Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Dallas Mavericks Forum

Dallas Mavericks Forum Dallas Mavericks message board - mavs message board - dallas mavericks fan forum

Old 11-02-2007, 11:15 AM   #1
Silent Mav
Local High School Star

Silent Mav has decent reputationSilent Mav has decent reputation
Default Juwan Howard to wear number 55

Juwan will wear 55 with Howard on the back. Mavs checked with the league and all that's required on the jersey is the last name. So no Jo Howard and Ju Howard.
Silent Mav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 02:13 PM   #2
NastaMaverick
College superstar

NastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Juwan Howard to wear number 55

Any reason why he picked that number?
NastaMaverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 12:06 AM   #3
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation

To bad the nba doesn't allow nicknames or first names.

"Juwan" would be cool as the only name on his jersey
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 12:21 AM   #4
The_Masterplan
Banned

The_Masterplan has an OK reputation so far

I am sure people will be able to tell the difference. Josh Howard is a lot darker than Juwan Howard.
The_Masterplan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 09:50 AM   #5
Dirkules
Kids at the park dunk on me

Dirkules has an OK reputation so far

i see no problem too, and i think Howard looks better on that jersey than Ju Howard or something.
Dirkules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 10:40 AM   #6
Silent Mav
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by NastaMaverick

He's always been 5, it was taken. I figured he would either be 50 or 55.
Old 11-06-2007, 03:44 AM   #7
kentatm
NBA Legend

kentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I think Juwans jersey should say Mexico on the back...
kentatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 11:28 AM   #8
gsxr1kryder
Decent playground baller

gsxr1kryder has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by NastaMaverick

he wanted a jersey that matched his age.

geez. I just don't see why we needed him. Donnie was quoted as saying...someone like Juwan Howard is just way too valuable to pass up.

am I missing something here?

3 games so far. so I don't expect much, but c'mon. show us something.

0 points. he has yet to score 1 single point for the Mavs.
6 rebounds.
7 fouls
1 turnover
1 block shot.

boy ... he's really lighting it up.
gsxr1kryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 12:28 AM   #9
jbot
Future D1 Dad

jbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsxr1kryder

0 points. he has yet to score 1 single point for the Mavs.

boy ... he's really lighting it up.

ouch. what a great transaction he's turning out to be. how many minutes is he getting per game though?
jbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 11:32 AM   #10
gsxr1kryder
Decent playground baller

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbot
ouch. what a great transaction he's turning out to be. how many minutes is he getting per game though?
he's played in 3 games so far. minutes:

7:02
17:23 (how da f*ck do you not score 1 point in 17 minutes?)
12:23
Old 11-09-2007, 07:49 AM   #11
kentatm
NBA Legend

kentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

he isnt in Dallas to score points and he has only been with the team a few games. Are you not going to give him time to learn the plays? geez some of you are impatient. He is much better to have than DJ who was completely useless.
kentatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 04:23 PM   #12
gsxr1kryder
Decent playground baller

what I was trying to say was........why?

dude has been in the league for freakin' ever. he should be ready to play in a couple days. you yourself said he's not there to score, so why does he need to know all the plays?

I just don't understand it. If you look at what we need right now.....it's Center help. juwan couldn't block a shot if he was guarding me. If he has any, I'd say his strong points in the past have been rebounding and scoring.

true maybe DJ wasn't worth anything, but why did Donnie think that Juwan was oh so much better?

oh so much better that he didn't even get off the bench at Golden State.

sorry about the rant. Just something about this deal has pissed me off since it came about.

Last edited by gsxr1kryder : 11-09-2007 at 04:26 PM.
Old 11-10-2007, 11:46 AM   #13
Silent Mav
Local High School Star

gsx, DJ needed playing time and he wasn't going to get much here. Right now all he is is an athletic player. Go after every block and jump out of the gym. It will benefit him to go somewhere and see if he can play. Don't expect much from Howard during the season. He will get spot minutes here and there. A little veterean savvy that might come in handy for the playoffs. I'd rather have him out there than Benga at those times. They also brought him in to mentor Bass, which can only be a good thing. Juwan has always been a pro with a good grasp of the game and good locker room guy. Not a bad person to take Bass under his wing and show him the ropes.
Old 11-20-2007, 01:58 AM   #14
jbot
Future D1 Dad

jbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Mav
gsx, DJ needed playing time and he wasn't going to get much here. Right now all he is is an athletic player. Go after every block and jump out of the gym. It will benefit him to go somewhere and see if he can play. Don't expect much from Howard during the season. He will get spot minutes here and there. A little veterean savvy that might come in handy for the playoffs. I'd rather have him out there than Benga at those times. They also brought him in to mentor Bass, which can only be a good thing. Juwan has always been a pro with a good grasp of the game and good locker room guy. Not a bad person to take Bass under his wing and show him the ropes.

you need to change your custom title to O.G. Pimp
jbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 01:54 AM   #15
gsxr1kryder
Decent playground baller

OG Pimp?

what's that all about?

Last edited by gsxr1kryder : 11-21-2007 at 01:57 AM.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: