Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 08-11-2007, 03:17 PM   #1
Lebron23
GOAT Small Forward

Lebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Dirk Nowitzki explored the meaning of life

Quality Time with the Shot Doctor

By Johannes Berendt
Posted Aug 10 2007 12:24PM

Quote:
Nowitzki is spending the summer getting over the disappointment of a first-round exit to the Warriors.

Dirk Nowitzki's quest to overcome one of the biggest disappointments of his life

We've got a question for you.

Which NBA player spent the summer backpacking in Australia searching for the meaning of life?

Back home, he is now having severe issues with his mother over his haircut.

"She desperately wants to send me to the barber," the beloved son moaned. "I am almost 30 but my mother treats me as if I was 12. I guess mothers have to be like this."

To make matters worse, someone nicknamed the Shot Doctor is currently torturing our friend in a small gym.

It is located in the tiny city of Wuerzburg, Germany.

Please meet the 2007 NBA MVP Dirk Nowitzki in his quest to overcome one of the biggest disappointments of his life — the first-round playoff exit against eighth-seeded Golden State.

"That was extremely disappointing, just as the Finals loss to Miami one year ago," Nowitzki revealed in an interview with German Sportbild magazine. "But that doesn't mean that everything we did in Dallas was bad."

Nowitzki would not be one of the best basketball players on the planet if he hadn't received some special tutoring from mentor Holger Geschwindner. And you could bet that the Shot Doctor would come up with a special holiday treatment.

"We toured five weeks through Australia, New Zealand and Tahiti. With a rucksack. That was about the only place in the world where nobody would recognize me and I could move somewhat freely," Nowitzki stated. "At Ayers Rock a few tourists noticed me but the trip was just right to clean my mind."

Down under, the Dallas Mavericks star was looking for answers.

"I have been exploring the sense of life. I haven't entirely found it yet but I will keep looking," he said with a smile.

He won't have too much time to answer philosophical questions in the next weeks as he is shaping up for that will be a busy summer. Germany are among the favorites to win the European Championships in Spain, and Nowitzki will join his fellow countrymen for their preparations on August 14. The Dirkster has set the bar high — he is eager to win qualification for next year's Olympic Games.

"For every athlete there is no bigger thing than the Olympics. For me that's right behind the NBA title," he said.

And to be in top shape, Nowitzki is currently undergoing gruelling drills from long-time coach and mentor Geschwindner. "It's very exhausting."

Still, Dirk is enjoying the summer. "Yes (I do), even though I am so exhausted after the workouts that I can barely move. But I happily accept the full-service treat from my mother. My training clothes easily fill a washing machine. I'm glad she takes care of that. She is even ironing my shirts".

http://www.nba.com/news/nowitzki_070810.html

- Dirk I applaud your story and i hope for a better season next year.
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 03:19 PM   #2
IGOTGAME
NBA All-star

IGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Dirk Nowitzki explored the meaning of life

So instead of working on a post game this is what he does??? goes back to the guy that wouldnt let him play in the post...

Mavs first round exit again...book it
IGOTGAME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 03:22 PM   #3
AppleNader
Cornell Basketball=#1

AppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputation

nice, just what Dirk needs. Some p&ssy wasting his summer by helping him explore the "meaning of life"
AppleNader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 03:39 PM   #4
jackjohnson
Banned

jackjohnson has an OK reputation so far

I love the hate on this thread. i guess he should have spent his time instead rehearsing for the ESPYs like Lebron..
If dirk were black everyone would have loved this article.
of course it was dirk's fault his teammates couldn't score when he was being triple teamed...people are just idiots.
jackjohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 03:43 PM   #5
IGOTGAME
NBA All-star

IGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackjohnson
I love the hate on this thread. i guess he should have spent his time instead rehearsing for the ESPYs like Lebron..
of course it was dirk's fault his teammates couldn't score when he was being triple teamed...people are just idiots.

well i guess you missed all the topics questioning what Lebron has been doing all summer...

Dirk gets shut down by the Rockets, Heat and Warriors and each year he does nothing to address the problem..Add a post game, dont just keep working on your jumper...Dirk has a great work ethic but is he applying it right by going back to the dude that wouldnt let him post up...
Old 08-11-2007, 03:44 PM   #6
AppleNader
Cornell Basketball=#1

AppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputation

Quote:

You mean guarded by 6'8'' Stephen Jackson

AppleNader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 03:48 PM   #7
jackjohnson
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleNader
You mean guarded by 6'8'' Stephen Jackson

there was a quote by jackson where he said himself he wasn't really guarding nowitzki, because he was having so much help.
Old 08-11-2007, 03:50 PM   #8
jackjohnson
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
well i guess you missed all the topics questioning what Lebron has been doing all summer...

Dirk gets shut down by the Rockets, Heat and Warriors and each year he does nothing to address the problem..Add a post game, dont just keep working on your jumper...Dirk has a great work ethic but is he applying it right by going back to the dude that wouldnt let him post up...

after the 04-05 year he worked on his post game and developed that devastating high post move. but now teams are trying to take it away by doubling him up there as soon as he gets the ball. so what he has to do now is work on his low post hame
last year he worked on his passing and he became a great passer this year. Give the guy a break.
Old 08-11-2007, 03:54 PM   #9
Agent_Zero
Great college starter

Agent_Zero is considered somewhat coolAgent_Zero is considered somewhat cool

So the 7 foot German MVP who lacks a post game and recently lost to an 8 seed is spending his summer exploring the meaning of life. Now, how will this help him when the Mavs choke again next year? He'll be able to lift the team reciting holy phrases?
Agent_Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 03:54 PM   #10
R.I.P.
NBA lottery pick

R.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
So instead of working on a post game this is what he does??? goes back to the guy that wouldnt let him play in the post...

Mavs first round exit again...book it

Yeah, what a stupid idea to go back to the man that made him a millionaire and the Most Valuable Player of the Best League in the World, you moron.
R.I.P. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 03:55 PM   #11
IGOTGAME
NBA All-star

Quote:
there was a quote by jackson where he said himself he wasn't really guarding nowitzki, because he was having so much help.

there was also a quote by by the someone on the Warriors saying Dirk was scared and they could smell the fear on him...Sounds similar to what Wade was inferring
Old 08-11-2007, 03:56 PM   #12
IGOTGAME
NBA All-star

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.I.P.
Yeah, what a stupid idea to go back to the man that made him a millionaire and the Most Valuable Player of the Best League in the World, you moron.

Your the moron..dude made sure Dirkdidnt have a post game..Thats great...but he isnt the guy to guy to help dirk now..Dirk needs a post game...explin how will this guy address that???tell him to pull more fadeaways on Monta Ellis...
Old 08-11-2007, 04:01 PM   #13
icewill36
Local High School Star

icewill36 is starting to rub some people the wrong wayicewill36 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:

WTF are you talking about ? damn this site is full of idiots...

anyway....LMFAO @ dirk. dallas better make a trade for kobe or something because this guy is just never going to lead them to a title.
icewill36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 04:05 PM   #14
R.I.P.
NBA lottery pick

R.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Your the moron..dude made sure Dirkdidnt have a post game..Thats great...but he isnt the guy to guy to help dirk now..Dirk needs a post game...explin how will this guy address that???tell him to pull more fadeaways on Monta Ellis...

Listen Your moron, Ill explin it to you. Basketball is played five on five, no player can beat another team by himself and no player in the league can post up, drive, hit threes, fts, pass, block and play defense like the best player in the world, everybody has a weakness. The point is to build a team that fits together as a unit. Shockingly the Spurs have won championships without Duncan knowing how to hit a three. :rollingeyes:
R.I.P. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 04:07 PM   #15
Dodonpa
Great young streetballer

Dodonpa has an OK reputation so far

i seriously thought this was a joke topic, or the article came from some joke site until i saw the nba.com link
Dodonpa is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: