleep, yet they're laying in bed with their eyes open. Closing'em is the first step and it often works. Just close your eyes and think about random things until you fall asleep.
Richie2k6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 05:09 PM   #7
Fudge
NBA Legend

Fudge is a pretty well-respected posterFudge is a pretty well-respected posterFudge is a pretty well-respected poster

Where in gods green earth are you from, Lebron23?

Just to acquaint; here, in America, we don't jerk it with 2 hands, pal. Queer.
Fudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 05:09 PM   #8
Cannonball
Lets GO PENS!

Cannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fudge

Cannonball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 05:11 PM   #9
hateraid
Is it in you?

hateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Here's a thread I did about 4 months ago

insomnia

hateraid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 05:14 PM   #10
Lebron23
Most Valuable Player

Lebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fudge

I know because i am thinking maybe his left hand is hurt so he can use the other one Miss FUDGE.
Old 07-13-2007, 05:19 PM   #11
WhiteMosɘs
Free Myanmar

WhiteMosɘs has an incredible reputation hereWhiteMosɘs has an incredible reputation hereWhiteMosɘs has an incredible reputation hereWhiteMosɘs has an incredible reputation hereWhiteMosɘs has an incredible reputation hereWhiteMosɘs has an incredible reputation here

If you're worried about getting sleep cuz you have to get up earlier, that makes it harder. Turn away all clocks so you can't see the time, and just try not to worry or think. Guess that's kinda hard.
WhiteMosɘs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 05:20 PM   #12
ILballa
Hemp Coach

ILballa has a near all-star reputation hereILballa has a near all-star reputation hereILballa has a near all-star reputation hereILballa has a near all-star reputation hereILballa has a near all-star reputation hereILballa has a near all-star reputation here

I stare at the ceiling.
ILballa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 05:29 PM   #13
Lebron23
Most Valuable Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILballa
I stare at the ceiling.

It works and Poorlilrich is now sleeping.
Old 07-13-2007, 05:41 PM   #14
RecSpecs110
Prokhorov = Badass

RecSpecs110 is considered somewhat coolRecSpecs110 is considered somewhat cool

I'm a very heavy sleeper, and usually I fall asleep within a few minutes and never wake up in the middle of the night. But every once in awhile I just can't fall asleep. Whenever that happens, I just drink warm milk, it works all the time for me. Try it.
RecSpecs110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 06:22 PM   #15
WhiteMosɘs
Free Myanmar

WhiteMosɘs has an incredible reputation hereWhiteMosɘs has an incredible reputation hereWhiteMosɘs has an incredible reputation hereWhiteMosɘs has an incredible reputation hereWhiteMosɘs has an incredible reputation hereWhiteMosɘs has an incredible reputation here

^^^ tried that one time, couldn't stop going to the bathroom:)
WhiteMosɘs is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: