Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Washington Wizards Forum

Washington Wizards Forum Washington Wizards forum - Washington Wizards message board

Old 10-29-2007, 06:02 PM   #1
PicturePerfect13
I hit open layups

PicturePerfect13 has an OK reputation so far
Default Trade Idea.

I'm a bit of both a Wizards fan and a Raptors fans, and I came up with this idea for a trade:

Toronto receives:
Antawn Jamison
Oleksiy Pecherov
Darius Songaila
2009 second-round pick

Washington receives:
Chris Bosh
Rasho Nesterovic
Luke Jackson
Kris Humphries

This may seem like a strange trade, but I thought it would work out well for each team. For the Wizards: they receive one of the league's top young power forwards in Bosh; Nesterovic provides a solid back-up or starter for when Haywood struggles; Humphries and Jackson are both pretty solid coming off the bench; plus, the contracts of Rasho, Humphries, and Jackson all come off the books after this season. For the Raptors: Jamison is getting old, but he does provide them another outside threat who can also play down low(his contract does expire after this season so if he falters they don't have to re-sign him or can use it as effective trade bait); Songaila is an effective small forward/power forward player who could come in and start at the small forward position, allowing Kapono to move to shooting guard, where he would be more effective; Pecherov gives them an up-and-coming natural center, which could allow Bargnani to move to a position that he is better suited to; also, both Pecherov and Songaila fit in with Colangelo's concept to appeal to the foreign audience in Toronto.

Just an idea, but what do you guys think?
PicturePerfect13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 09:56 PM   #2
luigi>mario
Now known as Luigi

luigi>mario has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Trade Idea.

Interesting Idea,

But the way I see toronto love on Bosh, I doubt you can get him without giving up more. They have a lot hanging on him.
luigi>mario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 06:45 AM   #3
RAPSCANWIN
Keeping the Bench Warm

RAPSCANWIN has decent reputation

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA:

Thats just crazy, Im sorry, i dont mean to sound condencending, but, Bosh is considered a franchise player by many, Jamison and roll players is just not enough.

Last edited by RAPSCANWIN : 10-30-2007 at 06:47 AM.
RAPSCANWIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 12:01 PM   #4
Good Old Willy
DBDs

Good Old Willy is considered somewhat coolGood Old Willy is considered somewhat coolGood Old Willy is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAPSCANWIN
HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA: ...

To put this further into perspective for Wiz fans, I don't think anyone at Raptor HQ would even want Arenas for Bosh, because they value Bosh so much higher as a player to a build a franchise around.

My own opinion is that Arenas would best max his NBA career as an SG and #2 leader behind a star big...
Good Old Willy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 11:55 AM   #5
wally_world
M0derator

wally_world has decent reputationwally_world has decent reputation

Bosh = untounchable...

and why would Raptors want someone like Jamison when they have Bargnani? who has a tremendous upside over Jamison...
wally_world is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 08:36 PM   #6
gsw21
I hit open layups

gsw21 has an OK reputation so far

Toronto would not trade their whole future for Antwan Jamison
gsw21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 07:55 PM   #7
catzhernandez
I love me sum Bird!

catzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by PicturePerfect13
I'm a bit of both a Wizards fan and a Raptors fans, and I came up with this idea for a trade:

Toronto receives:
Antawn Jamison
Oleksiy Pecherov
Darius Songaila
2009 second-round pick

Washington receives:
Chris Bosh
Rasho Nesterovic
Luke Jackson
Kris Humphries

this is a joke, right?
catzhernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 01:05 AM   #8
marny_navis
Banned

marny_navis has decent reputation

Wow, now I feel better about my trade. . . And you have 189 more posts like this???
marny_navis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 09:52 PM   #9
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Songaila is an effective small forward/power forward player who could come in and start at the small forward position
Oddly enough, this is probably the funniest part of that post.
RidonKs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 11:48 PM   #10
OPM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RidonKs
Oddly enough, this is probably the funniest part of that post.
hahaha
Old 11-29-2007, 08:43 PM   #11
mwhite0824
Can barely lace up my sneakers

mwhite0824 has an OK reputation so far

i don't think toronto would want 2 give up Chris Bosh...
mwhite0824 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 10:40 PM   #12
marny_navis
Banned

marny_navis has decent reputation

Anybody have a realistic trade idea that could benefit the Wizards? Possibly trade for a guard? Anthony Johnson could probably be had for very little, and he'd provide some good bench scoring.
marny_navis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 03:41 AM   #13
Dirkules
Kids at the park dunk on me

Dirkules has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwhite0824
i don't think toronto would want 2 give up Chris Bosh...

i agree, would be a great deal for the wizards, but i guess the Raptors will never do that and trade Bosh.
Dirkules is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: