Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Memphis Grizzlies Forum

Memphis Grizzlies Forum Memphis Grizzlies forum - Memphis Grizzlies message board

Old 10-14-2007, 08:30 AM   #1
bruzzes
I brick open layups

bruzzes has an OK reputation so far
Default Starting Guards?

Who are the two starting guards for Memphis this year?

How much playing time for Lowry, Conley and Navarro?

I know it's early, but which guard will get more minutes?
bruzzes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 08:51 AM   #2
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Kebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Starting Guards?

Well, you forgot Stoudamire who is still the first option as of now. Navarro will be spending most of his time at the 2 and will play the 1 only some of the time. But out of the three, it's hard to determine who will get more minutes, all three of them show great signs of being great players in the future but I think Navarro will be seeing more minutes just because of his experience.
Kebab Stall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 01:14 PM   #3
artificial
:-P

artificial is a pretty well-respected posterartificial is a pretty well-respected posterartificial is a pretty well-respected poster

Stoudemire and Miller will probably start. They're the veterans in the team and stuff.

But it's important to notice the starters won't necessarily play the most minutes. Stoudemire is old as a mummy and depending on how Conley / Lowry develop, they might frequently have more pt than Damon even if they don't start. Miller has his off nights, and if Navarro happens to be hot at that time, he will probably play more than Mike.
artificial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 04:55 PM   #4
bruzzes
I brick open layups

bruzzes has an OK reputation so far

Thanks...

I didn't forget Damon, just that I am more excited by the three I mentioned.

The little that I've seen of Lowry, last year and preseason, so impressed me that I am looking forward to his progress this year.
bruzzes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 09:16 PM   #5
jailer
MillionDollarException

jailer has an OK reputation so far

Yeah Its gonna be a weird year.We have three point guards and navarro.Who is a combo.Were packe at the guard.Which is good.But not much playing time around.
jailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 03:16 AM   #6
berraco
Darko The Ripper

berraco has decent reputationberraco has decent reputation

Navarro will play very few minutes (if any) the point. I only see him playing that spot in special moments when the Grizz need a lot of 3point threats to recover some disadvantage.
I think at the beginning of the season Damon will have more minutes than Lowry and Conley. Depending on how they evolve, and how the team performs, one of the two could end up playing the "starter" minutes, I see Lowry with more chances.
In the two, Miller will play more than Navarro (although I personally JC is better) because he earned last year and Navarro needs time to adapt to the league.
berraco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 03:34 AM   #7
wally_world
M0derator

wally_world is considered somewhat coolwally_world is considered somewhat coolwally_world is considered somewhat cool

the rook and Mike Miller
wally_world is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 12:54 PM   #8
justafan
I airball my layups

justafan has an OK reputation so far

i did not want to strat a new thread but do you guy think conley should take over the team now because youth is the way grillies is head it
justafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 01:13 PM   #9
berraco
Darko The Ripper

berraco has decent reputationberraco has decent reputation

I think it is Lowry's time, more than Conley. And in fact Lowry is playing more minutes than any other PG, even if Damon starts every game. Conley should take the backup job, though. Now the three are sharing a lot of minutes, so none of them seem to be really getting the coach's confidence.
My feeling is that Damon should be traded to give these two young guys the playing time they need to evolve their game. Having Mark Price in the coaching stuff should be enough for them as a teacher. But it is just a personal feeling.
berraco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 01:01 AM   #10
la bomba
Local High School Star

la bomba has an OK reputation so far

Finally Navarro given the time he deserves and boom! 8-9 3s! 28 points!
la bomba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 01:41 AM   #11
StroShow4
Certified ISHiot.

StroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

i have a funny feeling navarro earned himself some playing time tonight.. hopefully 100% of casey jacobsens time. i'm not a huge fan of either one of them to be honest because they are gunners and the grizz need some people to share the damn ball, but atleast jc makes the damn shots.
StroShow4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 05:12 AM   #12
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Kebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Wow, 8-9 from beyond the arc for Navarro. Like Stro said, I bet he gained himself some playing time. Also another 20 point game from Gay, I hope he keeps this up some time.
Kebab Stall is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: