Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 09-07-2007, 04:00 PM   #1
Jimmy2k8
NBA rookie of the year

Jimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation here
Default anybody remember Slava Medvedenko?

Does anybody on this board remember Slava Medvedenko? Pretty well known Former Laker player that played a role in the 2004 nba season.

Slava Medvedenko highlights.

I totally forgot that Medvendenko was a good role player for the Lakers, sadly he was waived due to injury in 2006 nba season.

So is there still a place for this kid?
Jimmy2k8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 04:03 PM   #2
DoubleTech
NBA lottery pick

DoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: anybody remember Slava Medvedenko?

weird topic... i never think about the guy but he didn't leave so long ago as to make anyone completely forget about him.

and from what i remember he was a shoot 1st, 2nd or 3rd unit player that as you mentioned, had injury problems.

probably a spot for him on the lakers...
DoubleTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 04:06 PM   #3
billybadass
I hit open 5-footers

billybadass has not been impressing people

he works at dell now
billybadass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 04:08 PM   #4
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I loved him and hated him at the same time. I'll always remember that game (against the Spurs I think, can't remember exactly though) where he went something like 8-9, all on midrange jumpers. He really couldn't miss that day, even a few of them created by himself over defenders.

Mind you, that's all he really could do. A slightly tougher (not much) version of Brian Cook.
RidonKs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 04:09 PM   #5
Kobe24
Banned

Kobe24 is considered somewhat coolKobe24 is considered somewhat coolKobe24 is considered somewhat cool

I remember reading Phil Jackson's last season and there was a quote that was hilarious from Kobe on how we was gonna opt out and take Slava with him.

" I'm done and I'm taking Slava with me"

Something like that.

Good shooter, I can't describe his passing though because he never did pass. Pass it to him and the ball ain't coming back.
Kobe24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 04:09 PM   #6
qrich
King Heno

qrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Wasn't he supposed to be packaged with George and someone else for KG?

But seriously, he was an ok player, but shouldn't be more of a 10 minute player if he does get signed.
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 04:15 PM   #7
LakerRaider
Great college starter

LakerRaider has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy2k8
Does anybody on this board remember Slava Medvedenko? Pretty well known Former Laker player that played a role in the 2004 nba season.

Slava Medvedenko highlights.

I totally forgot that Medvendenko was a good role player for the Lakers, sadly he was waived due to injury in 2006 nba season.

So is there still a place for this kid?

The Los Angeles Lakers were established as a team back then and he wasn't the focal point which is why there wasn't so much attention on him. His role was small and was only expected to perform and do little things, that's why when he played well, it was a big deal, because the focal point wasn't around him and he wasn't expected to contribute as much as he did sometimes.

As time went on, and as Shaquille O'Neal was traded and the whole roster changed, his role changed and he was expected to do more and he probably couldn't handle it. The pressure really got to him I guess. I think he passed out in an elevator due to back problems or vertigo.

Somebody might as well make a video about Samaki Walker and Tracy Murray.

Last edited by LakerRaider : 09-07-2007 at 04:17 PM.
LakerRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 04:52 PM   #8
shok
Decent playground baller

shok has an OK reputation so far

At first it seems like a joke, then in comes Limp Bizkit and you KNOW it's gotta be a joke.

I bow down to whomever put all that Slava footage together albeit some recycled throughout.
shok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 07:17 PM   #9
kobelamarjackson
High School JV MVP

kobelamarjackson has an OK reputation so far

atlanta signed him last season
kobelamarjackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 07:18 PM   #10
Richie2k6
Smooth Like Butter

Richie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

http://youtube.com/watch?v=j9VZ-JrMV5k

Richie2k6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 07:23 PM   #11
Jimmy2k8
NBA rookie of the year

Jimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobelamarjackson
atlanta signed him last season

He's a free agent now. he only played for the Hawks for the remainder of that season.
Jimmy2k8 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: