Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Memphis Grizzlies Forum

Memphis Grizzlies Forum Memphis Grizzlies forum - Memphis Grizzlies message board

Old 08-02-2007, 06:45 PM   #1
poindexter
I hit open layups

poindexter has an OK reputation so far
Default Navarro a griz tomorrow

Looks like Juan Pablo will be a grizz tomorrow. So the question is who are
they trading to get him? It better not be Hakim. That would suck.
Looks like Chris Wallace is bending over backwards to please pau. I know
you guys will disagree but i don't think pau is worth building your
franchise around................
poindexter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 10:34 PM   #2
jailer
MillionDollarException

jailer has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Navarro a griz tomorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by poindexter
Looks like Juan Pablo will be a grizz tomorrow. So the question is who are
they trading to get him? It better not be Hakim. That would suck.
Looks like Chris Wallace is bending over backwards to please pau. I know
you guys will disagree but i don't think pau is worth building your
franchise around................

Where did you hear this.I have scoured alot of sites and heard nothing.Yes I do believe pau deserves to be built around.Or at least a chance
jailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 10:47 PM   #3
EuroWise
GM Star

EuroWise has an OK reputation so far

Juan Carlos Navarro (not Juan Pablo) and Pau Gasol were the best tandem in Spain when playing together. Also they are probably the best duo in the world championship. So the Memphis will be very clever to join again Pau and Juan Carlos. It is what Pau is trying!!!
EuroWise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 11:08 PM   #4
poindexter
I hit open layups

poindexter has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by EuroWise
Juan Carlos Navarro (not Juan Pablo) and Pau Gasol were the best tandem in Spain when playing together. Also they are probably the best duo in the world championship. So the Memphis will be very clever to join again Pau and Juan Carlos. It is what Pau is trying!!!

It was in the CA this evening. Should be announced tomorrow. We will see
if they can play like that together in the NBA. Jailer, your avatar's are getting confusing. It will be interesting to see all these europeans playing for the
grizz. Kinda like the Spurs with all their internationals.
poindexter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 04:15 AM   #5
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Kebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Isn't Navarro a PG, if he is then we will be stacked at the PG position. But I'm a bit worried on what we have to give up for him, if it's Swift or Cardinal then let it happen otherwise I'm worried.
Kebab Stall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 04:43 AM   #6
berraco
Darko The Ripper

berraco has decent reputationberraco has decent reputation

I've heard that things with the Wizards could be done (but without any detail of the trade) and that there is still missing the agreement with Navarro (the Grizz only offer one year to him). But the sources are not so reliable. I don't know what will be the deal with the Wizards, but I don't expect the Grizz will have to give too much for him (maybe draft picks), since he has not been proven in the NBA.

Navarro can play the #1 and #2 (he plays the #2 in Spain), could be a bit small for a typical NBA #2 but that is the spot he use to play.

Last edited by berraco : 08-03-2007 at 04:53 AM.
berraco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 05:04 AM   #7
Miller Time
the fighting mongooses

Miller Time is a pretty well-respected posterMiller Time is a pretty well-respected posterMiller Time is a pretty well-respected posterMiller Time is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kebab Stall
Isn't Navarro a PG, if he is then we will be stacked at the PG position. But I'm a bit worried on what we have to give up for him, if it's Swift or Cardinal then let it happen otherwise I'm worried.

He is too short to play sg in NBA, but he is like a scoring pg or you can say: A sg trapped in a pg's body.
Miller Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 05:20 AM   #8
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Kebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

So tandems of Conley/Lowry and Navarro could be played, with Conley or Lowry at the 1 and Navarro at the 2 or a tandem of Navarro and Gay/Kinsey could be played, with Navarro at the 1 and Gay or Kinsey at the 2. Looks good on paper, but as berraco said, Navarro is yet to prove he can play at the NBA level. Hopefully we don't give up too much for him.
Old 08-03-2007, 06:13 AM   #9
jailer
MillionDollarException

He is very skilled.He can shoot the lights out.The problem is that he is not very big for a two.So he wil play more at the one.My avatar is of pau gaso onthe rolling stones in spain.Juan is good I hope he dosent turn out like the foreign guy from the pacers
Old 08-03-2007, 06:15 AM   #10
berraco
Darko The Ripper

berraco has decent reputationberraco has decent reputation

Quote:
Looks good on paper, but as berraco said, Navarro is yet to prove he can play at the NBA level. Hopefully we don't give up too much for him.

I'm convinced he can play at the NBA level, but as far as I know there is no precedent of a guy that never played in the NBA being traded for a lot. That's why I think Memphis will make a good deal.
berraco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 06:49 AM   #11
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

If the deal does happen, we will be pretty deep at the 1 and 2 spot, maybe even the 3.
Old 08-03-2007, 06:15 PM   #12
EuroWise
GM Star

EuroWise has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
If the deal does happen, we will be pretty deep at the 1 and 2 spot, maybe even the 3.

With Gasol and Navarro, the Grizzlies will have a strong 1, 2 punch at SG and PF.

EuroWise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 07:12 PM   #13
idizzle
Good college starter

idizzle is considered somewhat coolidizzle is considered somewhat coolidizzle is considered somewhat cool

Yep I just found some stuff on Navarro

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/truehoop/...o-Memphis.html

I really think that the Grizzlies could be the West Coast versison of the Raptors.
idizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 10:30 PM   #14
jailer
MillionDollarException

Would he ba a rookie.I mean he was drafted like five years ago.He is easily more ready then lowry or colnley.I say we play him like wade.As a one/two guard
Old 08-04-2007, 04:25 AM   #15
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

No news on NBA.com or the Grizzlies site yet.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: