Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 08-14-2007, 06:10 PM   #1
Lebron23
Most Valuable Player

Lebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Great Sam Mitchell Moment

Dubious Raptor Moment #39
December 2004-February 2005:

Sam Mitchell physically assaults his players

Nobody likes a pu$$y especially Sam Mitchell. So when the rookie head coach remarked to Jim Todd during the team’s first practice that “there’s somethin’ faggity in the air”, you knew he wasn’t talking about Jerome Moiso’s Drakkar Noir. Mitchell was determined to turn around the culture of softness still lingering with the team from its country club days with Lenny Wilkens. He began by talking to the Raptor starting backcourt. Actually, replace “talking to” with “beating the **** out of”, and you get a better idea of this Players Coach’s style.

In two separate locker room incidents, Sam Mitchell would go on to challenge Rafer Alston to a fist fight during half-time of game in Cleveland, and wrestle Vince Carter to the ground from a trainer’s table. But Mitchell picked a fight with the wrong two Raptors, both fought back: Alston left Gund Arena crying, and Carter’s mother issued a public complaint.

http://theflagrancy.typepad.com/the_...raptor__2.html
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 06:11 PM   #2
hippos
Banned

hippos has decent reputation
Default Re: Great Sam Mitchell Moment

Sam Mitchell: "If I was a male reporter in a female locker room, I would conduct my interviews lying on the ground."
hippos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 06:16 PM   #3
LJJ
Extra Cheese

LJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Nice copy and paste work of old news.

As far as dubious Raptors moments go, This one is even better:

http://theflagrancy.typepad.com/the_...aptor__14.html
LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 06:18 PM   #4
Lebron23
Most Valuable Player

Lebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Sam Mitchell Quotes

“Just handling certain situations different, being more patient,”

“I just know how to deal with the players different now. You've got to learn as a coach, and especially first year with new players, which buttons to push, and how to push them, and when to push them.”

“You learn. If you're not capable of learning year to year, you don't last long.”

“You ask me how many game we're going to win, I'll tell you at the end of the season. I'll tell you in April.”

“Right now, everyone's going to predict different teams and they should. San Antonio, Miami, those teams on paper have guys stronger. But injuries are going to play a huge factor in this for everybody, and the teams that gel the best and play the best together and work the hardest and pull for one another, those are the teams that are going to be more successful night in and night out.”

“We're going to simplify a lot of the things that we do because we are young, we're going to try to get as good as we can in a few things and not try to be mediocre in a lot of things. I think if we can do that, we'll have some success.”

“Do we want to win? Of course, every time we step on the floor and play,”

We just didn't make shots, ... Thirty-nine per cent, it's hard to win. I feel that we're a better shooting basketball team than what we [showed]. They shot 61 per cent in the first half and we're up three. Go figure.”
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: