Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 08-10-2007, 05:43 PM   #1
Mr_Basketball#1
McCants is Available!!

Default OT:Pacman not allowed to participate in TNA

I think this is bullsh!t...He was suspended without pay and now he cant go to a place where he can make a living...I understand he could get hurt, but he has to make a living, and I was looking foward to see him wrestling...

What do you think of this??

http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/wireStory?id=3468209
Mr_Basketball#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 05:45 PM   #2
White Chocolate
5-time NBA All-Star

Default Re: OT:Pacman not allowed to participate in TNA

Lets put it this way. If he stayed out of trouble, he would still be playing football.
White Chocolate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 05:47 PM   #3
bigkingsfan
Gif-ted

It's sad that the Titans won't release him, the guy will get in trouble again!
bigkingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 05:48 PM   #4
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

He would be violating his contract.... he's put himself in this position, so I have no sympathy for him.

Note to Pacman: Stop acting like a jerk and grow up already!

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 05:53 PM   #5
brwnman

they had this debate in the best damn sports show period... and Rose was the only one that said he should just sit at home, but everyone else said he should go through with the TNA... which I also think he should do... it's not even about making a living or anything... to me, this would keep him busy, and people will atleast know where he is and it will keep him out of trouble...
brwnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 05:54 PM   #6
SoCalMike

Quote:
Originally Posted by brwnman
they had this debate in the best damn sports show period... and Rose was the only one that said he should just sit at home, but everyone else said he should go through with the TNA... which I also think he should do... it's not even about making a living or anything... to me, this would keep him busy, and people will atleast know where he is and it will keep him out of trouble...

Exactly my point... how pathetic that people even have to think on those terms about it... like a child.

Old 08-10-2007, 05:58 PM   #7
Put Back Dunk
TOMMY POINT!

It's sort of bullsh*t that the Titans can dictate how he earns money. I fully understand that he's signed to a contract that prohibits dangerous activity, but if the Titans aren't holding up their end of the agreement to pay him (even though it's due to a suspension) then where's his obligation to stick to the contract?

The comprimise here would be to pay pacman his signing bonus (the guaranteed portion of his contract) for the year. That way he wont risk injury and he'll still be able to earn a living but it wont be his entire yearly salary.
Put Back Dunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 06:00 PM   #8
SoCalMike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Put Back Dunk
It's sort of bullsh*t that the Titans can dictate how he earns money. I fully understand that he's signed to a contract that prohibits dangerous activity, but if the Titans aren't holding up their end of the agreement to pay him (even though it's due to a suspension) then where's his obligation to stick to the contract?

The comprimise here would be to pay pacman his signing bonus (the gauranteed portion of his contract) for the year. That way he wont risk injury and he'll still be able to earn a living but it wont be his entire yearly salary.

How come so many people dont want to look at personal accountability here? The Titans did not make Pacman do what he did....

Personal accountability... think about it.

Old 08-10-2007, 06:03 PM   #9
brwnman

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalMike
Exactly my point... how pathetic that people even have to think on those terms about it... like a child.

well by the NFL/Titans not allowing him to join TNA, they're acting childish and more like they don't even care if Pacman gets in trouble or not... you're not gonna let him be his own man and you don't want to know his whereabouts, thats highly hypocritical of the Titans and the league, let him participate in the TNA...
brwnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 06:03 PM   #10
Put Back Dunk
TOMMY POINT!

Quote:
How come so many people dont want to look at personal accountability here? The Titans did not make Pacman do what he did....

Personal accountability... think about it.

I agree with the suspension and he should be held accountable for his actions, but I don't agree with the fact that the Titans can dictate how he earns a living. If he's not playing and not getting paid then why should he still be held to the terms of his contract?

The ban on dangerous activity is meant to protect teams from paying for players that get injured, so the Titans still have the right to not pay him or revoke his signing bonus (like the Browns could have done with Kellen Winslow) IF he gets injured while wrestling for TNA.

Last edited by Put Back Dunk : 08-10-2007 at 06:06 PM.
Old 08-10-2007, 06:04 PM   #11
SoCalMike

Quote:
I agree with the suspension and he should be eld accountable for his actoins, but I don't agree with the fact that the Titans can dictate how he earns a living. If he's not playing and not getting paid then why should he still be held to the terms of his contract?

Yes, because technically, he's still under their contract, and he is their asset.. they don't want him risking a personal injury.

Old 08-10-2007, 06:08 PM   #12
Put Back Dunk
TOMMY POINT!

Quote:
Yes, because technically, he's still under their contract, and he is their asset.. they don't want him risking a personal injury.

But if he gets injured they don't have to pay him, that's what the dangerous activity provision is for.
Old 08-10-2007, 06:11 PM   #13
SoCalMike

Quote:
But if he gets injured they don't have to pay him, that's what the dangerous activity provision is for.

The point is that the team does not want him (or any player) getting injured doing something stupid. I believe all NFL contracts have those stipulations in them. If the player does not agree, they don't have to sign the freakin contract or participate in the NFL. Fact is that he did sign it and he should honor it. You know, be accountable!

Old 08-10-2007, 06:37 PM   #14
Put Back Dunk
TOMMY POINT!

Quote:
The point is that the team does not want him (or any player) getting injured doing something stupid. I believe all NFL contracts have those stipulations in them. If the player does not agree, they don't have to sign the freakin contract or participate in the NFL. Fact is that he did sign it and he should honor it. You know, be accountable!

If he wrestles for TNA then the Titans have every right to terminate his contract or revoke his signing bonus for the remainder of his contract, but taking some sort of legal action against him in order to prevent him from wrestling is ridiculous. If he wants to do wrestle and violate the terms of his contract then he should be allowed to.
Old 08-10-2007, 06:55 PM   #15
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
If he wrestles for TNA then the Titans have every right to terminate his contract or revoke his signing bonus for the remainder of his contract, but taking some sort of legal action against him in order to prevent him from wrestling is ridiculous. If he wants to do wrestle and violate the terms of his contract then he should be allowed to.

"All NFL players have language in their contracts that prohibit them from engaging in activities 'which may involve a significant risk of personal injury,'" said a statement from team spokesman Robbie Bohren. "We certainly believe wrestling to be hazardous, and it is obvious from the player's conduct that he is ignoring this aspect of his agreements with the club."

Hardly ridiculous its WRITTEN IN THE CONTRACT HE SIGNED! If you want to play this silly "Let him wrestle so he can violate the terms of the contract", its not that simple. Titans will want their money back if he ignores the contract terms. This isnt "Ok tear up his contract, he becomes a free agent to sign elsewhere now". This is "Ok now give us back the money we paid you". Smarten up. Pacman f*cked up not the Titans. He put thier season at a bind. Now he wants to wrestle where he could get INJURED?

Titans invested time and money into the first round draft choice. He did thigns his way off the field....now u want him to continue to do it his way knowing the potential outcome to be? Makes no damn sense.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: