Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Clippers Forum

Los Angeles Clippers Forum Clippers message board - clippers fan forum

Old 08-29-2007, 07:03 PM   #1
qrich
King Heno

qrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Clippers Sign Ruben Patterson

Quote:
The Los Angeles Clippers today signed free agent forward Ruben Patterson. Per team policy, terms of the deal were not released.

A nine-year NBA veteran, Patterson is coming off a successful 2006-07 season in Milwaukee, where he established new career-highs by averaging 14.7 points, 2.9 assists and 31.4 minutes per game. Patterson appeared in 81 games for the Bucks, equaling a career-high while also tying his career-high with 5.4 rebounds per game. Patterson shot 55 percent from the field last season, his highest field goal percentage as a pro.

“We are thrilled to add Ruben to our team,” Clippers Vice President of Basketball Operations Elgin Baylor said. “Ruben plays hard every single night. He is an aggressive defensive player and has a real enthusiasm for the game. He gives 100 percent every game.”

Quote:
“I am really excited by our signing of Ruben Patterson,” Clippers head coach Mike Dunleavy said. “He is a great competitor. I have always admired the intensity he brings from game to game. His versatility will help improve our team.”

Link

Wow, like I said, a move was bound to happen, but this wasn't expected. I guess we have our backup SG now. Does that make 14 on the roster not counting Korolev?Cl
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 07:19 PM   #2
adiedanny
Die Hard Clippers Fan

adiedanny has decent reputation
Default Re: Clippers Sign Ruben Patterson

I know Patterson is not at a point in his career where he signs a training camp contract so it has to be a gauranteed contract but what is the term? I think he will be perfect on our team. A defender that can score and bring energy off the bench.
adiedanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 07:30 PM   #3
dab0yech0
3 Ball like Piatkowski

dab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation here

With the Bucks signing Yi, does this mean bye bye to Corey?
dab0yech0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 08:21 PM   #4
qrich
King Heno

qrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dab0yech0
With the Bucks signing Yi, does this mean bye bye to Corey?

I don't really see how it could mean that because Yi can't be dealt for 30 days now. However, this Patterson signing makes me thing if a trade is in the works that will ship Corey/Cuttino/Thomas or even Thornton out of town, if not Quinton Ross. Right now, our depth chart looks like this:

PG: Sam Cassell | Brevin Knight | Shaun Livingston
SG: Cuttino Mobley | Ruben Patterson | Guillermo Diaz
SF: Corey Maggette | Quinton Ross | Al Thornton
PF: Tim Thomas | Josh Powell | Elton Brand
CE: Chris Kaman | Paul Davis | Aaron Williams

Ok, we have 15 contracts, so I guess Jordan won't be signed and Korolev is a goner even after he agreed. Pretty weird situation were in. Have to wait and see.
Old 08-29-2007, 09:01 PM   #5
dab0yech0
3 Ball like Piatkowski

dab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by qrich
I don't really see how it could mean that because Yi can't be dealt for 30 days now. However, this Patterson signing makes me thing if a trade is in the works that will ship Corey/Cuttino/Thomas or even Thornton out of town, if not Quinton Ross. Right now, our depth chart looks like this:

Ok, we have 15 contracts, so I guess Jordan won't be signed and Korolev is a goner even after he agreed. Pretty weird situation were in. Have to wait and see.

Unless Stern is going to grant us an injury exception and let us carry 16 or 17 players which is unlikely but I really hope is the case.
dab0yech0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 09:14 PM   #6
hutcht02
Mr. Basketball

hutcht02 has an OK reputation so far

Wow. I'm thrilled with this FA pick-up to say the very least. We've all been lobbying all summer for the front-office to pick-up a back-up SG. Patterson is a great addition to the team. I saw his against the Clippers in Milwaukee last year and I was really impressed. He actually impressed me more than even Michael Redd (mostly because Redd didn't play very well). His defense enabled the Bucks to make a comeback run and he was very physical and knew how to score. I think he can definitly find a good deal of minutes on the Clippers this year. The thing I'm most eager to see now is who doesn't make the roster. Does the signing of Patterson lessen the probability of Jared Jordan playing for the Clippers next year? Did Patterson take Korolev's spot? What about Aaron Williams' spot? Did Diaz get jipped by this signing? All things to ponder and look out for.

Last edited by hutcht02 : 08-29-2007 at 11:08 PM.
hutcht02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 09:19 PM   #7
qrich
King Heno

Quote:
Originally Posted by dab0yech0
Unless Stern is going to grant us an injury exception and let us carry 16 or 17 players which is unlikely but I really hope is the case.

16 COULD be a possibility because I believe Denver got that granted when they had injuries a few years back if I'm not mistaken. 17 is asking for too much unless we have another key player out.

Quote:
Does the digning of Patterson lessen the probability of Jared Jordan playing for the Clippers next year?

I think the chances of JJ being on the roster ended when Diaz was signed, because I've said either him or Diaz would make the team, and Guillermo is the one who made it.

Quote:
Did Patterson take Korolev's spot?

Most likely the scenario if we aren't given a 16th roster spot.

Quote:
What about Aaron Williams' spot?

This doesn't affect that at all in my opinion, but I can still see him or Davis being cut if Clippers are able to acquire a better big man via FA or if Sofoklis comes over, which I hope doesn't occur right now.

Quote:
Did Diaz get jipped by this signing?

Again a most likely case in my opinion, as I expected Guillermo to be the backup offguard, now I'm guessing Ruben has that job.

I'm just glad the FO isn't on vacation and seems like they want to tread water until EB returns, which I hope is the case.
Old 08-29-2007, 11:32 PM   #8
ebonics
Lord give me a sign

ebonics has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by qrich

that line up looks good to go. cant wait for this season.
ebonics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 01:04 AM   #9
adiedanny
Die Hard Clippers Fan

adiedanny has decent reputation

I told you guys most of our signings and trades are magical, they appear out of thin air. I really did not expect this signing but I'll take it and I think if Thomas can fill in at PF why can't a stronger tougher Patterson do the same? I can honestly see him coming in at PF and having TT switch to SF and have Maggette slide down to the SG position.
adiedanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 01:30 PM   #10
qrich
King Heno

I guess I was wrong about Ruben being used at times to spell Mobley.

Quote:
With a gaping hole in their front court caused by the injury to power forward Elton Brand, the Clippers made a stop-gap move by signing free-agent forward Ruben Patterson.

Last season, his ninth in the NBA, the 32-year-old Patterson had a career year with the Bucks, his fifth team. He played in 81 games, averaged a career-high 14.7 points, and equaled his career high with 5.4 rebounds. He shot a career-high 55% from the floor.

Brand ruptured his left Achilles' tendon earlier this month and is expected to miss at least the first few months of the season.

"I am really excited by our signing of Ruben Patterson," Clippers Coach Mike Dunleavy said. "He is a great competitor. I have always admired the intensity he brings from game to game."

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-...ck=3&cset=true
Old 08-30-2007, 01:51 PM   #11
ZeN
RichardRiderLives

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I really do hope that the clips collective defence intencifies and the hustle compared to last season increases..

With EB not being available.. its may possibly become a long season..

Even if Kaman shoud easily be better than last season and CoreyM. should be able to take over more often...

but is RubenPatt is rather old.. I hope he can keep intact and not break down on us...
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 02:39 PM   #12
lawlerslaw100
Good High School Starter

lawlerslaw100 has decent reputationlawlerslaw100 has decent reputation
Question Re: Clippers Sign Ruben Patterson

The Clippers signed Patterson for one of the two reasons or both:

Defense. Dunleavy is big on D. The addition of Patterson adds
to outside D and plus he can make steals inside which will
help Kaveman block more shots due to players lack of awareness
or even respect for Chris.

Trade in the works. The molester takes over for a allround good
power offensive player Corey Maximus Maggette. Just maybe
Yi could be dealt for Maggette with the uncertainty of a contract
signing taken away. Or there could something else in the works?

I agree the price for the Ms Bryant Molester was cheap considering
his talent but with his baggage, I am not surprised. I like the
Molester's game and Dunleavy knows it from the Jailblazer days
but as a fan, I dont like what it does to our team chemistry
and character. The Clips are harder to root for with scum on the
team. I am happy Maggette never got traded for Ron Nutcase Artest.
I am happy that the Clips didnt sign Reggie Nutgrabber Evans.

I like our core of EB, Kaveman, Sammy, Max, Livingstick, Q, Cat etc.
I like the addition of Brain Knight. I like drafting of Thornton and
Jared. I can see a mature OJ Mayo at point or 2.
lawlerslaw100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 06:05 PM   #13
ZeN
RichardRiderLives

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawlerslaw100
I agree the price for the Ms Bryant Molester was cheap considering
his talent but with his baggage, I am not surprised. I like the
Molester's game and Dunleavy knows it from the Jailblazer days
but as a fan, I dont like what it does to our team chemistry
and character.

Thats really what Im afraid of... his excess baggage...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawlerslaw100
I like our core of EB, Kaveman, Sammy, Max, Livingstick, Q, Cat etc.
I like the addition of Brain Knight. I like drafting of Thornton and
Jared.

Funny enought EB, Sammy, and ShaunLiv... are going to lack in production even if they are avaible to gain a good amount of minutes... I mean if they make it on the court, in the first place...

Knight and Thornton are the ones that give me the best reasons to hope... I cannot wait to see those guys in clipper uniform... I hope they work out..
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 02:18 PM   #14
CAYO
Serious playground baller

CAYO has an OK reputation so far

Good Signed Ruben Patterson Its Not A Sg He Is A Small Forward And I Think That Al Thorton Can Play The 4 This Is How I See The Clippers Roster

Pg Cassell - Knight- Jordan
Sg Mobley - Ross
Sf Maggette-patterson
Pf Thorton-thomas-powell
C Kaman-williams

(ELTON brand Injured)
CAYO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 02:52 AM   #15
MJ(Mean John)
The Fresh Prince

MJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAYO
Good Signed Ruben Patterson Its Not A Sg He Is A Small Forward And I Think That Al Thorton Can Play The 4 This Is How I See The Clippers Roster

Pg Cassell - Knight- Jordan
Sg Mobley - Ross
Sf Maggette-patterson
Pf Thorton-thomas-powell
C Kaman-williams

(ELTON brand Injured)

ALRIGHT.

now you guys got someone to stop kobe!
MJ(Mean John) is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: