Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 08-11-2007, 08:45 PM   #1
Nym
I airball my layups

Nym has an OK reputation so far
Default Who is NBA's Biggest Bust?

Who is NBA's biggest bust?

SOme people who come to mind:

Penny Hardaway (Jordan said he would carry on his torch in an interview-right after that, Penny started sucking bad!)

Grant Hill (Biggest bust or worst free agent signing in history- or BOTH??)

Kwame Brown
(1st overall!)

Michael Olawakandi (another 1st overall!)

Sam Bowie (everyone knows this story)

Len Bias (No 2 pick...this was probably more tragic than 'bust' though)
Nym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 08:46 PM   #2
AppleNader
Cornell Basketball=#1

AppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Who is NBA's Biggest Bust?

are you an idiot? How the f&ck is grant hill a bust?
AppleNader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 08:48 PM   #3
Nym
I airball my layups

Um....he was touted as the "Next Jordan" along with Penny, for one thing...
Old 08-11-2007, 08:49 PM   #4
AppleNader
Cornell Basketball=#1

AppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nym

So the f&ck what? Many players were touted as the "next Jordan", and it's not their fault, because its the f&cking media that does it.

Look up Grant Hill's stats and accomplishments...some people even think he should be in the Hall of Fame for Christ's sake.

How the f&ck is that a bust
Old 08-11-2007, 08:51 PM   #5
Dodonpa
Great young streetballer

Dodonpa has an OK reputation so far

kwame brown
adam morrison
Dodonpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 08:55 PM   #6
Nym
I airball my layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleNader
So the f&ck what? Many players were touted as the "next Jordan", and it's not their fault, because its the f&cking media that does it.

Look up Grant Hill's stats and accomplishments...some people even think he should be in the Hall of Fame for Christ's sake.

How the f&ck is that a bust

You think I don't know Grant Hill's accomplishments? I've followed his career since 1995. Did *I* say he was a bust? He's one of my favorite players of all-time, and even now he's still one of my favorites next to D Howard and McGrady. When people talk about 'busts' his name is thrown out there, regardless of how you feel about it and whether you like it or not, so don't get a hissy fit.
Old 08-11-2007, 08:57 PM   #7
fatboy11
NBA sixth man of the year

fatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected poster

I'm not calling a guy who died before he played an NBA game a "bust". I'm calling that "tragic".

I'm not calling guys who had their primes cut short due to injuries "busts". I'm calling that "unfortunate".

I will call Kwame Brown, Michael Olowokandi, and Sam Bowie busts. I know Bowie had some injury problems, but still. He wasn't going to be that great anyway.

Throw LaRue Martin and Harold Miner in there, too.
fatboy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 08:58 PM   #8
LBJ 4 MVP
Sit yo ass down!

LBJ 4 MVP is a pretty well-respected posterLBJ 4 MVP is a pretty well-respected posterLBJ 4 MVP is a pretty well-respected poster

Kwame Brown
LBJ 4 MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 08:59 PM   #9
AppleNader
Cornell Basketball=#1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nym
You think I don't know Grant Hill's accomplishments? I've followed his career since 1995. Did *I* say he was a bust? He's one of my favorite players of all-time, and even now he's still one of my favorites next to D Howard and McGrady. When people talk about 'busts' his name is thrown out there, regardless of how you feel about it and whether you like it or not, so don't get a hissy fit.

you included him in your list of busts to be considered.

Grant Hill is not one of the NBA's biggest busts in any way, shape, or form. Do you even know what a f&cking bust is? Did he not live up to the media's expectations of being the "next Jordan?" Sure, but that's because of his injuries. If you knew as much about Grant like you claim, you would know that none of the ACTUAL busts (Olowokandi, Kwame, etc) could even begin to compare to what Grant was able to accomplish in his short prime.

Last edited by AppleNader : 08-11-2007 at 09:03 PM.
Old 08-11-2007, 08:59 PM   #10
srv_fan
I brick open layups

srv_fan has an OK reputation so far

Darius Miles and Tim Thomas are two names that immediately come to mind as very highly touted players coming out of the draft who ended up terrible. Both were supposed to redefine the forward position- too big and athletic to be guarded by small forwards, too skilled for power forwards. Both ended up barely making a splash.
srv_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 09:01 PM   #11
White Chocolate
5-time NBA All-Star

White Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputation

Roy Tarpley. Talented player, good stats, yet drugs got the best of him TWICE. This guy proves you can be a good player, yet be a bust as well.
White Chocolate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 09:03 PM   #12
Force
National High School Star

Force has decent reputationForce has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nym

Grant Hill was consistently a top player in the league until the injuries hit. He's not a bust, but his career as a whole didn't live up to what it could have if he didn't have such bad injuries. Do some research and find out about what Grant Hill could do on the court before the injury.

He averaged 26, 6 and 5 in 74 games in the 99-00 season. This was when he hit his prime. Then he got hurt.

In only his 2nd NBA season he averaged 20 points, 10 boards and 7 assists PER GAME!!! In the next 3 seasons, he averaged a combined 21, 8 and over 6 assists per game.

If you wanna talk biggest busts, there are HUNDREDS of other players that need to be mentioned before Grant Hill's name ever comes up.

I'm not even a Grant Hill fan, never was either, but ignorance needs to be corrected. He was one of the best players in the league for several years and the injuries ended him.

Even though he is a shadow of himself now, he still averaged 20 points a game just 2 years ago in 67 games for the Magic...
Force is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 09:04 PM   #13
cookiemonster
I hit open layups

cookiemonster has not been impressing people

jay williams
cookiemonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 09:04 PM   #14
Kobe24
Banned

Kobe24 is considered somewhat coolKobe24 is considered somewhat coolKobe24 is considered somewhat cool

How can Len Bias be considered a bust? Heartless...
Kobe24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 09:07 PM   #15
Nym
I airball my layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleNader
Yes, you said it yourself idiot by including him in your list of busts to be considered.

Grant Hill is not one of the NBA's biggest busts in any way, shape, or form. Do you even know what a f&cking bust is? Did he not live up to the media's expectations of being the "next Jordan?" Sure, but that's because of his injuries. If you knew as much about Grant like you claim, you would know that none of the ACTUAL busts (Olowokandi, Kwame, etc) could even begin to compare to what Grant was able to accomplish in his short prime.

Like I said - whether you like it or not, his name does get brought up in "Busts' situations- Hardaway was discussed when a NBA news host brought up about "Is Penny Hardaway NBA's biggest bust?" and just like Hill, Hardaway's career pretty much mirrors his except for the NCAA championship.

AND listen "GENIUS", because I included him on a list to be discussed, is that my opinion that he is a bust? Don't think because you call me an 'idiot' like the typical 10 year old that you are that you can for one second actually out debate me. I dare you to even try.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: