Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 08-06-2007, 09:40 PM   #1
IGOTGAME
NBA All-star

IGOTGAME has a near all-star reputation hereIGOTGAME has a near all-star reputation hereIGOTGAME has a near all-star reputation hereIGOTGAME has a near all-star reputation hereIGOTGAME has a near all-star reputation hereIGOTGAME has a near all-star reputation here
Default ESPN compares Kobe to Pistol Pete...

Quote:
Decades from now, will we look back at Kobe Bryant's career as one of repeated triumph, or, like Maravich, as one of lightning that could not be caught in a bottle? I don't know. But I'm certain that whatever happens this summer -- whether Bryant makes the best of it in Los Angeles, stays at war with his team but plays anyway, or manages to be traded -- will somehow or another go a long way to determining that.

How do people who saw Pete feel about this..I feel Pete was never as good as Kobe is now and that this is a joke...
IGOTGAME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 09:49 PM   #2
Burgz
Banned

Burgz is popular on this boardBurgz is popular on this boardBurgz is popular on this boardBurgz is popular on this board
Default Re: ESPN compares Kobe to Pistol Pete...

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
How do people who saw Pete feel about this..I feel Pete was never as good as Kobe is now and that this is a joke...

'Pistol' Pete was an explosive scorer, much like kobe, offensively theres not much maravich couldnt do that kobe does today
do you have the link to the article? maybe the writer was talking about the way they'd end their careers?
i do agree though, not the greatest player comparison, at least its none of that kobe vs. MJ junk we always hear
Burgz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 09:53 PM   #3
IGOTGAME
NBA All-star

IGOTGAME has a near all-star reputation hereIGOTGAME has a near all-star reputation hereIGOTGAME has a near all-star reputation hereIGOTGAME has a near all-star reputation hereIGOTGAME has a near all-star reputation hereIGOTGAME has a near all-star reputation here

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/truehoop/...n-History.html
IGOTGAME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 09:57 PM   #4
Noob Saibot
NBA lottery pick

Noob Saibot is a pretty well-respected posterNoob Saibot is a pretty well-respected posterNoob Saibot is a pretty well-respected posterNoob Saibot is a pretty well-respected poster

what kind of comparison is that?

Pistol Pete did things with the basketball nobody could do. Made impossible passes and shots. Kobe can only pull off half of the magic Pistol Pete does.
Pistol Pete is so AND1, and Kobe is like "Just Do It."
Noob Saibot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 10:14 PM   #5
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

i seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I've sometimes thought about this myself. I know Kobe is better, but they have many similarities.

Great individual talents who played on some poor teams and believed they had to do everything themselves. Alienated many of their teammates for doing this.

Maravich settled down as time went on...don't know if Kobe will or if he even has a choice with the crap he plays with.
i seen hippos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 01:05 AM   #6
dejordan
Mars Blackmon Lives!

dejordan has an OK reputation so far

i don't think so. in a decade no one is going to fault kobe for winning his rings next to shaq. they're just going to see a multi-time champ, multi-time scoring leader with an enormous number of jersey's sold who was unfortunate enough to end his career during the lebron era :)
dejordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 01:12 AM   #7
SsKSpurs21
National High School Star

SsKSpurs21 has decent reputationSsKSpurs21 has decent reputation

maybe rainerbeachpoet, icemanfan, or silent mav can give their take. not saying you guys are old, but yall probably saw these guys play (lol, i guess i basically am calling you guys old haha but you know what i mean)
SsKSpurs21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 01:24 AM   #8
luigi>mario
Now known as Luigi

luigi>mario has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by dejordan
i don't think so. in a decade no one is going to fault kobe for winning his rings next to shaq. they're just going to see a multi-time champ, multi-time scoring leader with an enormous number of jersey's sold who was unfortunate enough to end his career during the lebron era :)

This offseason has me scared that the era might be delayed a few more pieces.
luigi>mario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 01:24 AM   #9
Chalkmaze
Good college starter

Chalkmaze has decent reputationChalkmaze has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by i seen hippos

Great individual talents who played on some poor teams and believed they had to do everything themselves. Alienated many of their teammates for doing this.

Ha!!!! Kobe did this even when he had great teammates... He's an idiot looking for personal glory is what he is.
Chalkmaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 01:29 AM   #10
LakerWarrior12
Local High School Star

LakerWarrior12 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chalkmaze
Ha!!!! Kobe did this even when he had great teammates... He's an idiot looking for personal glory is what he is.

an idiot that is making millions a year for playing basketball. yes what idiot makes millions a year?
LakerWarrior12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 01:32 AM   #11
Chalkmaze
Good college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakerWarrior12
an idiot that is making millions a year for playing basketball. yes what idiot makes millions a year?

That idiot would be Kobe Bryant... guess you missed it...

There are homeless bums that are smarter than Kobe, they just don't have his gifts... but if they did they'd be much smarter basketball players.
Old 08-07-2007, 01:36 AM   #13
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

i seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakerWarrior12

Typical adolescent response.:rollingeyes:
i seen hippos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 01:43 AM   #14
Chalkmaze
Good college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BULLS
They'd be much worse basketball players too.

Yeah, because Kobe has a good work ethic, but he doesn't play anywhere near as smart as he should. Bad decisions and selfish behavior... "I'm 20 feet from the basket, I have 3 defenders on me, prime Shaq is standing under the hoop.... I think I'll force the shot" ..... dumb
Old 08-07-2007, 01:45 AM   #15
LakerWarrior12
Local High School Star

LakerWarrior12 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by i seen hippos
Typical adolescent response.:rollingeyes:

you didn't understand the post. An Idiot making millions a year?

The only idiot that should be mentioned, is Jerry Buss letting Mitch sign Kobe Bryant to a 127 million dollar contract. call Kobe an idiot all you want, Kobe is relaxing in his mansion and would not give a damn.

Its all about the money, its not about even winning championships now.
LakerWarrior12 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: