Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 07-19-2006, 10:47 AM   #1
leopoldotoribio
I airball my layups

leopoldotoribio has an OK reputation so far
Default oh no! not w/ juwan howard!!!!!!!!!

please............. dont trade mihm for howard.... howard is a looser.. from his days w/ washington,dallas, houston etc.... howard can't play, he is a loser like corliss williamson, jim jackson... not a winning type kind of player....
leopoldotoribio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 12:02 PM   #2
LakerFan1086
Serious playground baller

LakerFan1086 has not been impressing people

Where did you hear this? link?
LakerFan1086 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 12:13 PM   #3
LakerzFan4Life
Decent playground baller

LakerzFan4Life has no real reputation yet.

Hes good
LakerzFan4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 12:30 PM   #4
traditionone
High school junior varsity star

traditionone has an OK reputation so far

Eric Pincus of Hoopsworld posted an article about the Lakers wanting to add another forward. He said Juwan Howard is the caliber of forward they can add. That's where this Juwan rumor began I think.

Juwan's better years are behind him. The Lakers need a scorer off the bench and Juwan was that years ago, but now, I don't think he's the answer.
traditionone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 01:21 PM   #5
LakerFan1086
Serious playground baller

LakerFan1086 has not been impressing people

Yeah Juwan does'nt seem like he would be the one to help out our front court. He's ok but he's just overpaid at this point in his career.

Though he could help us especially coming of the bench, with his experience and he does have some scoring ability.

I don't know i'm the iffy about it .. i would defenitely think about it though

Last edited by LakerFan1086 : 07-19-2006 at 01:23 PM.
LakerFan1086 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 01:22 PM   #6
Lakers_Kobe_Fan
NBA sixth man of the year

Lakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakerFan1086
Yeah Juwan does'nt seem like he would be the one to help out our front court. He's ok but he's just overpaid at this point in his career.

Though he could help us especially coming of the bench, with his experience and he does have some scoring ability.

I don't know i'm still up in the iffy about it .. i would defenitely think about it though

when houstan had Tmac and Yao out this guy was good...he was averaging 15 points and 7/8 boards..but wont work for us and to give him for mihm is too much + he has 3 yrs left
Lakers_Kobe_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 01:55 PM   #7
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Shoot if Juwan has only 1 or 2 more years on his big contract I will take him any day for the Cap relief.

Im obsessed with that.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 05:28 PM   #8
BOOHYAH310
I airball my layups

BOOHYAH310 has no real reputation yet.

Howard has a very polished "back to the basket" game....I think the Lakes would benefit from it. His production of the bench would be invaluable. He could be an inside threat because Rad isn't gonna bring that kind of game to LA.

I'd like him, but for the right price.
BOOHYAH310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 06:15 PM   #9
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOOHYAH310
Howard has a very polished "back to the basket" game....I think the Lakes would benefit from it. His production of the bench would be invaluable. He could be an inside threat because Rad isn't gonna bring that kind of game to LA.

I'd like him, but for the right price.

Hmm...a second round Pick with Devean and cook ok?
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 11:48 AM   #10
netdoc
High School Varsity 6th Man

netdoc has an OK reputation so far
Default Howard/McGrady trade

Odom/re-signed George/Mihm/2nd rounder for

Howard/Head/McGrady

Smush
Bryant
McGrady
Radman
Brown

Bench:
Head
Howard
Farmer
Walton
Williams
Turiaff
Bynum

If it works under salaries, I'd say let's do it. Bryant and Mcgrady would be the second coming of Jordon/Pippen. McGrady is much more dynamic than Odom will ever be. Aquiring Head and Howard will give us some scoring punch off the bench and will give us a lineup that would potentially get us to the WCF. Houston is wary of McGrady's gimpy back, but he'd have to do significantly less in L.A. with the help of Bryant (who he is friends with).

netdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 11:55 AM   #11
lakers4life
I airball my layups

lakers4life has an OK reputation so far
Default no juwon

howard still has 3 years left a at 20 million. no thanks, that will kill some of our cap money for next season. now jamal magloire on the other hand has 1 year left at 8.3 million. i would do a sign and trade for him with mihm and george if we're able to. i know milwuakee is shopping him around.
lakers4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 11:58 AM   #12
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

This just does not make sense to me... what does Howard bring to the Lakers and at what cost???
SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 07:01 PM   #13
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

ihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

howard is not the player he used to be but he is still a player ready to contribute...he has a decent midrange and can get a get boards...i think a trade with juwan howard, rafer alston for chris mihm, aaron mckie, sasha vujacic would be a trade thats worth considering...alston would solidify the point situation, and howard can bring a a decent midrange at the power forward position...houston would get a good back up center in mihm and expiring ocntracts in mckie and sasha...they could start luther head instead of alson bc he has better upside that alston...plus if the lakers give up mihm they could play kwame and really start to develop bynum as his back up...and play odom/howard/turiaf/cook at times at the power and have smush, alston. farmar getting minutes at point
ihatetimthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 07:45 PM   #14
qwerty
(o_0)

qwerty has decent reputationqwerty has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by netdoc
Odom/re-signed George/Mihm/2nd rounder for

Howard/Head/McGrady

Smush
Bryant
McGrady
Radman
Brown

Bench:
Head
Howard
Farmer
Walton
Williams
Turiaff
Bynum

If it works under salaries, I'd say let's do it. Bryant and Mcgrady would be the second coming of Jordon/Pippen. McGrady is much more dynamic than Odom will ever be. Aquiring Head and Howard will give us some scoring punch off the bench and will give us a lineup that would potentially get us to the WCF. Houston is wary of McGrady's gimpy back, but he'd have to do significantly less in L.A. with the help of Bryant (who he is friends with).

nice try... but no
qwerty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 09:57 PM   #15
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I dont give up Mihm in a package for Howard.... sorry, thats just too risky... While there are players I would give Mihm up for, Howard is not one of them.
SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: