Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 10-25-2007, 07:43 PM   #1
brooklynchild155
High School Varsity 6th Man

Default I Still Want To See Mardy Play.

if yall remember from last year i was tellin u guys he need to get playin time. whether its just a few minutes he needs to play.the other game he plays about 10 minutes and he gets 4 steals. the guy is a defensive wizard. if u give this guy minutes he can be an all defensive player in this league. the knicks cant rely on just out scorin guys. they have to be able to stop people. and plus marbury and crawford have been gettin injured these last few years. the knicks need fresh bodies WHEN they go to the playoffs.
brooklynchild155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 07:47 PM   #2
White Chocolate
5-time NBA All-Star

Default Re: I Still Want To See Mardy Play.

It's been said as long as Isiah is still coaching, this team is not going anywhere. I'd love to see Collins as a Net, abuse the Knicks, and stick it in their face. He's a hard working player, but is clearly not going to get the playing time he needs.
White Chocolate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 10:55 PM   #3
brooklynchild155
High School Varsity 6th Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Chocolate
It's been said as long as Isiah is still coaching, this team is not going anywhere. I'd love to see Collins as a Net, abuse the Knicks, and stick it in their face. He's a hard working player, but is clearly not going to get the playing time he needs.

i think he's goin to get some time. with his defensive ability he would be a waste on the bench. even if its just 10-15 minutes he has to play.
brooklynchild155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 06:51 AM   #4
oldknickfan
Now there is hope!

Collins is still trying to recover from scoped knee surgery. He had four steals in six minutes and is being played sparingly to protect him from soreness.

IT has said that Mardy is not competing for PT this preseason, because his play last year -- especially down the stretch has already proven his value.

Despite Zeke's statement to the contrary, IMHO, Nate's and Fred Jones' outstanding play in the preseason, has to factor into the equation.

The Knicks have five good-qualityguards in Marbury, Crawford, Robinson, Jones, and Collins -- even if you don't count Q-rich and Balkman into that position.

And yet you can only expect only four (1 starter and 1 sub) to get playing time at each position in each game.

So 1 of the 5 will be left out of substantial PT each game. My guess at this point is that unless someone is injured, it would alternate between Jones and Collins depending on match ups or who played better in practise.

But, that is up to IT.
oldknickfan is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: