Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 10-07-2007, 03:51 PM   #1
catzhernandez
I love me sum Bird!

catzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default When is Yao Going to Take the Next Step???

So we are going into the sixth year of the Yao dynesty and he's yet to win a playoff series... so my question is... when is Yao gonna be the dominant force he SHOULD BE by now? look at this lol embarassing

http://youtube.com/watch?v=NW5YrHPJs94

http://youtube.com/watch?v=zDAiu9LXO6A

http://youtube.com/watch?v=McMXBOAqFcM

http://youtube.com/watch?v=4RKpnAkmE9o that 1 is a classic i remember watching that game hahahahaha

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ufaEmuRCHIU

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Trkzcuhp4xA
catzhernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 04:00 PM   #2
catzhernandez
I love me sum Bird!

catzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: When is Yao Going to Take the Next Step???

Quote:
Originally Posted by BULLS
Yao has a 90% chance of winning MVP this year.

omg HOW????!!!!
Old 10-07-2007, 04:05 PM   #3
brantonli
In Morey We Trust!

brantonli has an incredible reputation herebrantonli has an incredible reputation herebrantonli has an incredible reputation herebrantonli has an incredible reputation herebrantonli has an incredible reputation herebrantonli has an incredible reputation herebrantonli has an incredible reputation herebrantonli has an incredible reputation here

25 and 10 isn't dominating enough? I admit, Yao got his fair share of trouble, especially in the playoffs when he let Mehmet Okur defend him very well ( ) but he still had a load of points. The problem with the Rockets last year was that we had a grand number of good bench players- Luther Head. That was it. Bonzi had gone off in a huff, and the next best player was Kirk Snyder or Juwan Howard, and of course he showed up in the playoffs. To be honest, I've got no idea how the Rockets won 52 games with the type of players they had, it's just mystifying. You see the Jazz, they've got Williams, Boozer and Okur, you look at the Nuggets, Carmelo, Iverson and Camby, and you look at the Rockets, Yao Ming and Tracy Mcgrady, and then? Uhhhh, Shane Battier? Great help.
brantonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 04:07 PM   #4
catzhernandez
I love me sum Bird!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brantonli
25 and 10 isn't dominating enough? I admit, Yao got his fair share of trouble, especially in the playoffs when he let Mehmet Okur defend him very well ( ) but he still had a load of points. The problem with the Rockets last year was that we had a grand number of good bench players- Luther Head. That was it. Bonzi had gone off in a huff, and the next best player was Kirk Snyder or Juwan Howard, and of course he showed up in the playoffs. To be honest, I've got no idea how the Rockets won 52 games with the type of players they had, it's just mystifying. You see the Jazz, they've got Williams, Boozer and Okur, you look at the Nuggets, Carmelo, Iverson and Camby, and you look at the Rockets, Yao Ming and Tracy Mcgrady, and then? Uhhhh, Shane Battier? Great help.

btw 52 games was an amazing thing... especially with Yao out half the season

lmao u guys are right on this one... kudos sir, u guys are right... but i just dont know if he has the leadership qualities that a dominant BIG should but imo you guys are right on those last two posts
Old 10-07-2007, 04:40 PM   #5
IGOTGAME
NBA All-star

IGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputation

the problem with Yao is that when properly gameplaned for there are a bunch of ways to take him out of a game... PLus his movs are predictable, he is like a robot out there...Just ask Okur, he knew exactly what move he was gonna do and when throughout the whole series,..Even said it on national tv and Yao couldnt adjust..
IGOTGAME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 04:49 PM   #6
ronron15
High School Starter

ronron15 is considered somewhat coolronron15 is considered somewhat cool

i got mix feelings for Yao

he played well during regular season but didnt do well in playoffs

hes tall but he cannot grab rebounds for his height

he got dunked on many times
ronron15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 04:52 PM   #7
TMac&Luther
Karl Malone's bastard

TMac&Luther is considered somewhat coolTMac&Luther is considered somewhat coolTMac&Luther is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
the problem with Yao is that when properly gameplaned for there are a bunch of ways to take him out of a game... PLus his movs are predictable, he is like a robot out there...Just ask Okur, he knew exactly what move he was gonna do and when throughout the whole series,..Even said it on national tv and Yao couldnt adjust..

It's called not having a legit PF. Utah had three big bodies they could throw at Yao (Okur wasn't the only guy defending Yao.....it was a combination of Okur, Boozer, and AK) and nobody to keep bodies off of him. Why do you think Houston fans have been griping and begging for a PF for years? Hakeem was at his best when he had Otis Thorpe next to him. Luis Scola if he's the real deal is going to help Yao's game out greatly......he should keep bodies off of him. A Center's best friend is another big body down low. Most dominant teams either have a dominant center and a decent PF or a dominant PF and a decent center...........Houston has never even had a decent PF, hopefully Scola is that guy.

and as for as people saying "when is Yao going to take the next step and be dominant".......did you watch Yao pre-injury last year? The only thing that's going to keep him down is injury.

Last edited by TMac&Luther : 10-07-2007 at 04:55 PM.
TMac&Luther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 04:57 PM   #8
catzhernandez
I love me sum Bird!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMac&Luther
It's called not having a legit PF. Utah had three big bodies they could throw at Yao (Okur wasn't the only guy defending Yao.....it was a combination of Okur, Boozer, and AK) and nobody to keep bodies off of him. Why do you think Houston fans have been griping and begging for a PF for years? Hakeem was at his best when he had Otis Thorpe next to him. Luis Scola if he's the real deal is going to help Yao's game out greatly......he should keep bodies off of him. A Center's best friend is another big body down low. Most dominant teams either have a dominant center and a decent PF or a dominant PF and a decent center...........Houston has never even had a decent PF, hopefully Scola is that guy.

and as for as people saying "when is Yao going to take the next step and be dominant".......did you watch Yao pre-injury last year? The only thing that's going to keep him down is injury.

that's what i was saying , pre-knee injury last year, Yao looked great, but like i said he just looks bored out there and seems like he just takes what the defense will give him...idk about scola we'll see...otis thorpe was even an all-star one time lol... just thought i'd remind u guys
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: