Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 08-21-2007, 05:52 AM   #1
clipps
Good college starter

clipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputation
Default Chase Budinger

I think he's gunna be a really good NBA player. He's athletic, a good shooter, determined, a hard worker, wants to win, wants to get better. I like this prospect. with his upcoming sophemore season coming, it gives him another season in college under his belt, a chance to improve anything he needs to work on and get stronger. I think he'll end up going #5 in next years draft after Rose, Mayo, Beasley, and Batum.

Any thoughts?
clipps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 10:32 AM   #2
Interminator
Banned

Interminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: Chase Budinger

He'll surely be a Clipper if yall dont land a Top 5 Pick but i doubt he will enter this year's draft because he really doesnt need the money and he isn't at his best yet

3 People Surely Entering The Draft:
OJ Mayo
Michael Beasley
Nic Batum

I highly doubt Rose will put himself through the battle against Mayo up to Draft Day and the rest of their careers,I definetly see him entering the 2009 Draft

2 Names that could creep up the board into the high lottery:
Deandre Jordan
Andrew Ogilvy
Interminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 12:08 PM   #3
clipps
Good college starter

clipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputation

If he's available around the 6th-10th pick of the draft(where I believe the Clippers will end up drafting), I would really like to see the Clippers draft Chase. I know that he isn't a PG, but with Cat getting older, the Clippers can use a young, talented 2 guard. And if Livingston can make a decent comeback, that would definitely help the Clippers at the PG position, and also, I think Jared Jordan will be a sleeper and I hope the Clippers sign him to a contract.
Old 08-21-2007, 12:17 PM   #4
Interminator
Banned

Interminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by clipps
If he's available around the 6th-10th pick of the draft(where I believe the Clippers will end up drafting), I would really like to see the Clippers draft Chase. I know that he isn't a PG, but with Cat getting older, the Clippers can use a young, talented 2 guard. And if Livingston can make a decent comeback, that would definitely help the Clippers at the PG position, and also, I think Jared Jordan will be a sleeper and I hope the Clippers sign him to a contract.
Clippers WILL have a Top 5 Pick,more likely even Top 3,possibly #1
There aren't even 2 worse teams than LAC right now,I know you're a fan but sometimes you have to accept reality and realize your team has been passed by every other team in the West and 14/15 teams in the East

anyways Buddinger would be a good pick-up but he doesn't have consistent offensive skills to make an impact immediately,hes all athleticism and potential right now
Old 08-21-2007, 12:26 PM   #5
clipps
Good college starter

First of all, being one of the worst teams in the league doesn't guarantee a top pick. Memphis and Boston know from first hand experience. Second. Maybe top 10 was a little too optimistic, but I shouldn't get flamed for thinking the Clippers are the 6th worst team in the league
Old 08-21-2007, 12:28 PM   #6
Interminator
Banned

Teams worse than LAC:
1.Indiana
2._______
3._______
4._______
5._______

You do the favor
Old 08-21-2007, 12:40 PM   #7
clipps
Good college starter

In no particular order(other than Indiana)

Sonics
Wolves
Bobcats
Sixers
Old 08-21-2007, 03:22 PM   #8
PrinceOthaPalace
I hit open layups

PrinceOthaPalace has an OK reputation so far

I like his hops and i wouldn't be suprised if he went pro in volleyball too
PrinceOthaPalace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 03:56 PM   #9
PK3434
Good Golly!

PK3434 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by clipps
In no particular order(other than Indiana)

Sonics
Wolves
Bobcats
Sixers

Bobcats have a chance to be decent.
PK3434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 01:58 AM   #10
monthh
Local High School Star

monthh has an OK reputation so far

If he is around they go with Batum, if not they go with Rose, Mayo, or Budinger. No matter what they improve their backcourt.

And this is far fetched, but I would like to see Darren Collison and Brandon Rush in the backcourt together. If the Clippers could trade down and pick up both, I think they would be a good future tandem. Throw in Al Thorton and you have 3 solid (but not spectacular players meaning your other forward and center will need to be stars to be contender) players who can help lead this team back into the playoffs.
monthh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 07:42 PM   #11
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

baseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

budinger is great... could see him as a good 3 some day or maybe 2... can improve outside shot and toughness... everyone knows he can fly in the air
baseketball4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 08:39 PM   #12
clipps
Good college starter

The Clippers don't look great right now, but their possibilities for the future looks great. Clippers are pretty much gunna have a top 5 draft pick. Maybe the Clippers will do better than expected, maybe they won't. But most realistic scenerio is the Clippers get a decent draft pick probably between 3-6 or 7 (depending a lot on whether or not they get screwed like Boston and Memphis did) and sign a veteran FA. The Clippers will get cap relief next summer from Cassell, Maggette, Livingston, and a few other players that have smaller contract. I think the Clippers should draft the best one available regardless if the player's a 1 or 2. I know the Clippers will have problems at PG, but the Clippers can always s&t Maggette for a decent PG. And I'm sure Maggette's stock will rise because of the season he's about to have. Or maybe the Clippers will get lucky and the Wolves will fet the #11 pick or worse in the draft and then the Clippers can really have a nice, young front court. IMO, the best situation the Clippers would be in is if the Clippers ge the #1 and then the wolves #11, they use the #1 on Derrick, and for some reason, Chase drops down to the 11th pick, the Clippers draft him. The Clippers get 3 nice players in Rose, Budinger, and Thornton, and also Elton Brand if the Clippers keep him. A potential starting line-up of Rose, Budinger, Thornton, Brand, and Kaman looks really nice.

Or instead of that, the Clippers draft Mayo with the #1 and then Collison with the #11 and build a future around Mayo, Collison, Thornton, and maybe Brand.

Or if the Clippers get only 1 pick from the draft, they can draft Rose, and sign Gilbert and with a starting line-up of Rose, Gilbert, Thornton, Brand, and Kaman, the Clippers will be ready to start winning again immediately.
Old 08-23-2007, 11:28 PM   #13
jazz12
Banned

jazz12 has an OK reputation so far

Chase Budinger is going to be a very good player... I read something a while back from one of his coaches who coached a ton of really good players which included Carmelo Anthony among others, the coach said he was better than all of them at that point in time to where they were. He said he had the most potential out of everyone he's coached including Melo, that's a pretty strong statement as to what Chase can be.

What's good about Chase is his work ethic... There is one problem with him though and it's he's not selfish enough... He's always trying to get his teammates involved, he needs to get a little more selfish. If it wasn't for Durant and Oden last year, Budinger would have been talked about more, really good freshman year... Had something like 16 5 and 2 a game while being very efficient in shooting the ball. With his athleticism, size (6'8"), skillset, and work ethic, I think he'll be a star in the NBA sometime soon. I think he's a top 5 pick for sure and with a good sophmore season (I expect him to contend for national player of the year) he could go as high as the first pick.

Anyways, he's a very rare player... by far the best dunking white guy ever lol... The kid can absolutely fly, and that's just one of his many talents. Definitely needs to improve his defense which I'm sure he will.

PS
I'd like to see the trailblazers, sonics, or raptors land him :)
jazz12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 01:10 PM   #14
skan72
Deep dick pizza

skan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterskan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterskan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterskan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterskan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterskan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterskan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterskan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterskan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

It'd be nice if the Raps could land him, but they'd have to tank to land a draft pick for him, or trade for one.
Budinger is very talented, and wasn't Michael Jordan very impressed with him? But I guess he drafted Kwame Brown so that doesn't say too much. He's going to be a very special player with the work ethic and athleticism he has, I'm just excited to see him in college next year and then the L after that.
skan72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 02:38 PM   #15
ndPac
Serious playground baller

ndPac is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Chase is good, I go to UofA so I've seen him play every game. .Lute said when he brought him in that he was his "best recruit ever". . I think this season is gonna be a huge indicatior of where he will go. if hes imporved alot hell move up, but if he didnt improve he'll fall. .
I expect him as of now to go around 15th overall, unless he has a huge breakout year. . Hes a great shooter and has a good midrange game, can really score from anywhere. but hes very timid and kind of just lets the game come to him, he hasnt really shown that he can take over a game yet and create for himself, but hopefully thats whats he improved this year. . And his defense is also horrible thats his biggest problem rigght now. . .But look for UofA to have a big year this year with Chase Hill and Jared Bayless. . .and next season if they all stay and play with incoming Brandon Jennings its Final Four time!!
ndPac is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: