Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 07-20-2006, 09:41 PM   #1
bleedinpurple
Decent college freshman

bleedinpurple has an OK reputation so far
Default would you trade Kwame for Steve Francis?

Kwame, McKie, and Cook
for
Francis

the math works and NY would do it, I think. Unless you believe Kwame is going to improve, then it's a trade worth considering.
bleedinpurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 09:47 PM   #2
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

ihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedinpurple
Kwame, McKie, and Cook
for
Francis

the math works and NY would do it, I think. Unless you believe Kwame is going to improve, then it's a trade worth considering.

no way...i dont think its worth the risk...francis has 3 years and a ton of cash left on his contract...next year we will have a lot of cap space to make real moves and i dont think francis is worth the risk...cant really see him playing well along with kobe...francis hogs the ball way too much which is why he has bounced from team to team...hes not a triangle player...he needs to be running the court...he will also be demanding the ball as much as kobe which is also a bad thing...kwame has upside and lakers have no big men..easy choice to not trade for him
ihatetimthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 09:54 PM   #3
bleedinpurple
Decent college freshman

Yea, Francis has a negative rap. But, in his defense, he wanted out of Orlando badly because he didnt want to be in a rebuilding situation. He was not happy there. Houston loved him, but they had the opportunity to trade him for a disgruntled TMac...they had to do it.

he only has 2 years on his contract. He is running out of opportunities to prove he is a winner. I think he really wants to win. He's a big PG who could fit nicely in Phil's system. It's really an attitude issue.

plus, I'm not a believer in Kwame's upside. I'm afraid what we see is what we get.
Old 07-20-2006, 10:00 PM   #4
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

ihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

im not really sold on the fact that isaiah will trade franicis for kwame...last thing they need is another big guy to develop...curry and frye are enough as is
Old 07-20-2006, 10:04 PM   #5
bleedinpurple
Decent college freshman

Frye is a power forward and they just lost Jackie Butler

but Francis IS a risk even though he has a lot to prove.
Old 07-20-2006, 10:10 PM   #6
ZHAKIDD532
#hellobrooklyn

ZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat coolZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat coolZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat cool

Doubt it, that would be a bad move...
ZHAKIDD532 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 01:33 AM   #7
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Francis would be OK for the triangle and hes also proven,

HOWEVER. His attitude I would hate to have under a great coach like phil.

Besides, the thing with francis. he goes to a place, gets bored of it, then starts playing crappy after a while.

thats why I wouldnt want him.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 12:43 PM   #8
LakerzFan4Life
Decent playground baller

LakerzFan4Life has no real reputation yet.

No we shouldnt give away halft the team for a fallen star..
LakerzFan4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 12:57 PM   #9
qwerty
(o_0)

qwerty has decent reputationqwerty has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedinpurple
Kwame, McKie, and Cook
for
Francis

NY would do it.

no they wouldn't. they already have curry and frye as projects. and Isiah isn't that stupid
qwerty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 02:46 PM   #10
dandaman
Can barely lace up my sneakers

dandaman has an OK reputation so far

odom rarely shot last year
wit Francis odom will ave like 4 shots a game
don't make the move
odom is showing improvement
dandaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 02:59 PM   #11
Kobe24
Banned

Kobe24 is considered somewhat coolKobe24 is considered somewhat coolKobe24 is considered somewhat cool

Why would we do that?
Kobe24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 03:36 PM   #12
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

We wouldnt.

There was that one ridiculous rumor in the all star break last season about trading Odom for Francis and it was said we were aggressively pursuing him.

After that lakers completely denied even thinking about it. Besides Francis is a rival to us, they way he kept complaining against Lakers in the playoffs when he was still in houston.

I Hated him after that and he will not help Kobe at all with his shoot first attitude.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 04:13 PM   #13
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

i dont know a guy in the league whose value has dropped so quickly...he was an up and comming star with the rockets and lets not forget he was even trading for TMAC..which shows his value a few years ago...now no one but the knicks would take him...his value is below even role players at this point
Old 07-21-2006, 05:08 PM   #14
ggnehm
Can barely lace up my sneakers

ggnehm has an OK reputation so far
Default That would be a travesty

It isnít a matter of is Brown going to get better. He got better as last session went on. His name was even tossed about for most improved player. This thread is way out in left field. ďThe franchiseĒ like a previous bloger said he is a falling star. He left the Rockets and they got better. He was shipped out of Orlando and the Magic got better and went on a long winning streak. He is a shoot first guard WE DONíT NEED THAT ON THE LAKERS. I will say it now and some may not like it but I would be willing to bet we are looking at next yearís roster. We maybe able to swing a trade for Chris or Cook but I would not hold my breath and Iím fine with that we have a young team with a good amount of talent to develop.
ggnehm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 05:51 PM   #15
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

i think enoughs been said about this topic...theres no way we would take on francis
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: