Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Indiana Pacers Forum

Indiana Pacers Forum Indiana Pacers message board - pacers fan forum

Old 11-04-2007, 04:11 PM   #1
marny_navis
Banned

marny_navis has decent reputation
Default Future of the Pacers

What do you think the Pacers future will be like? Look in the future a couple years, and tell what you see.
marny_navis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 05:02 PM   #2
fiddy
HC4L

fiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Future of the Pacers

It depends. The young players on the team are playing some good ball. If indy manages to get something valuable in return of JO they might have very bright future.
fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 05:21 PM   #3
marny_navis
Banned

I think they can do it two ways: 1.) Trade O'Neal and plan for the future. 2.) Keep O'Neal and try to win now. My guess is the latter; they've won three games in a row now, so they don't really have a reason to trade him away.

They keep him, and finish with 43 wins. They get into the playoffs, and lose immediately in the first round, despite a strong season. O'Neal says he wants traded. Kobe Bryant starts saying "Oh boy lets jump on him." The Lakers then trade Odom and Bynum for O'Neal and a filler. They start losing, and land a top ten pick. Odom's contract runs out, and they don't re-sign him. Then they land the top pick the next year and draft some shooting guard, and the Pacers become the next L.A. Lakers, with Danny Granger too.
Old 11-04-2007, 05:45 PM   #4
catzhernandez
I love me sum Bird!

catzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by marny_navis
I think they can do it two ways: 1.) Trade O'Neal and plan for the future. 2.) Keep O'Neal and try to win now. My guess is the latter; they've won three games in a row now, so they don't really have a reason to trade him away.

They keep him, and finish with 43 wins. They get into the playoffs, and lose immediately in the first round, despite a strong season. O'Neal says he wants traded. Kobe Bryant starts saying "Oh boy lets jump on him." The Lakers then trade Odom and Bynum for O'Neal and a filler. They start losing, and land a top ten pick. Odom's contract runs out, and they don't re-sign him. Then they land the top pick the next year and draft some shooting guard, and the Pacers become the next L.A. Lakers, with Danny Granger too.
sounds like a win-win situation
catzhernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 05:56 PM   #5
marny_navis
Banned

I think if Dunleavy, Tinsley, Granger, and Foster/Diogu/Harrison can continue to step up, which they have been doing, then they can be true contenders with Jermaine O'Neal.

wth catz isn't this the exact same thing i posted? why did you edit it

EDIT- thats what I changed... lol... just made the grammer better, lol

Last edited by catzhernandez : 11-05-2007 at 12:47 PM.
Old 11-04-2007, 06:25 PM   #6
fiddy
HC4L

fiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

They cant keep him no longer till midseason. If he leaves with the team till the end of the season Indy wont be able to get anything in return of him. And i still think that Lakers wont give up both LO and Bynum. Its a lil bit too much for JO. Bynum is a great prospect.
fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 07:06 AM   #7
jbot
Future D1 Dad

jbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

i see o'neal gone, granger in an allstar game, foster will retire a pacer.
jbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 12:48 PM   #8
catzhernandez
I love me sum Bird!

catzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbot
i see o'neal gone, granger in an allstar game, foster will retire a pacer.

i LOVE the way you think partner...
catzhernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 05:06 PM   #9
marny_navis
Banned

I think Granger'll get an All-Star game too. Harrison and Diogu will develop nicely.
Old 11-05-2007, 09:49 PM   #10
jbot
Future D1 Dad

jbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by marny_navis
Harrison and Diogu will develop nicely.

ehh, i'm sorta skeptical about this one. diogu yes, harrison i wish him the best of luck this season though.
jbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 09:58 PM   #11
marny_navis
Banned

Center David Harrison and Power Forward Ike Diogu will hopefully develop into effective professional basketball players. Diogu appears further along and more likely to succeed, but we are still hoping that the center, David Harrison, formerly of the University of Colorado (I think), will develop into an efficient complement down low, standing next to Mr. Diogu. We offer our best wishes to the Pacers front line coming off the bench, and we hope that they will do well this season, and in the years to come.

Better?
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: