Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Fantasy Basketball Forum

Fantasy Basketball Forum Fantasy basketball message board - fantasy basketball forum

Old 11-06-2007, 01:15 AM   #1
Zan Tabak
Only the finest

Default Carmelo for Felton?

I have Carmelo on my team..but the word about him is ..he gives you alot of pts but not much else..What do you think of this trade?
Zan Tabak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 01:28 AM   #2
thejoyofsobe
Local High School Star

Default Re: Carmelo for Felton?

No. You can probably get more out of Carmelo than him.

Carmelo is finally shooting threes, averaging 1.7 per game. If he keeps these averages (with FT% getting back to 80) up the rest of the year he'd be around a top 20 player.
Felton's had 2 great games so far but as a Felton owner I'm not buying that he'll keep these averages up. He's not going to be averaging 57.1% from the perimeter and I doubt we'll see his FG% ten percentage points above last season's like it is now.
I do think his steals will stay up because of playing time but I think his points will go down as well. I haven't seen enough of the Bobcats to gauge whether his assists will stay where they are now, but if the tail end of his rookie season is any indication then they very likely can with 40+ mpg.
thejoyofsobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 01:58 AM   #3
Zan Tabak
Only the finest

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejoyofsobe
No. You can probably get more out of Carmelo than him.

Carmelo is finally shooting threes, averaging 1.7 per game. If he keeps these averages (with FT% getting back to 80) up the rest of the year he'd be around a top 20 player.
Felton's had 2 great games so far but as a Felton owner I'm not buying that he'll keep these averages up. He's not going to be averaging 57.1% from the perimeter and I doubt we'll see his FG% ten percentage points above last season's like it is now.
I do think his steals will stay up because of playing time but I think his points will go down as well. I haven't seen enough of the Bobcats to gauge whether his assists will stay where they are now, but if the tail end of his rookie season is any indication then they very likely can with 40+ mpg.
Great answer..thanks man!
Old 11-06-2007, 04:16 AM   #4
LakersFO
High School Varsity 6th Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zan Tabak
Great answer..thanks man!

Sobe is abso-freaking-lutely on point.

I was targeting Melo hoping other would buy into the "scoring-melo" line. Didn't work in my auction league and he was drafted just before I was going to take him.

Adding to Sobe's post:

Melo's ft attempts are increasing along with his makes. Huge affect to overall team ft%

5+ rebs

5+ assists

stl and blk are increasing too.

Melo is maturing very quickly in the league. And i am loving it. His fantasy game is improving with it.

Buy Carmelo low in keeper leagues or even redraft leagues where he is being undervalued.
LakersFO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 04:20 AM   #5
LakersFO
High School Varsity 6th Man

My bad..i forgot to answer the question. I was so consumed by the Carmelo topic(that i had bottled inside and wanted to share) that i didn't even realize it was a trade offer.

Felton is playing above his head with his fg% and 3's. His normal shooting % will balance out after 3 weeks when we have a proper sampling.

The other owner is taking advantage of Feltons good week to trick you into accepting. NO DEAL. Unless you ask for more.
LakersFO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 11:56 AM   #6
Zan Tabak
Only the finest

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakersFO
My bad..i forgot to answer the question. I was so consumed by the Carmelo topic(that i had bottled inside and wanted to share) that i didn't even realize it was a trade offer.

Felton is playing above his head with his fg% and 3's. His normal shooting % will balance out after 3 weeks when we have a proper sampling.

The other owner is taking advantage of Feltons good week to trick you into accepting. NO DEAL. Unless you ask for more.
Cool ,thanks dudes!..I was almost robbed!..I'll hang onto Melo..
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: