Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Houston Rockets Forum

Houston Rockets Forum Houston Rockets message board - rockets fan forum

Old 09-16-2007, 01:00 AM   #1
JasNuggetsFan73
Can barely lace up my sneakers

JasNuggetsFan73 has an OK reputation so far
Default stevey franchise

how u guys think stevey franchise is gonna do this season?
will he start alongside Yao, T-mac?
i myself am lookin forward to see him play for houston again, brings back old memories. breakin' some ankles yeh?
do you think he will improve the Rockets this year?
JasNuggetsFan73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 04:51 AM   #2
RodmanOwnsMJ
Banned

RodmanOwnsMJ has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: stevey franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasNuggetsFan73
how u guys think stevey franchise is gonna do this season?
will he start alongside Yao, T-mac?
i myself am lookin forward to see him play for houston again, brings back old memories. breakin' some ankles yeh?
do you think he will improve the Rockets this year?

I dunno how I feel about it. I wanted this to be Skip To My Lous breakout season but it looks like Franchise is back and so Rafers gonna have to take a backseat to him.
RodmanOwnsMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 04:09 PM   #3
Pyro
Banned

Pyro has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodmanOwnsMJ
I dunno how I feel about it. I wanted this to be Skip To My Lous breakout season but it looks like Franchise is back and so Rafers gonna have to take a backseat to him.

Well Rafer stabbed 2 people this summer

He pretty much messed up his career lets see if he even is gonna still be in the league
Pyro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 08:18 PM   #4
Rockets(T-mac)
NBA sixth man of the year

Rockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputation

Quote:
I doubt Alston was going to get any better than he was. For Francis I don't know he will probably start off the season off the bench and have to prove himself before starting. He will not be the old Francis, I'm pretty sure about that, but that but if he can be healthy then I think he will be good.
Rockets(T-mac) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 09:52 AM   #5
idizzle
Good college starter

idizzle is considered somewhat coolidizzle is considered somewhat coolidizzle is considered somewhat cool

I think it all depends on training camp. If Steve Francis can out Rafer I think he will start. It would be good to see Steve start for the Rockets whether or not he can be the Steve Francis of old. This lineup would be killer.

PG-Francis
SG-McGrady
SF-Battier
PF-Scola
C-Yao
idizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 10:03 AM   #6
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation

Yeah I think francis will eventually win the starting job, since he's the best player they have at the position assuming he's good like he used to be, but I don't think it'll just be handed to him right away before training camp or preseason
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 11:28 AM   #7
i cant dunk
Kids at the park dunk on me

i cant dunk has an OK reputation so far

well as he played for new york his stats went down. so him being back in houston should be great.
i cant dunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 10:27 PM   #8
SCREWstonRockets
Houston Texan

SCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected posterSCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected posterSCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected posterSCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected poster

Steve Francis will revive his career back with the Rockets. He fell off the map ever since he got traded but that will all change. He's not going to be the same player back when he was first here, but we don't need him to be that guy. And for that, he will be a better player. He no longer needs to carry the entire team on his back.
SCREWstonRockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 02:09 PM   #9
Q.E.C
нυєy

Q.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCREWstonRockets
Steve Francis will revive his career back with the Rockets. He fell off the map ever since he got traded but that will all change. He's not going to be the same player back when he was first here, but we don't need him to be that guy. And for that, he will be a better player. He no longer needs to carry the entire team on his back.

yea thats what i was thinking. he wont be a star anymore, but he will be our third scorer. I say he would probably average about 16 ppg. he is a great addition to have. how much did we sign him for?
Q.E.C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 04:56 PM   #10
Fudge
NBA Legend

Fudge is popular on this boardFudge is popular on this boardFudge is popular on this boardFudge is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q.E.C
yea thats what i was thinking. he wont be a star anymore, but he will be our third scorer. I say he would probably average about 16 ppg. he is a great addition to have. how much did we sign him for?
Um, I think it was 6 million for 2 years.
Fudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 12:44 PM   #11
wally_world
M0derator

wally_world has decent reputationwally_world has decent reputation

i hope he can be a steady contributor... Houston doesn't need him to be a superstar and stuff... a 15/5/5 and some good D is good enough...
wally_world is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 12:36 PM   #12
ZMonkey11
YMCA Scrub

ZMonkey11 has decent reputationZMonkey11 has decent reputation

Quote:

??? followed by ?????????????????

Rafer is 31-year old man. The only thing he is about to break is his ankles when he tries to pull some crazy cross over. If he was going to have a break out season, it was two years ago when Francis left.

But back to Francis. Like most people said, he is not going to be anywhere near where he used to be. (ALTHOUGH DID YOU SEE THAT DUNK HE HAD IN THE PRESEASON?!?!? GOOD GOD!!!) He had some BIG games in New York, though. He showed he has flashes of what he used to have, and being back in Houston will surely rejuvenate him. With the offensive load lifted WAY off his shoulders from previous Houston years, I think Francis is a great pickup. This man was a competitor when he played with Houston before, and I am really glad he got reunited with Yao again.

This move makes my favorite team in the West swing back to Houston. Previously, it was Phoenix.
ZMonkey11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 08:09 PM   #13
idizzle
Good college starter

idizzle is considered somewhat coolidizzle is considered somewhat coolidizzle is considered somewhat cool

Steve Francis has a new shoe deal with a Chinese company called Anta.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...n/5223849.html

http://anta2006.en.ec21.com/product_...Shoes_Products

Check them out.
Old 10-18-2007, 10:49 PM   #14
Q.E.C
нυєy

Q.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation here

i saw them on the news. they were nice. but they don't come out in America until 2008.
Q.E.C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 10:14 PM   #15
idizzle
Good college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q.E.C
i saw them on the news. they were nice. but they don't come out in America until 2008.

I was hearing they won't availabe until 2009-2010. Damn, why he couldn't sign with And1, Nike, or Adidas.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: