Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Washington Wizards Forum

Washington Wizards Forum Washington Wizards forum - Washington Wizards message board

Old 08-18-2007, 07:23 AM   #1
RapsFan
Great college starter

RapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Why are people sleeping on the Wiz?

On the main boards, there are playoff prediction threads. On my home board, there are these threads as well, and more often then not, the wizards are left out of the playoffs!! This is usually in favour of keeping the Raps, Magic, Knicks, Bucks at the 8th spot. (assuming the Cavs, Bulls, Pistons, Heat, Nets, Celtics are all locks). I put the Wizards as an absolute lock.

Why are people thinking this! I think the Wiz will be a top seed...let alone miss the playoffs! Gil is in a contract drive, so is Jamison. Their euro rookie big man from last years draft is playing this year (and he's good), Nick Young too.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if the Wizards made it to the finals. I think that if Gil and Butler were healthy last year, they would have beat the Cavs and made the finals potentially.

What is the view in Wizards nation?
RapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 03:07 PM   #2
Agent_Zero
Great college starter

Agent_Zero is considered somewhat coolAgent_Zero is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Why are people sleeping on the Wiz?

Whoaaaaaaaaaa. Slow your horses. Finals? Not yet. ECF? Likely. We had all the right pieces to make it to the ECF last year, if we just stayed ****ing healthy. But noooooooo. We could have beat Lebron. One cohesive unit can own one player who can't shoot for **** surrounded by overpaid contracts and over achievers. Then we would face the Nets. I say we get that win as well. Then the Pistons, who he normally do good against. All I can say is, if God let the Cavs beat the Pistons, then we all know the Wiz could have done it as well. But it's 50/50. I wouldn't bet on it.
Agent_Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 06:56 PM   #3
RapsFan
Great college starter

RapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected poster

I Agree, I agree. Last years post season was different then this seasons will be I think. Not saying the Wizards are making the finals (they could), but I am mostly saying that I think it's NUTS to actually make eastern conference predictions and NOT include the Wizards....which many people are doing!?!?
RapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 08:14 PM   #4
Agent_Zero
Great college starter

Agent_Zero is considered somewhat coolAgent_Zero is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapsFan
I Agree, I agree. Last years post season was different then this seasons will be I think. Not saying the Wizards are making the finals (they could), but I am mostly saying that I think it's NUTS to actually make eastern conference predictions and NOT include the Wizards....which many people are doing!?!?

it's not that crazy. we aren't THAT great of a team but the east is so weak that we could definitely sneak in there.
Agent_Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 10:58 PM   #5
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

Chamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputation

In my opinion, the Wizards are a 15/10 low post player away from being the hands down best team in the East. (Depending on how the Celtics depth chart looks on opening day)
Chamberlain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 11:37 AM   #6
elz
Dylan spits hot fire!

elz has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chamberlain
In my opinion, the Wizards are a 15/10 low post player away from being the hands down best team in the East. (Depending on how the Celtics depth chart looks on opening day)

yall got the same issue NJ

great wing players with sub par big men
and not enough cap space to get the player you need

I like the Wizards a lot of people do
but your not a threat until you get that big man
elz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 01:42 PM   #7
Sean77
High School JV MVP

Sean77 has an OK reputation so far

It's okay, let them talk. If the Gil and Caron were healthy, we would have went through the Cavs. With everyone healthy, Wiz can beat any team any time, we've proven that the last two years. People in here know that, but are hating anyway. Especially the Kobe fans, they don't want to face the fact their boy Kobe got burned checking Gil in LA when he put up 60. Yes, Kobe gets the nod for best player, but ask any player in the L and they'll tell you it's unwise to sleep on any of the Big Three. And the playoffs let everyone know Jamison still be the man and can take it over if he has to, he just takes takes a back seat by choice to the young stars.
Sean77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 01:03 PM   #8
berraco
Darko The Ripper

berraco has decent reputationberraco has decent reputation

I agree the Wiz will make the playoffs but I'm not pretty sure of them being a top seed. For me, the Wizards being a top seed means they win the Southeast. This can really happen if Arenas and Butler stay healthy this year. But it could be really tough for them if Miami have Wade and Shaq in shape (although knowing that Shaq is declining and that without Kapono and Posey Miami is less powerful) and it has to be seen what happens with Orlando after this summer's movements. I think Chicago and Detroit will be above the Wiz, but I could see the Wiz above Toronto, Cleveland and maybe Boston/NJ (not sure who will win the Atlantic if their key players stay healthy this year) so assuming they don't win the SE a 5th/6th seed is almost ensured.
berraco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 08:06 PM   #9
WuTangWizard
Local High School Star

WuTangWizard has an OK reputation so far

I don't understand it at all. I'm not predicting going to the finals but they should win the division with Miami losing players and Shaq getting older(Orlando doesn't scare me). I'm thinking either a 3rd or 4th seed for the Wizards, but no lower. Then hopefully they can get to the ECF and we can see what happens from there.
WuTangWizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 09:34 AM   #10
barito
I airball my layups

barito has an OK reputation so far

Dont worry well prove da doubters wrong its always a good thing being underrated and coming out on top hopefully we get that rematch to cleveland in da playoffs haha
barito is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: