Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Fantasy Basketball Forum

Fantasy Basketball Forum Fantasy basketball message board - fantasy basketball forum

Old 11-03-2007, 10:15 PM   #1
Don Shaun
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Don Shaun has an OK reputation so far
Default G.Wallace for D.Howard or C.Meggette for T.Chandler

I need a center and I know these guy would pull the trigger on eather one of these trades. Which one should I do?

Once agian: I send G.Wallace and get D.Howard
or
I send C.Meggette and get T.Chandler

Thanks,
Shaun
Don Shaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 10:20 PM   #2
RapsFan
Great college starter

RapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: G.Wallace for D.Howard or C.Meggette for T.Chandler

It's very close. Maggette would offset Dwight's FTs nicely, so I might go that way. However, Gwall/Tyson combo is very very nice as well. Run the numbers side by side and see which deal you win out on more compared to the stats your team is in need of. For example if you need scoring, do for the Maggette/Dwight side.
RapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 10:21 PM   #3
knicksrock2

knicksrock2 has an OK reputation so far

I feel like Meggete is gonna have a big year with Elton Brand out so i would keep him and do the other trade for Howard, but maybe wait a little to see how wallace does
knicksrock2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 10:42 PM   #4
Don Shaun

Thanks for the in put guys. I do need scoring, here I 'll give you the rest of my team.

Jameer Nelson
Kelenna Azubuike
Kevin Martin
Corey Maggette
Gerald Wallace
Shawn Marion
Al Horford
Martell Webster
Ronnie Brewer
Rasheed Wallace
Chris Bosh
Chris Wilcox
Ray Allen

It's a 10 team, 9 Cat. league. Bosh and Marion are my keepers. We play with a rookie rule, where you must have a rookie on your team at all time (Horford), my only center. I also get to add another player to my keepers this year...Wallace? Howard? Allen? Another problem with my team is I only have one point guard, I'm interested in N. Robinson, maybe drop Webster.

Thanks for the help.
Old 11-03-2007, 11:39 PM   #5
bigkingsfan
Gif-ted

bigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I like Dwight in your situation, Kevin Martin is a guy that can solely fix Dwight FT woes. And Gerrald is a below average FT shooter too, so it won't have dramatic effects.
bigkingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 12:11 AM   #6
LakersFO
High School Varsity 6th Man

LakersFO has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Shaun
Thanks for the in put guys. I do need scoring, here I 'll give you the rest of my team.

Jameer Nelson
Kelenna Azubuike
Kevin Martin
Corey Maggette
Gerald Wallace
Shawn Marion
Al Horford
Martell Webster
Ronnie Brewer
Rasheed Wallace
Chris Bosh
Chris Wilcox
Ray Allen

It's a 10 team, 9 Cat. league. Bosh and Marion are my keepers. We play with a rookie rule, where you must have a rookie on your team at all time (Horford), my only center. I also get to add another player to my keepers this year...Wallace? Howard? Allen? Another problem with my team is I only have one point guard, I'm interested in N. Robinson, maybe drop Webster.

Thanks for the help.

Wilcox, Bosh, Wallace, Horford are all centers on yahoo. You said Horford is your only center.

Not a bad group of guys. Hold off on both trades.

Kevin Martin will not really offset Dhoward or Gwallaces ft%. What it will do is help him(Howard) barely crack into the 70% range. Overall team will still be mediocre.

Dont drop webster for Nate. Webster balled tonight with a stl and two blks.

You are definitely weak at assists. I think you should focus on top pgs before your center issue. Which i don't think you have.

Be back later.
LakersFO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 12:22 AM   #7
thejoyofsobe
Local High School Star

thejoyofsobe has an OK reputation so far

If you feel you still need a center then you trade Maggette for Chandler because of your FT%.

I combined Maggettte, Martin and Howard's makes and attempts from last season (adjusted to Howard's current 63.2 FT%) and the aggregate figure was 76%. The rest of your team doesn't look like it has enough FT power to improve it much.
thejoyofsobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 12:27 AM   #8
trig
Decent college freshman

trig has decent reputationtrig has decent reputation

You have to fix your pg issue first. Jameer is your only pg and he doesnt even produce pg numbers. You might not have a player that will avg more than 6 ast.

Rasheed Bosh Wilcox horford Marion and wallace w/ or w/o C eligibility produce bigman like numbers(reb+blks)

Try trading some of your sg for a better pg. Azubuike Martel and brewer has decent trade value so its a good time to trade them. If you cant get a pg, maybe try getting odom while his value is low. Also maybe diaw.

Another option is to just sacrifice ast and focus on other stats
trig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 12:28 AM   #9
Admiral
Good High School Starter

Admiral has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejoyofsobe
If you feel you still need a center then you trade Maggette for Chandler because of your FT%.

I combined Maggettte, Martin and Howard's makes and attempts from last season (adjusted to Howard's current 63.2 FT%) and the aggregate figure was 76%. The rest of your team doesn't look like it has enough FT power to improve it much.

could just punt the ft% category and go with the best fit after that
Admiral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 12:34 AM   #10
Don Shaun

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakersFO
Wilcox, Bosh, Wallace, Horford are all centers on yahoo. You said Horford is your only center.

Not a bad group of guys. Hold off on both trades.

Kevin Martin will not really offset Dhoward or Gwallaces ft%. What it will do is help him(Howard) barely crack into the 70% range. Overall team will still be mediocre.

Dont drop webster for Nate. Webster balled tonight with a stl and two blks.

You are definitely weak at assists. I think you should focus on top pgs before your center issue. Which i don't think you have.

Be back later.

We use to have our league in Yahoo, but have recentlly moved it to NBA.com, which I'm not a fan of. None of those guys you named have center status in my league. As for the assists, I don't like them...they cause turn overs. I try and run a good defencive team, with high rebounds and squicky clean %'s and TO's. I looked at some's PG's, C.Bilups looks like he could fit in with my style of play, and has high assists. Would Wallace for Billups be fair? Any other suggestions?
Old 11-04-2007, 02:01 AM   #11
gsw21
I hit open layups

gsw21 has an OK reputation so far

Dwight will be excellent this year, i'm sure you should trade Wallace for him. Expect like 19/12 from Howard. As for maggette and Chandler, i think i would rather have Maggette, especially if you trade for Howard.
gsw21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 08:28 AM   #12
thejoyofsobe
Local High School Star

thejoyofsobe has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admiral
could just punt the ft% category and go with the best fit after that
If that manager punts FT%, then there's little reason to even have Maggette.
thejoyofsobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 12:33 PM   #13
hateraid
Is it in you?

hateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Expect Wallace's numbers to go down. Dwight no question
hateraid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 04:44 AM   #14
LakersFO

Quote:
Originally Posted by hateraid
Expect Wallace's numbers to go down. Dwight no question

Why would Wallace's numbers go down?J-rich will take away from him? Brevin is gone? Sean May is down?Morrison ACL prohibits him from playing all year. Maybe its because Okafor is healthy. Even with JRich taking away from his offensive stats. Wallace's defensive stats will remain. Having new teamates doesn't change a players opportunity on the opposing end of the court.
Old 11-05-2007, 04:46 AM   #15
LakersFO

If you are looking for scoring Tyson isn't the answer.

Corey was 13/14 from the line tonight. Beautiful. Maybe your team could use him.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: