Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 10-05-2007, 01:52 PM   #1
Los Angeles
A Diamond In the Rough

Los Angeles has an OK reputation so far
Default Which Superstar

Do you want the least on your team, and the most on your team.

Superstars

Kobe Bryant
Tim Duncan
Dwayne Wade
LeBron James
Steve Nash
Dirk Nowiztki
Kevin Garnett

These are really the only players I'd consider superstars in this league, so out of those 7 which would you LEAST want on your team and MOST want on your team and why.

Least: Dwayne Wade, mainly because Kobe is already playing the SG position.

Most: Kevin Garnett, I feel he'd get along great with Kobe, he's the best compliment player for Kobe in this league I think. He'll control the glass, bring emotion to the team...he can play 3 positions on the floor, versatile defender...imagine Kobe, Garnett, Walton and Odom passing the ball.
Los Angeles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 02:14 PM   #2
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Which Superstar

least Kobe, ball hog, his ego helped break up the best modern inside outside tandem and what has he done with "his" team?

Most, Timmy "fundamental" D. Good team player, makes everyone around him look better, team leader through example.

a ha didnt realize it was to add the player to the team i root for (instead of starting a hypothetical team). Still stick with my choices. Can you Imagine the pistons (as they are currently composed) with Duncan?!?! We'll even give you back Nazr for him.

Last edited by boozehound : 10-05-2007 at 02:38 PM.
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 02:16 PM   #3
thenextgreatbigman
Banned

thenextgreatbigman has an OK reputation so far

i'll take them all.
thenextgreatbigman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 02:33 PM   #4
ForceOfNature
In It to Win It

ForceOfNature has a terrific reputationForceOfNature has a terrific reputationForceOfNature has a terrific reputationForceOfNature has a terrific reputationForceOfNature has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Los Angeles
Do you want the least on your team, and the most on your team.

Superstars

Kobe Bryant
Tim Duncan
Dwayne Wade
LeBron James
Steve Nash
Dirk Nowiztki
Kevin Garnett

Least: Dirk Nowitzki - Chokes under pressure, not a great leader, and not much defense in his game. Rebounds well, but needs to score inside more and less outside.

Most: Tim Duncan - Perfect championship builder. Plays the power forward position perfectly really. Does not have a weakness in his game. Well.... maybe free throws.
ForceOfNature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 02:34 PM   #5
kwajo
Missing Since 2009

kwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation here

On my team?

Most: Duncan. Can you imagine Duncan/Gasol as your frontline? With the shooters Memphis has? Goodnight competition.

Least: I'm going to say Dirk. Not because he isn't great, but because I couldn't stand to hear people complain about a player on my team as much as they complain about Dirk.
kwajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 02:38 PM   #6
picc84
3-time NBA All-Star

picc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation here

Least: Dirk. Reasons should be obvious.

Most: Nash. Most unstoppable backcourt in HISTORY. Watching would be a privilege.
picc84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 02:42 PM   #7
new noise
madvillain

new noise has an OK reputation so far

Least: Dirk, unfortunately.
Most: I'll go out on a limb and say Nash, just because no one else has.
new noise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 02:48 PM   #8
Darkess
High School Varsity 12th Man

Darkess has not been impressing people

Most: Kobe Bryant

Yeah, a Jazz starting 5 of Deron, Kobe, AK-47, Boozer, Okur... I'll take that

Least: Dirk, for the reasons stated before
Darkess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 02:59 PM   #9
Pyro
Banned

Pyro has an OK reputation so far

Least - Dirk Nowiztki

Most - Lebron James
Pyro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 03:00 PM   #10
jasonterry
Banned

jasonterry has an OK reputation so far

least-lebron. dominates the ball, can't shoot, blows on defense
dirk-creates tons of mistmatches, only takes 17 shots a game, great help defender
jasonterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 03:04 PM   #11
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonterry
least-lebron. dominates the ball, can't shoot, blows on defense
dirk-creates tons of mistmatches, only takes 17 shots a game, great help defender
isnt dirk already on your team jet?
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 03:09 PM   #12
picc84
3-time NBA All-Star

picc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by boozehound
isnt dirk already on your team jet?

Maybe he's talking about the GS series. Having Dirk would have been nice there. :
picc84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 03:12 PM   #13
bomber
Good college starter

bomber has decent reputationbomber has decent reputation

Least Kobe We have Ray and Paul no need for a third super wing.

Most KG/TD I guess Duncan would make more logical sense but its not realistic and we DO have KG so I'm happy about that.
bomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 03:12 PM   #14
jasonterry
Banned

jasonterry has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by picc84
Maybe he's talking about the GS series. Having Dirk would have been nice there. :

lol. i have to admit that made me laugh. I guess if i had to choose a guy among that list to be with dirk it would Wade. The last guy I'd want would still be Lebron
jasonterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 03:17 PM   #15
LBJ 4 MVP
Sit yo ass down!

LBJ 4 MVP is a pretty well-respected posterLBJ 4 MVP is a pretty well-respected posterLBJ 4 MVP is a pretty well-respected poster

Most - Nash, we need a PG and there is none better than steve nash.
Least - I would take any of them but if there is someone I want the least its probably Dirk.
LBJ 4 MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: