Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 09-06-2007, 01:10 AM   #1
Crazy Style
Bulls official mod

Crazy Style has an OK reputation so far
Default NBA Live vs. NBA 2K

Let's vote for what basketball game is really better by voting for either Live 08 or NBA 2K8. I know the games aren't out yet, but I bet many of you have played either of the newer versions of these games. I think it would be cool to see how many votes we can get in by the time both games are on sale. Than I can count all of those who like NBA live and all of those who perfer the2k series.
Crazy Style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 01:18 AM   #2
Crazy Style
Bulls official mod

Default Re: NBA Live vs. NBA 2K

To make this fair let's have a limit of 2 votes per day. I don't know how that will be possible knowing some of these posters, but seriously.
Old 09-06-2007, 01:18 AM   #3
Crazy Style
Bulls official mod

To make this fair let's have a limit of 2 votes per day. I don't know how that will be possible knowing some of these posters, but seriously.
Old 09-06-2007, 01:19 AM   #4
bigkingsfan
Gif-ted

bigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

bigkingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 01:23 AM   #5
Crazy Style
Bulls official mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigkingsfan

Thanks, this should make things clear for all by repeating the statement again and again. Awesome!
Old 09-06-2007, 01:24 AM   #6
Crazy Style
Bulls official mod

Nba 2k8!!!
Old 09-06-2007, 01:43 AM   #7
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Necessary? Anyways, 2K. And anyone who differs in that opinion should be punished.
RidonKs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 02:13 AM   #8
RandomBalla55
Local High School Star

RandomBalla55 has decent reputation

Sorry, even if we all voted for NBA Live, NBA 2k is by far the better product. Which is what in the end really matters.

EA Sports needs to dump the NBA Franchise because their games straight out suck. PLEASE. The only good game they're making is possibly NHL '08 and MAYBE Fifa '08. NCAA '08 isn't bad though, not at all.
RandomBalla55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 09:35 AM   #9
hoopslife
I hit open 5-footers

hoopslife has decent reputation

The graphics look better in 2k8, but I have to say the dribbling, driving and shooting animations all look better on Live. No vote yet for me..
hoopslife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 10:05 AM   #10
adamcz
Bucks fan

adamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopslife
animations look better on Live.

This thread is sort of dumb. Having a vote on what's better when the Live demo only came out this morning, and nobody's played 2k8?
adamcz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 10:48 AM   #11
LJJ
Extra Cheese

LJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamcz

This thread is sort of dumb. Having a vote on what's better when the Live demo only came out this morning, and nobody's played 2k8?

It's about what series you prefer, not just the 08 editions.

I like 2k more, but that goes without saying. I'm open to other people's opinions, but not in this matter because it is so clear cut. If you pick Live you just don't know what you are talking about.
LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 10:50 AM   #12
Optimus Prime
Ringsssss

Optimus Prime has an OK reputation so far

Well, your argument is all well and good, except the OP says...

"Let's vote for what basketball game is really better by voting for either Live 08 or NBA 2K8."

So yes, he wants us to vote for games that aren't even out yet.

Given past precedence, I'll say 2K8 will be better. EA is on total cruise control.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJJ
It's about what series you prefer, not just the 08 editions.

I like 2k more, but that goes without saying. I'm open to other people's opinions, but not in this matter because it is so clear cut. If you pick Live you just don't know what you are talking about.
Optimus Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 11:04 AM   #13
LJJ
Extra Cheese

LJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimus Prime
Well, your argument is all well and good, except the OP says...

"Let's vote for what basketball game is really better by voting for either Live 08 or NBA 2K8."

So yes, he wants us to vote for games that aren't even out yet.

Given past precedence, I'll say 2K8 will be better. EA is on total cruise control.

But he also says

"I think it would be cool to see how many votes we can get in by the time both games are on sale. Than I can count all of those who like NBA live and all of those who perfer the2k series."

So he wants to see who chooses which before the games are out to see who prefer which series.
LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 11:10 AM   #14
JalenRawley
Local High School Star

JalenRawley has an OK reputation so far

The games arenít even out yet, and look at the people who already not only have an opinion on this, but have a heavily biased opinion towards one extreme. This indicates a clear lack of reasoning, understanding, and intelligence. Not shocking considering the age and maturity level of the majority of the kiddies here.

Every single complaint I have -ever- seen about the NBA Live series can easily be solved by changing the settings of the game, excluding the whole ďdunking through the backboardĒ thing, (which 2K ďsolvesĒ by having players just brick the ball off of the underside of the rim). ďThat game is so awful, Steve Nash dunks in it!Ē Change Steve Nashís dunk rating to a 0, suddenly he doesnít dunk any more. Isnít that amazing? But this is too much work for the mentally challenged children who are offended by the idea of making any sort of effort towards anything at all. All hail the mighty short attention span and lack of effort to solve a problem on your own. If you donít like the rosters, change them. If you donít like the default settings, change them. If you donít like where the buttons are, change them. If you donít like the music that comes with it, change it. But no, what -really- ends up happening is when thereís one tiny thing you donít like in a game that youíre already biased against, that game is suddenly the worst game ever. You donít need facts, you donít need experience, you donít need any information to back up your personal bias, that game just sucks, right? Mmhmm.

I personally do not like console gaming. I donít like sitting on my couch in front of the TV all of the time, Iím just not a couch potato. If I were one of the larger retarded meatheads on this board, Iím sure I would be saying things like, ďconsoles are for n00bsĒ or something similar, but thatís just not the case. Consoles arenít for morons, they just donít fit in with the way I prefer to play. The few video games I do play, I play on my PC. If the 2K series put their game out on the PC, Iíd buy it at the same time I bought Live and would play and tweak both of them until they were both set up correctly, then play the hell out it. One is only SUBJECTIVELY better than the other. If you cannot comprehend this, you probably never will. People like that remind me of the dude from Pure Pwnage (www.purepwnage.com).

To the original poster and his alt: A vote on which game is the better game wonít achieve the results youíre looking for. Youíre only going to get uninformed, biased and baseless opinions. If you want to know which game is the better game, read the reviews, find out which is geared more towards the style of basketball you like to play, and go play both of them when they come out. If you are of the mind that ďI donít need to play Live to know itís gonna suckĒ, well, we donít need to see your IQ test results to know that youíre a f*cking idiot either. People like this are absolutely worthless, donít even waste your time with them, and unfortunately threads like this dredge them up. Each game brings good things to the table, and each game has its flaws. The key is finding which game suits your style of play better, and tweaking the settings to minimize the flaws. If you think you canít set NBA Live up to be a realistic simulation, youíre wrong. If you think you canít set NBA 2K up to be an NBA Jam inspired, arcade style dunk and three point festival, youíre wrong.

Me, I'll be stuck with NBA Live whether I like it or not. If I don't like the settings, I change them. if I don't like the ratings, I change them. If I don't like the way some of the textures in the game or the players look, I snoop around and find textures to replace them with. Playing NBA Live on my system, after it's all set up, is -nothing- like playing either game directly on a console, directly out of the box. I like my game to be more of a simulation, I prefer realism. I understand that game companies have to cater towards a general audience, not to my specific requirements. Games are designed with the lowest common denominator audience in mind. If you pop a game in and don't need to change a single thing, congratulations, -you- are the lowest common denominator.
JalenRawley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 11:21 AM   #15
adamcz
Bucks fan

adamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cool

There are lots of things that cannot be fixed with settings. Fludity of animations (not just how good each animation looks, but the flow from one to the next), intelligence of the computer controlled players, atmosphere, depth of features (especially dynasty mode and online leagues).

Also lots of people like to play online against other players - in this setting you can't tweak anything and have to play with the defaults.
adamcz is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: