Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 09-01-2007, 08:48 PM   #1
Jimmy2k8
NBA rookie of the year

Jimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation here
Default Have you been to a basketball camp before?

I am sure that most of ISH has been to a basketball camp, but not everybody can afford to go.

anyways if you have been to one, tell us what age and how many years have you've been going to b ball camps.

I started going to a state line basketball camp at age 9 and stopped at age 14.
Jimmy2k8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 08:50 PM   #2
RecSpecs110
Prokhorov = Badass

RecSpecs110 is considered somewhat coolRecSpecs110 is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Have you been to a basketball camp before?

I started at age 10, and I'm still going to the same camp at age 16.
RecSpecs110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 08:52 PM   #3
GOBB_Junior
Banned

GOBB_Junior is a pretty well-respected posterGOBB_Junior is a pretty well-respected posterGOBB_Junior is a pretty well-respected poster

Milo Basketball Camp that was a very long time ago when i was about 8-12 yrs.old
GOBB_Junior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 09:03 PM   #4
Samurai Swoosh
Root Of All Evil

Samurai Swoosh is a pretty well-respected posterSamurai Swoosh is a pretty well-respected posterSamurai Swoosh is a pretty well-respected poster

A ton. Sometimes 2 or 3 per summer. In H.S. you get invited to "elite" camps. When I lived in Dallas, TX ... I was invited to SMU's elite H.S. camp.

'95, '96, '97, '98, '99, '00, '01

was the consecutive span of years that I went to basketball camps.
Samurai Swoosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 09:19 PM   #5
Azzphalto
Banned

Azzphalto has an OK reputation so far

I've been to a camp before but not basketball, its for figure skating, that was a blast.
Azzphalto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 12:23 AM   #6
bleedinpurpleTwo
Another Laker Dynasty?

bleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

John Wooden b-ball camp in the late 70s.
bleedinpurpleTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 12:59 AM   #7
GOBB_Junior
Banned

GOBB_Junior is a pretty well-respected posterGOBB_Junior is a pretty well-respected posterGOBB_Junior is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedinpurpleTwo
John Wooden b-ball camp in the late 70s.

You are an old man even older than AppleNader.

I am just asking

So, Hows Basketball in the Pre Historic Era???

Last edited by GOBB_Junior : 09-02-2007 at 01:03 AM.
GOBB_Junior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 01:01 AM   #8
K.Koscik
KobendLebronRBothGood

K.Koscik is a pretty well-respected posterK.Koscik is a pretty well-respected posterK.Koscik is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azzphalto
I've been to a camp before but not basketball, its for figure skating, that was a blast.

lol......
K.Koscik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 01:02 AM   #9
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation here

The Calvin Murphy "Wiz Kidz" camp in the mid to late 90's. I was almost a member of the famous Wiz Kidz.
L.Kizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 12:47 PM   #10
clipps
Good college starter

clipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputation

A sh*tty one week camp called "Shoot for the Stars". The people that were teaching everything were the coaches and a few of the players at whichever HS the camp was held at. I was 13.
clipps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 02:35 PM   #11
B-Low
The Love B-Low

B-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I used to work at one of the Cavs camps back in the day as a counselor. It was pretty fun i guess. I taught the 1st-4th graders
B-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 03:01 PM   #12
mateo31
Go ahead, make my day.

mateo31 has an OK reputation so far

I went to a few basketball camps back in my day. I always learned a lot from them, improved my game, and camp competition was always pretty competitive.
mateo31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 04:04 PM   #13
Hawker
Banned

Hawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB_Junior
Milo Basketball Camp that was a very long time ago when i was about 8-12 yrs.old

was that camp sponsored by the drink "milo."

O, and I went to a camp in the summer btwn 7th and 8th grade for the high school. Basically a joke.
Hawker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 07:53 PM   #14
bleedinpurpleTwo
Another Laker Dynasty?

bleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB_Junior
You are an old man even older than AppleNader.

I am just asking

So, Hows Basketball in the Pre Historic Era???

ha! yup, I'm in my early 40s. seen and played a lot of ball.

btw, the Pre Historic Era of ball was by FAR the best!! The T-Rex could really post low! And the Raptors were just too quick.
bleedinpurpleTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 04:19 AM   #15
AtTheDriveIn
04'

AtTheDriveIn has an OK reputation so far

Been to a few. If anyone has 'somehow' heard of the 'Runaway Bay sporting complex', that's where the main Basketball camp is held every year for the chosen players.

It's an international complex, so there's tons of athletes from all around the world. When we went this year (March 6th till 10th) Carl Johnson was down there, as was the South African Rugby Union Squad. Also the U12 Australian World soccer side who were sharing the cabin with us, and a few others. Really great to see real pros out there training, and being able to train with them.
AtTheDriveIn is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: