Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Atlanta Hawks Forum

Atlanta Hawks Forum Atlanta Hawks message board - atlanta hawks fan forum

Old 09-15-2007, 06:59 AM   #1
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation
Default Who should start at PG initially?

Anthony Johnson? Speedy Claxton? Tyronn Lue? Or go right to the kid acie law?
insidehoops is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 07:57 PM   #2
idizzle
Good college starter

idizzle is considered somewhat coolidizzle is considered somewhat coolidizzle is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Who should start at PG initially?

I think the Hawks should try to let Speedy play the point again cause it really wasn't his fault that he was injuried most of the season cause he tried to tell the doctors during the summer before the season about his knee and the doctors said they couldn't find no damage to his knee and when the season was over with he end up going to Canada and they found the problem with his knee and got surgery for it. Hopefully he will be at 100% when the season starts and put 12-14pts and 5apg like he did with the Warriors and Hornets I say start Speedy.
idizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 12:51 AM   #3
JasNuggetsFan73
Can barely lace up my sneakers

JasNuggetsFan73 has an OK reputation so far

i think they shud start acie law at the start of the season- see what they can get from the rookie, we dont know much about him, he could be what the hawks are lookng for in a pg. depends how he handles the big league.
JasNuggetsFan73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 02:28 AM   #4
T21
I brick open layups

T21 has an OK reputation so far

Well... We all know its going to come down to Law and Claxston. I sure hope they will have some good competition during training camp and pre-season, that will eventually determine who will be our starting PG.
There are arguments for both cases... We know that Speedy never really had a chance last year because of injuries. Honestly, he deserves another chance (also our menagement and himself have something to prove, don't they?). He is running PG, who can get this team up and down the court (his biggest advantage over Acie is his experience). However, if he gets the job and comes out slow out of the starting blocks, young, confident and hungry Acie Law will be waiting ready to grab the job by the horns! Law could be our starting PG anyway... He is NBA ready, he can run the team, plus he is a great shooter (Hawks need that, and that's his advantage over Speedy) who can play along-side JJ and complement him very well (take advantage of double teams and weak-side opportunities)...
I can only say that I would like Hawks to give the chance to Acie from day-one, but he is a rookie and thats why my mind tells me Speedy will get the job... Law will get solid minutes, and eventually take over by the ASG...
T21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 04:35 PM   #5
idizzle
Good college starter

idizzle is considered somewhat coolidizzle is considered somewhat coolidizzle is considered somewhat cool

I been hearing that Salim Stoudermire could be playing more PG this season. Also the Hawks signed Mario West a 6'5 gaurd from Georgia Tech and Jamal Tatum a 6'2 guard from Southern Illinois Salukis. I was reading some stuff on Tatum and I hear he has game like Glibert Arenas. I seen Mario West play when we was at Georgia Tech he's good but he's a SG but he's explosiveand has mad hops. You think they will still around on the roster?
Old 10-06-2007, 05:18 PM   #6
marny_navis
Banned

marny_navis has decent reputation

I think they should start Acie Law along with Johnson, Smith, Horford, and Pachulia. The kids need to start now unless the Hawks want to be in the same position in two years. Horford is definitely not a starting center. They should try and get one via free agency or trade. Williams could come off the bench as a sixth man like he did in UNC. If he doesn't like that role, then trade him for a center or point guard. Claxton IMO is best coming off the bench. He did a good job starting in Golden State, but he also put up just as good of numbers coming off the bench in New Orleans. The job should be his to start, until Law is ready to take over the reins.
marny_navis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 06:48 PM   #7
Wormser

Wormser has an OK reputation so far

Speedy should (and will) start.

Until Law shows he can be an able distributor, it will be Speedy's job to lose. Law will come of the bench and play decent minutes but it makes a lot more sense for him to learn the job coming from the bench rather than with the pressure of starting. Rookie PGs almost always struggle their 1st seasons.
Wormser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 07:21 PM   #8
NBA4EVER

NBA4EVER is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNBA4EVER is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNBA4EVER is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNBA4EVER is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNBA4EVER is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNBA4EVER is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNBA4EVER is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNBA4EVER is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNBA4EVER is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNBA4EVER is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNBA4EVER is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

based on what i saw at the hawks open practice i would let tyronn lue start....he was looking great during practice and was hitting a lot of his jumpers and then you could sub in acie law if you wnated
NBA4EVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 08:52 PM   #9
NBA4EVER

NBA4EVER is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNBA4EVER is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNBA4EVER is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNBA4EVER is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNBA4EVER is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNBA4EVER is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNBA4EVER is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNBA4EVER is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNBA4EVER is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNBA4EVER is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNBA4EVER is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by insidehoops

are you a hawks fan????
NBA4EVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 04:19 PM   #10
elz
Dylan spits hot fire!

elz has an OK reputation so far

Quote:

Honestly feel the sooner they get Acie Law going the better
This is a future team, not a now team
I just feel like 2yrs from now this will be a Phx/Utah up and coming team situation.
In the long run the more you shorten his learning curve the better off the team is down the line. Convinced that he's gonna be good may struggle early but I just feel like get it out of his system. Rather than stretch it out and try to bring him on gradually, I've never seen that work. All the points that worked out got the minutes and worked through their growing pains. Hawks aren't a contender let him take his lumps and get it out of his system.
elz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 05:56 PM   #11
marny_navis
Banned

marny_navis has decent reputation

Quote:
Quote:

are you a hawks fan????

He's the administrator so he probably doesn't have a favorite team.
marny_navis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 10:13 AM   #12
wally_world
M0derator

wally_world is considered somewhat coolwally_world is considered somewhat coolwally_world is considered somewhat cool

it's gonna be close between Law and Claxton... Law should be the better player but the 1spot requires experience and stuff... so i doubt the rookie's gonna be ready to start immediately...
wally_world is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 01:17 AM   #13
ATLhawks5

ATLhawks5 has an OK reputation so far
Thumbs up Re: Who should start at PG initially?

They will probably start speedy at the begining of the season and then when acie law get used to the speed and play of the NBA he will start the rest of the regular season. If we make the playoffs they will let Anthony Johnson play a lot more because of his veteran playoff experience and knowledge.
ATLhawks5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 01:30 PM   #14
idizzle
Good college starter

According to this mornins AJC sports news I read this morning

Anthony Johnson is the starting PG.
Old 10-28-2007, 10:09 PM   #15
ZeN
Wubadubadubdub

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I think Law should get a crack at it.. early development can do wonders for an advanced player like A.C.
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: