Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-23-2007, 01:40 PM   #1
Don Che
I hit open 5-footers
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 271
Don Che has an OK reputation so far
Default This is Time for A Change

I dont care what People say.

It's time to trade Eddy Curry.
I said in another thread that its Zekes job to create a roster that's
1. Plays together with good chemistry
2. Plays good D.
3. Get your superstars and get players who compliment them.
4. Have some veterans throughout the roster to bring character. And allow the right young players to bring energy and a diff. drive to the game.
5. MOST IMPORTANTLY Play As 1.

WITH CURRY THIS CANNOT BE POSSIBLE- No D, No Passing, No Rebounding

Zeke haS about 4 guys that CAN be superstars with there talent and skill set.

Marbury,Eddy Curry, Zach Randolph, and (Maybe) Jamal Crawford.


Trade Eddy and Jamal for a 3 or a defensive 5 and create a cohesive Unit so Zach and Marbury can work with.

Give a young player more responsibility to give time to grow and OVERachieve rather then UNDERachieve like the knicks in the past 7 years.

Randolph Morris
Zach Randolph
AK47/Ron Artest
Quentin Richardson
Marbury

or

Samuel Dalembert
Zach Randolph
Chandler(Or Mardy at the 2)
Quentin Richardson
Marbury

My point is...Get players who allow your superstars to do what they are born to do


This 5 can play D. Run the floor. and Marbury can do what he was born to do.
Attack the opposition, Dish to the open man and dominate the ball.

Zach Randolph takes his man one on one, Rebounding beast. And the only thing he would have to add to his game is passing to the open man. He would be the first option and take the game in his own hands and he'll have a supporting cast he can trust unlike Portland.


Bench- Lee,Balkman, Sign HOUSTON,Mardy/Nate

Last edited by Don Che : 09-23-2007 at 01:47 PM.
Don Che is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 05:24 PM   #2
brooklynchild155
High School Varsity 6th Man
 
brooklynchild155's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: California
Posts: 780
brooklynchild155 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: This is Time for A Change

i disagree man. i wouldnt trade curry. there arent alot of guys who can match up with curry. and remember he is only like 25 or somethin. his best days i think are definitely in front of him. its about hard work with curry because he has all the ability to become the best center in the league.
brooklynchild155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 05:32 PM   #3
Don Che
I hit open 5-footers
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 271
Don Che has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: This is Time for A Change

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklynchild155
i disagree man. i wouldnt trade curry. there arent alot of guys who can match up with curry. and remember he is only like 25 or somethin. his best days i think are definitely in front of him. its about hard work with curry because he has all the ability to become the best center in the league.
Defense and Rebounding is natural thing. All the great centers always put effort in those areas. If Curry EVER rebs. 10 a game and gives us 1.5 bpg. That would be the biggest jump ive ever seen.

We dont need him to score cuz Zach is better scorer then he is ANYDAY.

But i understand y u guys love him. But these softies are the ones hindering us from being a playoff team.
Don Che is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 06:36 PM   #4
Da KO King
NBA sixth man of the year
 
Da KO King's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: twitter.com/RandomHoopsMike
Posts: 7,536
Da KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputation
Default Re: This is Time for A Change

The idea of dropping Eddy Curry's $9+ million contract to pick up the $9+ contract of Samuel Dalembert is just silly. Dalembert doesn't recognize what shots he can block and which ones he can't get so he ends up getting in foul trouble or giving up easy baskets to putbacks. Plus he's as bad a passer as Curry is.

Also, wouldn't it make more sense to work on Curry's understanding of rebounding since he's currently the better player of the two and makes the same amount of money?
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 11:45 PM   #5
Don Che
I hit open 5-footers
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 271
Don Che has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: This is Time for A Change

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da KO King
The idea of dropping Eddy Curry's $9+ million contract to pick up the $9+ contract of Samuel Dalembert is just silly. Dalembert doesn't recognize what shots he can block and which ones he can't get so he ends up getting in foul trouble or giving up easy baskets to putbacks. Plus he's as bad a passer as Curry is.

Also, wouldn't it make more sense to work on Curry's understanding of rebounding since he's currently the better player of the two and makes the same amount of money?
We overpay everyone so now u worry about it?
I'd rather teach him passing then teaching Curry rebounding, passing, and defense.

And i dont see it for money, i see it for chemistry. Make Randolph and Marbury better. If not Dalembert who would u guys get to make the chemistry right not the check book?
Don Che is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 01:25 AM   #6
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator
 
knickscity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Home of BullyBall!!!!
Posts: 9,264
knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: This is Time for A Change

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Che
I dont care what People say.

It's time to trade Eddy Curry.
I said in another thread that its Zekes job to create a roster that's
1. Plays together with good chemistry
2. Plays good D.
3. Get your superstars and get players who compliment them.
4. Have some veterans throughout the roster to bring character. And allow the right young players to bring energy and a diff. drive to the game.
5. MOST IMPORTANTLY Play As 1.

WITH CURRY THIS CANNOT BE POSSIBLE- No D, No Passing, No Rebounding

Zeke haS about 4 guys that CAN be superstars with there talent and skill set.

Marbury,Eddy Curry, Zach Randolph, and (Maybe) Jamal Crawford.


Trade Eddy and Jamal for a 3 or a defensive 5 and create a cohesive Unit so Zach and Marbury can work with.

Give a young player more responsibility to give time to grow and OVERachieve rather then UNDERachieve like the knicks in the past 7 years.

Randolph Morris
Zach Randolph
AK47/Ron Artest
Quentin Richardson
Marbury

or

Samuel Dalembert
Zach Randolph
Chandler(Or Mardy at the 2)
Quentin Richardson
Marbury

My point is...Get players who allow your superstars to do what they are born to do


This 5 can play D. Run the floor. and Marbury can do what he was born to do.
Attack the opposition, Dish to the open man and dominate the ball.

Zach Randolph takes his man one on one, Rebounding beast. And the only thing he would have to add to his game is passing to the open man. He would be the first option and take the game in his own hands and he'll have a supporting cast he can trust unlike Portland.


Bench- Lee,Balkman, Sign HOUSTON,Mardy/Nate

You speak of chemistry and you bring up Artest and AK47????

One believes he is the best SF in the game and the other will cry if you don't treat him like the best SF in the League.

Personally I would not trade Curry for any center who can't score.

Instead of the notion of trading Curry, how about having a sharp-shooter to make the double-teams on Curry go away???

Out of curiosity if Curry were to be traded and we were left with Zach as the main offensive weapon, couldn't you see the exact thing happening to Zach??? Double-team city all over again.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 07:24 AM   #7
Da KO King
NBA sixth man of the year
 
Da KO King's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: twitter.com/RandomHoopsMike
Posts: 7,536
Da KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputation
Default Re: This is Time for A Change

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Che
We overpay everyone so now u worry about it?
I'd rather teach him passing then teaching Curry rebounding, passing, and defense.
Sorry but trading Curry for Dalembert is just silly. Dalembert lacks basic skills. Curry just doesn't read the game fast enough. After 5 seasons, a guy finally developing an actual game is kind of rare; learning to read game situations faster isn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Che
And i dont see it for money, i see it for chemistry. Make Randolph and Marbury better. If not Dalembert who would u guys get to make the chemistry right not the check book?
Chemistry is not something you trade for. Chemistry is something that is developed over time.

For the first time in a long time the Knicks will start the coming season with the same general roster core and coaching staff as it had the previous season. That's how chemistry develops.
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 12:50 PM   #8
brooklynchild155
High School Varsity 6th Man
 
brooklynchild155's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: California
Posts: 780
brooklynchild155 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: This is Time for A Change

da ko king is right tho. u cant get chemistry by keeping on trading guys. u get chemistry by the same group of guys playing together for a while. and as for as curry goes with the rebounding and the defense. theres no skill in that aspect of basketball. its about hard work and wanting to do it. i dont believe u can teach someone to rebound or play d, its all on the player. i believe curry will be better at that aspect of the game. i am more worried about his defense because even tho curry only averaged 7 rebounds the knicks as a team was one of the best rebounding teams in the league all year long.
brooklynchild155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 01:53 PM   #9
A.M.G.
Dr. Chim Richalds
 
A.M.G.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: plane of pure scrumtrulesence
Posts: 3,595
A.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputation
Default Re: This is Time for A Change

What I want to know is how a 6'11, 285 lb center is so bad at rebounding.
A.M.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 02:14 PM   #10
brooklynchild155
High School Varsity 6th Man
 
brooklynchild155's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: California
Posts: 780
brooklynchild155 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: This is Time for A Change

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.M.G.
What I want to know is how a 6'11, 285 lb center is so bad at rebounding.

i dont think he's a bad rebounder. i just think he doesnt go after it like other guys. theres no skill in rebounding, its about wanting the ball more then the next guy.
brooklynchild155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 04:26 PM   #11
Don Che
I hit open 5-footers
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 271
Don Che has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: This is Time for A Change

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
You speak of chemistry and you bring up Artest and AK47????

One believes he is the best SF in the game and the other will cry if you don't treat him like the best SF in the League.

Personally I would not trade Curry for any center who can't score.

Instead of the notion of trading Curry, how about having a sharp-shooter to make the double-teams on Curry go away???

Out of curiosity if Curry were to be traded and we were left with Zach as the main offensive weapon, couldn't you see the exact thing happening to Zach??? Double-team city all over again.
I dont think so.
If u place 2 shooters on the floor with Zach...he wouldnt get double teamed.
And just get a big that fulfills the defensive responsibilities.

I hope they prove me wrong...But i know this team is gonna give up 104 points per game and I'm gonna curse and flip out 82 times a year cus this team has all of thier stoppers on the bench.
Don Che is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 04:32 PM   #12
skillswithaz
I bust ghosts
 
skillswithaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,219
skillswithaz has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: This is Time for A Change

I really wanted us to trade him for KG, but i don't think that's gonna happen now.

But I was thinking about this the other day.

Curry, Jones, and Robinson
for
Gasol

Seems like we're getting the better end of the deal, but the Grizzlies have a very weak bench, so it could work, and if not we could throw a pick in. Salaries work

Last year, Pau was 21/10/3. The year before he was 20/9/5.

I think he could work out well with our team.
skillswithaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 12:05 AM   #13
oldknickfan
Now there is hope!
 
oldknickfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: NY: Chumps to champs by 2012?
Posts: 1,389
oldknickfan has decent reputation
Default Re: This is Time for A Change

Curry is young and showed BIG improvement last season on offence. Wouldn't it make sense to see if he can improve in other areas this season, such as defence and rebounding?

Centers take longer to reach their full potential than smaller players. Who knows how good Curry can be with good coaching? He is a nice guy and a good citizen. Why rush to trade him? He has a big upside and still will be trade able later if he disappoints. It is not like the Knicks will get players in return that will make them champions this season. If it were Curry for Coby or KG -- you might have to jump at the deal. But for Delimbear -- you got to be kidding!
oldknickfan is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:53 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy