Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 09-10-2007, 08:08 AM   #1
Valiant Valor
Banned

Default With Kobe's weight loss, and LeBron's improved J...give a stab at their '08 statline

I think both these players are on a mission. Kobe knows he's approaching the apex of his physical talents, and LeBron knows people like MaxFly want to hold his Finals sweep forever against him.

With that, Kobe lost an amazing 20 lbs and LeBron gained 10 lbs while remaining as sleek as ever. Both players have obviously put in a lot of work the last three months. What will they do this year, statistically speaking?

From watching the raw talent both players dispalyed during the Americas tourament, it looked like LeBron was by far the better of the two players. But will that translate to the season? Who knows? But here is my best guess on what they will do this season with the playing talent around them:

Kobe: 33 ppg, 4 apg, 5 rpg, 1.8 spg, and most importantly, I expect him t shoot the highest percentage of his career at 48%

LeBron: Bottmline, he will be the MVP, and here's how he will do it...30 ppg, 6 apg, 7 rpg, 2.5 spg, all at a robust 51% shooting clip

Sound about right?
Valiant Valor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 08:15 AM   #2
chains5000
From Out Of Nowhere

Default Re: With Kobe's weight loss, and LeBron's improved J...give a stab at their '08 statl

Getting 3 ppg more while shooting 51 % (as opposed to 47-48%? ) this year seems a bit too much.
And as for 2.5 steals per game, well, this year's top stealers:

Baron Davis 2.91
Josh Howard 2.17
Stephen Jackson 2.0
James Posey 2.0

Don't you think getting 2,5 is a bit unrealistic?

As for the apg and rpg, he'll get the numbers you think.
chains5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 08:32 AM   #3
Valiant Valor
Banned

Default Re: With Kobe's weight loss, and LeBron's improved J...give a stab at their '08 statl

Quote:
Originally Posted by chains5000
Getting 3 ppg more while shooting 51 % (as opposed to 47-48%? ) this year seems a bit too much.
And as for 2.5 steals per game, well, this year's top stealers:

Baron Davis 2.91
Josh Howard 2.17
Stephen Jackson 2.0
James Posey 2.0

Don't you think getting 2,5 is a bit unrealistic?

As for the apg and rpg, he'll get the numbers you think.
What?

LeBron has already posted 31, 7, 6, 1.8 on 48% two years ago. To believe he could do it at 51% is not far fetched at all.
Old 09-10-2007, 08:37 AM   #4
chains5000
From Out Of Nowhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valiant Valor
What?

LeBron has already posted 31, 7, 6, 1.8 on 48% two years ago. To believe he could do it at 51% is not far fetched at all.
Didn't he shoot less threes then?
And about the spg, you really think he'll get that much?
Old 09-10-2007, 08:37 AM   #5
Manute for Ever!
Bol'd over

Quote:
What?

Is it 51% so it looks like he will hit more than half of his shots?
Manute for Ever! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 08:40 AM   #6
3stat2
Local High School Star

Default Re: With Kobe's weight loss, and LeBron's improved J...give a stab at their '08 statline

If Kobe still plays for the Lakers, I think something around 33/5rb/4.5ast is possible, at 46-47% shooting.

As for Lebron, I think 31.5/7.5rb/6.5ast at 49% shooting is possible. He was doing almost everything for his team when he put up 31/7/6 a few years ago - so I just don't think there are many more stats to be had, unless he becomes more selfish and looks to score more.
3stat2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 09:09 AM   #7
Valiant Valor
Banned

Default Re: With Kobe's weight loss, and LeBron's improved J...give a stab at their '08 statline

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3stat2
If Kobe still plays for the Lakers, I think something around 33/5rb/4.5ast is possible, at 46-47% shooting.

As for Lebron, I think 31.5/7.5rb/6.5ast at 49% shooting is possible. He was doing almost everything for his team when he put up 31/7/6 a few years ago - so I just don't think there are many more stats to be had, unless he becomes more selfish and looks to score more.
It'll be a byproduct of being more efficient, not selfish.

chain5000, I just see his floor game game being all around more polished. I think he's learned greatly from the Finals, and he'll use it as a learning tool just as he did the ECF loss to the Pistons two years ago. I'm mean, you're talking about a guy that does not lose on a consisten basis. He's always won at a high level, and shown growth each year of his basketball existence. I want to even say he'll do 32-34 a game, but that'll have to wait till he's a 80+% free throw shooter. I don't expect that to come till he's 25 or so.
Old 09-10-2007, 09:17 AM   #8
chains5000
From Out Of Nowhere

Quote:
It'll be a byproduct of being more efficient, not selfish.

chain5000, I just see his floor game game being all around more polished. I think he's learned greatly from the Finals, and he'll use it as a learning tool just as he did the ECF loss to the Pistons two years ago. I'm mean, you're talking about a guy that does not lose on a consisten basis. He's always won at a high level, and shown growth each year of his basketball existence. I want to even say he'll do 32-34 a game, but that'll have to wait till he's a 80+% free throw shooter. I don't expect that to come till he's 25 or so.
If he hits 80+% from the free throw line he'll get insane ppg
Old 09-10-2007, 09:35 AM   #9
gb8
Extra Cheese

Kobe. 36pts 5.5 boards 5.2 assists, all nba defense, possibly dpoy candidate.

Lebron. 30 pts. 7 boards, 6.5 assists. MVP Candidate.
gb8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 09:44 AM   #10
RoseCity07
NBA Legend

I think Kobe will average about 27 or 28 PPG this year. He will have games where he scores insane amounts, but then games where he isn't involved at all to drop his average. LeBron will probably score 30ppg because Cleveland sucks and he is there best scorer.
RoseCity07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 11:54 AM   #11
Make It Rain
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoseCity07
I think Kobe will average about 27 or 28 PPG this year. He will have games where he scores insane amounts, but then games where he isn't involved at all to drop his average. LeBron will probably score 30ppg because Cleveland sucks and he is there best scorer.
So you think LeBron will score more than Kobe? Has that ever even happened?

I'm thinking:

Kobe: 33ppg 5.5rpg 5apg 46%

LeBron: 28.5ppg 7rpg 6apg 49%
Make It Rain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 12:07 PM   #12
Valiant Valor
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Make It Rain
So you think LeBron will score more than Kobe? Has that ever even happened?

I'm thinking:

Kobe: 33ppg 5.5rpg 5apg 46%

LeBron: 28.5ppg 7rpg 6apg 49%
These two players will never be separated by a 4.5 point differential. And that'll especially be the case as LeBron matures. If Kobe puts up 33, you can be rest assurred Lebron will do 30, atleast.
Old 09-10-2007, 12:11 PM   #13
chains5000
From Out Of Nowhere

Quote:
These two players will never be separated by a 4.5 point differential. And that'll especially be the case as LeBron matures. If Kobe puts up 33, you can be rest assurred Lebron will do 30, atleast.
It can go both ways... the lakers have nothing to do this year, so expect kobe to do his best to get the only title he has a shot at.
Old 09-10-2007, 12:15 PM   #14
adamcz
Bucks fan

Michael Redd has also shed a lot of weight. He's working out with a trainer for the first time ever, and dropped from a very chubby 19% body fat down to 12%. He's hoping to get to 10% before the season starts.
adamcz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 12:17 PM   #15
C.Michael.Murray
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamcz
Michael Redd has also shed a lot of weight. He's working out with a trainer for the first time ever, and dropped from a very chubby 19% body fat down to 12%. He's hoping to get to 10% before the season starts.

Who's that? He probably isn't any better than Skillz from One Tree Hill.
C.Michael.Murray is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: