Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Detroit Pistons Forum

Detroit Pistons Forum Detroit Pistons message board - pistons fan forum

Old 07-27-2007, 11:50 AM   #1
bigbirdballer
I airball my layups

bigbirdballer has an OK reputation so far
Default starting lineup

who do you think will start for the pistons next year?
bigbirdballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 03:51 PM   #2
PrinceOthaPalace
I hit open layups

PrinceOthaPalace has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: starting lineup

probably the exact same lineup unless webber signs with another team
PrinceOthaPalace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 02:31 PM   #3
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Yeah, if they resign Webber it will be the same. At this point it would be kind of dumb to let Webber go. He's the best option that is left for them. I would like to see an entire season of him in the line up.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 06:26 PM   #4
final.wrath
Banned

final.wrath has decent reputationfinal.wrath has decent reputation

I don't understand why would keeping vets like Webber and McDyess. I can understand one of them keeping one around but both would only hurt the young guys in the end.
final.wrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 10:44 AM   #5
Patrick27
Good High School Starter

Patrick27 has an OK reputation so far

Well, Webber might be the closest the Pistons have to a true center. He has passing skills and great basketball IQ. If he can school some of the young athletic guys in practice a few times, it'll be good for them in the long run.

I think there's something to be said for Darko practicing with Ben Wallace and Rasheed Wallace every day - when he played he had more blocks per minute than anyone in the league.

If C-Webb can give these guys some of his court vision, he's worth a good portion of the MLE as far as I'm concerned, if not all of it.

As for McDyess, he's still a great player on both sides of the floor. He played all 82 games last season, shoots a good percentage down the home stretch, and is great for team chemistry.

Why wouldn't you want Rasheed, Webber, and McDyess working with Amir, Maxiell, and Samb every day? Remember, none of our young 3 are lottery picks, they're late first rounders or second rounder projects that we're going to build our future around. Despite their potential, they're not franchise players. Let's make sure they get solid fundamentals and a good basketball IQ, and we'll be fine for years to come. Stuckey and Prince are the future, anyway...
Patrick27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 07:53 PM   #6
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

We would be crazy to not try to resign Webber for the amount of money he is going to be signed for. Those young guys, even though they have potential, aren't going to step in a play center for us like Webber does. Don't get me wrong I don't think Webber is a great player like he used to be but he is the best available option that is left.
Old 08-01-2007, 11:05 AM   #7
hutcht02
Mr. Basketball

hutcht02 has an OK reputation so far

Even if you do resign Webber, about half-way through the year I would expect to see Flip Saunders start Cheick Samb at Center. This kid's going to be good, and I doubt you're going to get Webber to sign more than a one-year contract. Webber can be insurance, but I'd start Samb at center.
hutcht02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 12:19 PM   #8
dd24
College superstar

From everything I've read Samb isn't quite ready for that yet. I hope he turns out to be a great starting center but I don't think it will happen this year. Do you really think the Pistons have a better shot at making the finals with Samb at center instead of Webber?
Old 08-01-2007, 08:53 PM   #9
EuroWise
GM Star

EuroWise has an OK reputation so far

I think they should bring back again webber!!
EuroWise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 12:22 PM   #10
purplehaze
Can barely lace up my sneakers

purplehaze has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by hutcht02
Even if you do resign Webber, about half-way through the year I would expect to see Flip Saunders start Cheick Samb at Center. This kid's going to be good, and I doubt you're going to get Webber to sign more than a one-year contract. Webber can be insurance, but I'd start Samb at center.
I think signing webber is a good move because, even if he is older and slower and takes away playing time from our young guns, he is a CENTER. Other than Nazr and Samb, we don't have a true center. I really want to see Samb get playing time, but I don't see him cracking the starting lineup. And his minutes better be more than those garbage minutes someone used to give to a certain Darko....
purplehaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 01:56 PM   #11
Patrick27
Good High School Starter

Patrick27 has an OK reputation so far

The Pistons still need to win games. Samb is still very green, and he needs time in the D-League to develop his skills. He'll get time, it just won't be in the NBA, and that's fine. We don't want to force him into a situation where he'd be frustrated or regress.

He'll practice with the team, play with the very capable D-League team, and he'll get a better feel for the game and what he needs to do.

The Pistons don't give minutes to their recent rookies, but (aside from Darko), the rest have come along nicely. Prince, Maxiell, Johnson...

I feel great about the Piston's future when our late 2nd round picks are tearing it up in the D-League...
Patrick27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 07:09 PM   #12
dd24
College superstar

I kind of wish we could have seen more of Darko early on in his career. If he would have produced a little it may not have lead to him being traded and we this whole topic could be in a different direction. They drafted him for the future and then upset him and were forced to trade him away. Everybody on the Pistons always said he could play well.
Old 08-02-2007, 11:43 PM   #13
go_blue
High school junior varsity star

go_blue has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrinceOthaPalace
probably the exact same lineup unless webber signs with another team

i say webber will sign with a number of team and we will get some bad replace ment
go_blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 05:47 AM   #14
wally_world
M0derator

wally_world has decent reputationwally_world has decent reputation

C-Amir Johnson
PF-Jason Maxiell
SF-Tay-P
SG-Rip
PG-Billups

6M-Sheed
wally_world is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 06:10 AM   #15
dd24
College superstar

Sheed isn't going to be a backup on any team in the league.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: