Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 09-29-2007, 07:54 PM   #1
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?

johndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Arenas runs mouth again: "...Boston isn't winning in Boston for the season opener."

Quote:
So anyway, since everybody is back on the Boston bandwagon it brought back old memories. So listen here. On November 2nd, weíre going to go into that building, weíre opening up Boston. Right now Iím telling the Boston fans: You guys are going to lose. Itís not going to be a victory for Boston. You might as well just cheer for me, because Boston isnít winning in Boston for the season opener. Iím sorry

http://www.nba.com/blog/gilbert_arenas.html

This guy has such an enormous chip on his shoulder it's unreal.

I hope he shoots about 2/19 trying to guarantee this promise and gets shelled. F*ck, he's annoying. Everytime I read him talking more sh*t, I'm reminded of that Adidas commercial where he talks about not being bitter. It's ironic because nobody else alive can be as bitter and harbor as huge of a grudge as this guy. Someone on the other board said Arenas should be fined $50,000 every time he makes one of these stupid guarantees and doesn't follow through.
johndeeregreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 08:00 PM   #2
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Arenas runs mouth again: "...Boston isn't winning in Boston for the season opener

Heh.

Already a topic on this. Not that I care though, the more topics about Arenas there are, the happier I am. :)
RidonKs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 08:01 PM   #3
White Chocolate
5-time NBA All-Star

White Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Arenas runs mouth again: "...Boston isn't winning in Boston for the season opener."

Now I want Boston to blow their asses out by 40 points.
White Chocolate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 08:01 PM   #4
hotsizzle
Superstar

hotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Arenas runs mouth again: "...Boston isn't winning in Boston for the season opener

haha I love that guy. How can you not?
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 08:04 PM   #5
Valiant Valor
Banned

Valiant Valor has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Arenas runs mouth again: "...Boston isn't winning in Boston for the season opener."

Now this how you appropiately title a thead.

Delete that other wack thread.
Valiant Valor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 08:05 PM   #6
Kobe24
Banned

Kobe24 is considered somewhat coolKobe24 is considered somewhat coolKobe24 is considered somewhat cool

Shame on Arenas for being exciting. We need more Tim Duncans in the league.
Kobe24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 08:06 PM   #7
jasonterry
Banned

jasonterry has an OK reputation so far

At this point, the only people who can stand the guy are the complete idiots. He's the epitome of all thats wrong with the NBA.
jasonterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 08:07 PM   #8
AI Nuggets3
Decent college freshman

AI Nuggets3 has an OK reputation so far

only a Boston fan would get upset at that. Gilbert Arenas is entertaining as hell.

no one would care about the Wizards vs Boston game if he just said "Boy i can't wait. It should be a good one!"

if you guys are offended at this you would've hated Charles Barkley back in his hey day. (i now wait for the "i remember Chuck....im 20 years old!!" posts)
AI Nuggets3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 08:08 PM   #9
jasonterry
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobe24
Shame on Arenas for being exciting. We need more Tim Duncans in the league.

this might sound completely absurd to you, but theres people out there who watch basketball for basketball, and not to see some idiot sideshow clown stealing headlines from dedicated athletes.
Old 09-29-2007, 08:09 PM   #10
Kobe24
Banned

Kobe24 is considered somewhat coolKobe24 is considered somewhat coolKobe24 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonterry
this might sound completely absurd to you, but theres people out there who watch basketball for basketball, and not to see some idiot sideshow clown stealing headlines from dedicated athletes.

Really? I watch basketball to see what celebrities are sitting front-row and also to see if their shoes match their shirts.
Old 09-29-2007, 08:12 PM   #11
hotsizzle
Superstar

hotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
At this point, the only people who can stand the guy are the complete idiots. He's the epitome of all thats wrong with the NBA.

No, whats wrong with the NBA is that they're giving out MVPs to players who cant lead their team past the 8th seed.
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 08:12 PM   #12
jasonterry
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobe24
Really? I watch basketball to see what celebrities are sitting front-row and also to see if their shoes match their shirts.

I don't see how any real basketball fan can stand this guy. He's a loser and he doesn't have respect for the game. Making bets during games, making predictions on his shot attempts---the guy is a complete joke. Pretty soon no one will be watching the NBA if idiots like him continue to dominate the headlines instead of guys like duncan, dirk, and garnett who respect the game.
Old 09-29-2007, 08:14 PM   #13
jasonterry
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotsizzle
No, whats wrong with the NBA is that they're giving out MVPs to players who cant lead their team past the 8th seed.

You're so stupid it actually bothers me. Yeah, a guy who leads a team to 67 wins with no other all stars isn't a legit MVP...
are you just plain stupid or do you play dumb to get a rise out of other posters here?
Old 09-29-2007, 08:14 PM   #14
mountaingoat
Decent playground baller

mountaingoat has an OK reputation so far

sounds like he's having fun to me. not really a chip on the shoulder statement.
mountaingoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 08:14 PM   #15
Kobe24
Banned

Quote:
I don't see how any real basketball fan can stand this guy. He's a loser and he doesn't have respect for the game. Making bets during games, making predictions on his shot attempts---the guy is a complete joke. Pretty soon no one will be watching the NBA if idiots like him continue to dominate the headlines instead of guys like duncan, dirk, and garnett who respect the game.

How is he not respecting the game? By having fun?
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: