Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Indiana Pacers Forum

Indiana Pacers Forum Indiana Pacers message board - pacers fan forum

Old 11-04-2007, 06:06 PM   #1
marny_navis
Banned

marny_navis has decent reputation
Default Would you do this trade?

I haven't done a trade before involving Chicago and L.A., but I gave it a shot here. Obviously there are some tweeks that need to be adjusted. I was thinking maybe Sacramento gives their first round pick up to someone. Here it is:

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=2748~3197~617~2421~2381~3032~8 85~3~25~3000~2755~615&teams=11~4~23~11~23~11~13~11 ~13~4~11~4&te=&cash=

And I know that the Bulls already said no to a trade btw

Last edited by marny_navis : 11-04-2007 at 06:10 PM.
marny_navis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 06:52 PM   #2
catzhernandez
I love me sum Bird!

catzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Would you do this trade?

Quote:
Originally Posted by marny_navis
I haven't done a trade before involving Chicago and L.A., but I gave it a shot here. Obviously there are some tweeks that need to be adjusted. I was thinking maybe Sacramento gives their first round pick up to someone. Here it is:

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=2748~3197~617~2421~2381~3032~8 85~3~25~3000~2755~615&teams=11~4~23~11~23~11~13~11 ~13~4~11~4&te=&cash=

And I know that the Bulls already said no to a trade btw
marny, you should let me delete this thread, lol... you're gonna get some slack for that trade idea. Indiana gets waaaaaay too much for JO, chicago gets raped badly, it's meh for the lakers, and the kings would jump on this, although they already have martin at the 2... but man, this is a horrible, horrible trade

Last edited by catzhernandez : 11-04-2007 at 07:08 PM.
catzhernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 07:08 PM   #3
marny_navis
Banned

I like it for the Bulls because Hinrich is good enough in the backcourt, they already have Thabo to go with Crit and Douby, but it's still a bit of a hole, they have Deng at the SF who could shine as the main scoring threat at the wing, O'Neal can give them that presence down low that they need, and for center they can either try and get Chris Webber to play for a championship level team, or maybe trade one of their bench guys.

For the Pacers, I like the idea of starting over even though they have a 3-0 winning streak. Bynum, Thomas, and the rest give them hope for the future, and they are expendable in this trade thanks to what their teams get in return. Indy also trades a future protected first rounder to the Lakers to make it look a bit like they didn't get too overbountified.

The Lakers get a roster that can contend today. Kobe is already great on defense, and now he gets Artest and Wallace to help him out. He can be the guy scoring, but he also has enough guys that can get a few buckets themselves. Turiaf or Kwame start at PF, the other comes off the bench with Walton. Maybe Chris Webber would consider going to the Lakers, too. The bench scoring is the main question mark.

For the Bulls, I think they do give up a bit much, but they now have that low post scoring that they need. As long as they can hold up at the SG spot, they're fine. Might want to pick up a center, though, unless Noah shines.

For the Kings, they get help today as well as tomorrow. If Gordon can play the point, then they have a winning roster. Bibby could be traded or come off the bench. Probably be traded. Odom could start at SF or PF. If it doesn't work out, then they can let Gordon go and trade Odom's expiring contract in the offseason. I have some mixed reactions with them.

That's my analysis. I would do it as a Laker and a Pacer, possibly as a Bull, and as a King, maybe.
Old 11-04-2007, 07:14 PM   #4
catzhernandez
I love me sum Bird!

catzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

no dude, its bad, its realllly bad. the bulls would be 4 deep at the pg postion... even tho i like the staring lineup of

Noah
O'Neal
Deng
Nocioni
Hinrich

haha but its still reallllly bad, they have hinrich, douby, crittenton, and duhon...
Old 11-04-2007, 07:18 PM   #5
marny_navis
Banned

God damn it, catz, I'm gonna remove you from my buddy list pretty soon.

And besides, Crit, Hinrich, and Douby are all versatile enough to play two-guard.
Old 11-04-2007, 07:25 PM   #6
catzhernandez
I love me sum Bird!

what are you on tonight marny?? this is bad man. really bad. so you say you wanna trade 1 tweener for 3 tweeners??
Old 11-04-2007, 07:27 PM   #7
marny_navis
Banned

Ugh, idk. I just messed around with the trade machine until something worked. I never thought it was going to be this terrible.
Old 11-05-2007, 08:05 AM   #8
jbot
Future D1 Dad

jbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

i don't want vujacic or the ancient one, abdul-rahim any where near my pacers.
jbot is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: