Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 08-11-2007, 04:36 AM   #1
Lebron23
Most Valuable Player

Lebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Mike Bibby Wants to be in Cleveland

Mike Bibby wants to be in Cleveland apparently. I don't know. Check out the link for yourself. No idea how credible it is.

http://logan-logsblog.blogspot.com/2...-cavalier.html

Anderson Varejao, Sasha (sign and trade), Newble , and a lotto protected 1st. What do Cavs and Kings fans think?
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 04:42 AM   #2
qrich
King Heno

qrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Mike Bibby Wants to be in Cleveland

It's a blog, doubt any of it is true. Not saying it won't happen, but I won't put an ounce of credibility on a blog. Could just be a fan trying to start something, or one typing it up and hoping he's right so he can call himself an insider later on.
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 04:47 AM   #3
AtTheDriveIn
04'

AtTheDriveIn has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Mike Bibby wants to be in Cleveland apparently. I don't know. Check out the link for yourself. No idea how credible it is.

Well, that speaks for itself doesn't it?

1. Cleveland have nothing of value to trade anyway. You expecting the Kings to sign and trade for Anderson Varajeo as the main player in the deal. Do you know how big his contract would have to be for that to happen. Would have to be close to 5-6mil, assuming Newbles contract is around the 1.5-2mil mark.

There's no one else in the entire team that the Kings should be interested in. They have young guys with little potential, old guys who aren't good and aren't actual veterans, and Lebron James, who's never going to be traded.

2. This would be helping the Cavs out immensly, after everyone, including myself is expecting them to fail. Why would the Kings want to HELP someone out, and then trade for two losers? If anything, Kings could use someone at the guard spots, and not another skinny PF who can just rebound, and nothing else.

3. There's no Credibility behind this, so shut up.

4. Stop posting the same topic over and over again. We all know that the Cavs are probably interested in Bibby only because there's no other PG that actually wants to go there. But, do we have to reminded of this with the same topic every ****ing week? Find something else to plagiarize!
AtTheDriveIn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 04:47 AM   #4
Lebron23
Most Valuable Player

Lebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by qrich
It's a blog, doubt any of it is true. Not saying it won't happen, but I won't put an ounce of credibility on a blog. Could just be a fan trying to start something, or one typing it up and hoping he's right so he can call himself an insider later on.

I do not think that Daniel Gibson can start in 82 games next season, he is a grear player coming off the bench but i cannot see him being our PG. Gibson is good playing the Vinnie Johnson, BJ Armstrong, Steve Kerr and John Paxon role in our team.

I think Bibby really fits our team who lack a true Pg identity beside he can hit those outside jumpers while driving into the whole he will just passed the ball to Lebron James.

Mike Bibby at age 28 yrs.old wants to play for a winning team,he does not want to waste his prime playing for a lottery team like the Sacramento Kings.
Old 08-11-2007, 04:51 AM   #5
AtTheDriveIn
04'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebron23
I do not think that Daniel Gibson can start in 82 games next season, he is a grear player coming off the bench but i cannot see him being our PG. Gibson is good playing the Vinnie Johnson, BJ Armstrong, Steve Kerr and John Paxon role in our team.

I think Bibby really fits our team who lack a true Pg identity beside he can hit those outside jumpers while driving into the whole he will just passed the ball to Lebron James.

Mike Bibby at age 28 yrs.old wants to play for a winning team,he does not want to waste his prime playing for a lottery team like the Sacramento Kings.

Man, you think Scottie Pippen is a good fit for your team, despite playing the same position as James, and being pretty much the same player, but much older, and with much less skill (now).

Bibby isn't a true PG. He's a shoot-first PG who would take shots away from Lebron. Lebron is terrible without the ball in his hands though, which is something the Cavs should look at fixing up. It's shown every time he gets out on the court. Once the ball is out of Lebron's hands, he's out of the game completely. He doesn't know how to play without the ball, and Bibby would just make him look terrible with being a Shoot-first type guy and all.
Old 08-11-2007, 04:53 AM   #6
qrich
King Heno

qrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebron23

Wow man hold your horses. Never said Boobie would start 82 games, if your trying to imply that. I'm not saying Bibby would be a bad fit, nor anything along the lines, just pointing out a blog should not be considered credible at any point in time. Unless of course, it's an official blog.
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 04:59 AM   #7
Lebron23
Most Valuable Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by qrich
Wow man hold your horses. Never said Boobie would start 82 games, if your trying to imply that. I'm not saying Bibby would be a bad fit, nor anything along the lines, just pointing out a blog should not be considered credible at any point in time. Unless of course, it's an official blog.

Unless some miracle happen and Boobie Gibson start to be a pass first PG in this league, I cannot see the Cavaliers breaking the 50 win mark beside Danny Ferry, Mike Brown and Mr. Gilbert are idiots for thinking that having the same old lineup will take us to the next level.

Danny Ferry is not even charismatic enough to convince other team to make some decent trade and our talent scout we could have sign some Free Agents in the market.
Old 08-11-2007, 05:18 AM   #8
BradMiller52
Kings fan

BradMiller52 has an OK reputation so far

ATDI: Mike might be a shoot 1st guy but he can DEFINITELY play without the ball in his hands. When the Kings ran the Princeton O he can off screens, got himself open then waited for the 3, hit shots on the break, etc. He's not really a 1 on 1 guy honestly.

Also the only way I do this deal is if the Cavs include Gibson. That's the ONLY way. Otherwise I'm not even close to saying yes.
BradMiller52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 05:38 AM   #9
bigkingsfan
Gif-ted

bigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradMiller52
Also the only way I do this deal is if the Cavs include Gibson. That's the ONLY way. Otherwise I'm not even close to saying yes.
So you wouldn't do it for Lebron?
bigkingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 05:47 AM   #10
BradMiller52
Kings fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigkingsfan
So you wouldn't do it for Lebron?

Gibson>>>LeBron:)
Old 08-11-2007, 06:28 AM   #11
AtTheDriveIn
04'

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradMiller52
ATDI: Mike might be a shoot 1st guy but he can DEFINITELY play without the ball in his hands. When the Kings ran the Princeton O he can off screens, got himself open then waited for the 3, hit shots on the break, etc. He's not really a 1 on 1 guy honestly.

You misunderstood. Lebron can't play without the ball, not Bibby. Lebron is the main ball handler for the Cavs, and that all changes with a standout PG (top 5 in years before) like Bibby. Lebron is terribly weak at running without the ball.

Out of curiosity, why would you want Gibson anyway? He hasn't really shown any sign of potential to be a great player, unless potential to you means ability to shoot a few shots.
Old 08-11-2007, 01:44 PM   #12
Showtime
Hardwood Hero

Showtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation here

Kings signed Moore, and he is added to the frontline that Sac already has:

SAR
KT
Miller
Hawes
Williams

Why would they trade Bibby and get Krusty? If Sac was to make a deal that includes a big man from another team, it would have to also include a big man leaving Sac.
Showtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 01:56 PM   #13
wally_world
M0derator

wally_world has decent reputationwally_world has decent reputation

yeah thats the prob... Cavs wanna get rid of one of their big men for a PG... Bibby's a perfect candidate but the Kings have a long list of big men... sigh...
wally_world is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 02:48 PM   #14
IGOTGAME
NBA All-star

IGOTGAME has a near all-star reputation hereIGOTGAME has a near all-star reputation hereIGOTGAME has a near all-star reputation hereIGOTGAME has a near all-star reputation hereIGOTGAME has a near all-star reputation hereIGOTGAME has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtTheDriveIn
Man, you think Scottie Pippen is a good fit for your team, despite playing the same position as James, and being pretty much the same player, but much older, and with much less skill (now).

Bibby isn't a true PG. He's a shoot-first PG who would take shots away from Lebron. Lebron is terrible without the ball in his hands though, which is something the Cavs should look at fixing up. It's shown every time he gets out on the court. Once the ball is out of Lebron's hands, he's out of the game completely. He doesn't know how to play without the ball, and Bibby would just make him look terrible with being a Shoot-first type guy and all.

the thing is the ball could still be in Lebron's hands...Bibby can just spot up and hit shots...Bibby knows how to move without the ball very well
IGOTGAME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 03:26 PM   #15
BradMiller52
Kings fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtTheDriveIn
You misunderstood. Lebron can't play without the ball, not Bibby. Lebron is the main ball handler for the Cavs, and that all changes with a standout PG (top 5 in years before) like Bibby. Lebron is terribly weak at running without the ball.

Out of curiosity, why would you want Gibson anyway? He hasn't really shown any sign of potential to be a great player, unless potential to you means ability to shoot a few shots.

That doesn't really have to change though. Mike can run off the ball and LeBron can pass it out to him when he's open. Mike can spot up at the 3 point line. Stuff like that. Mike's a good fit for LeBron IMO. Then when LeBron's out Mike can be the main ball handler.

I'd like Gibson because he showed some nice defensive skills in the POs(locked Chauncey down) and he's better than who we have right now at PG. He's still young with a lot of room to improve and he's clutch. I know right now he's pretty much a spot up shooter but I dunno, call me crazy but I think he could end up doing like 15/7 or 17/6 in the future with some good D. That's a good fit for the Kings IMO because he's kind of big for a PG so he can play some D to go with Martin(who can stay in front of pretty much everyone with his quickness but he gets overpowered because he's not too strong yet sometimes).

I'd probably be happy with expirings+Gibson and maybe a pick(since it'll be a late 1st anyway). Expirings/short contracts so we have cap space by 2009 like Petrie said he wants a couple weeks ago and some young talent is good IMO.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: